Transmog 2.0

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Re: Transmog 2.0

Unread post by Sigrah »

I just hope this juicy tidbit makes it in and is a sign of things that weren't moggable before becoming available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu0JAYn ... be&t=4m45s

Would also be awesome if they made white / grey quality gear moggable as well, but I guess it's mostly just wait and see?
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

One thing that I'm praying becomes moggable:

Twilight Cultist Robe

One day. You will be mine. Oh yes. You will be mine. I'd *kill* for them to make this moggable.... if they haven't.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Kurasu wrote:One thing that I'm praying becomes moggable:

Twilight Cultist Robe

One day. You will be mine. Oh yes. You will be mine. I'd *kill* for them to make this moggable.... if they haven't.
Then you may find this tidbit interesting:

https://youtu.be/wUnjQX4wTCI?t=2m47s

Look at the shoulders in slot 5 of 6 in the top row. Then compare them to the screenshots of this item on wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=20406/twili ... ist-mantle

Unfortunately, the video is 2 months old, and nothing is set it stone with alphas, betas, etc., but it's enough to give me hope ;)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Unfortunately, there are *TONS* of changes going on, so I'm not going to hold out much hope until the Beta comes up, and people who grab the shoulders can say "OMG I can transmog them!" say something.

I pre-ordered, but I'm not sure if it comes with an automatic beta key. Even if it does, I'm pretty blase about doing beta; I don't like spoilers, so I'd be poking at all old world stuff.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I've not been able to find any info on this yet so I thought I would ask here-once you have unlocked the item's appearance, are you able to go take it to a vendor (not the AH) and sell it?

Because if so I am going to make a ton selling the stuff that I have been collecting-all of my toons have bags, banks and void storages full of transmog stuff right now.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yes, for the most part. It'll only grant you the appearance of weapons and armor that your specific class can use. For example, on a Warrior it'll grant you the appearance of Plate armor and any weapons a Warrior can equip (Almost all of them). But it will not give you Cloth, Leather, and Mail. Warriors can technically wear them, but it isn't their main armor type.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I've not been able to find any info on this yet so I thought I would ask here-once you have unlocked the item's appearance, are you able to go take it to a vendor (not the AH) and sell it?
If I read the way they're doing it right, yes. They *might* change that, but I don't think so. I'm not sure if it has to be soulbound to be added, but it definitely has to be equipped (so I think it has to be soulbound, which still would remove most greys and whites unless they've changed that; I kinda hope they have since there's some unique appearances in them).

You can also disenchant them, if you're a disser. Depending on the item, the dust might be worth more than vendoring. Unless enchantment got *HUGE* changes.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Tonight I intend to find out if as surv you can swap to marks/bm to learn a dropped range weapon, or as ranged swap to surv to learn a non-mace melee weapon. If so, hunters MAY be the best class to go weapon transmog hunting with.. I think the only two they can't equip are maces and wands!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

With the PTR coming, along with the new transmog system being on there, I'm awakening this thread so that people can bring up any new information they find about the transmog system there.

Things worth looking for for people that come up off the top of my head:

1) Old items that were not transmoggable, but now are.
2) Old things that were transmoggable, but now are *not*
3) Old things that were one type of armor, but now are another
4) What quest rewards carry over to what characters
5) If changing your spec changes what types of armor/weapons that you can transmog to. *ESPECIALLY* important for hunters, considering that Survival hunters are a melee group and Marksman/Beast Master hunters are a ranged group; does that leave us with the largest possible chance for getting transmoggable weapons?
6) Unbound items that are now soulbound, or added to the transmog list without being soulbound.
7) Changes in item appearance, as well as armor type (a *bunch* of armors that were mail are becoming plate, for example)
8) Whether old, pre-Cata quest rewards count toward the list (probably not something that can be tested in PTR even with character copy; I'm not sure what quests carry over)

I can't immediately think of other things to bring up, but that's a bunch off the top of my head.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

What about the blue mail set from black fathom geeks ?

Tårn is wearing the boots, Shoulders, breastplate, and feet here and it was one of my favorite mogs.. if i ever return to wow i would be sad to see it gone. I dont remember the items name sadly...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Unless you can identify even one piece of the armor, I'm not sure; unfortunately I can't think of any blue mail that drops in Blackfathom Deeps. Otherwise I could check right off.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Character create and copy are all bugged right now for a lot of people. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Kurasu wrote:Unless you can identify even one piece of the armor, I'm not sure; unfortunately I can't think of any blue mail that drops in Blackfathom Deeps. Otherwise I could check right off.

Checked the interweb.. called the Outrunner set

http://wowroleplaygear.com/2012/03/21/outrunners-set/

the shoulders for the set are also mail now but i dont know if they will be plate?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=15597/steadfast-shoulders

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

This set's safe, it looks like. They're all mail at the moment and apparently staying that way if the tab says anything. A lot of random drop greens are staying their present type, fortunately; it's the low-level BoP quest rewards that are the bigger concern. That set is staying mail.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I went through altoholic, looking at all the 1-40 items I had banked that were either leather or mail, and checked if they'd be available (or a lookalike) as mail. Most of the ones that weren't on the list were green BoE drops or crafted items.

Also, last I checked, the Brunhildar Harpoon was no longer xmoggable.

I haven't made a warrior to test the xmog system, but on live they are the class that can equip the most weapon types. Hunters can't do maces (1 or 2h) or wands (or shields), but warriors can only not equip wands.
Last edited by Xota on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Kurasu wrote:This set's safe, it looks like. They're all mail at the moment and apparently staying that way if the tab says anything. A lot of random drop greens are staying their present type, fortunately; it's the low-level BoP quest rewards that are the bigger concern. That set is staying mail.
Awesome. Thanks for checking.

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I had to create a new character to test something out (something that might not be until tomorrow for me to get to; we'll see).

I can confirm: BoP whites from quests are still not moggable. At least not those opening quests. I rather didn't think they would be, but had to hope.

I kinda hoped some whites/greys would be; there's an amazing mace that only comes as a grey. :(
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

One set I'm curious about is this one: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1169 It's a low level black smithing set for the most part, one ment originally for low level strength based classes. Interested in knowing if it's one of the sets going plate.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Character copy seems to be working now. I'm concerned because my Ebonhold set is not showing up in the appearance tab, or in the mail tab at all... :/
Also my brawler's shirts aren't there either and I assumed they would be.

EDIT: Also they've ruined my goggles. :( :( :( Now they're all small and way too far down on Veph's face and they look dumb.

Current Live:

PTR:
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Sigrah wrote:One set I'm curious about is this one: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1169 It's a low level black smithing set for the most part, one ment originally for low level strength based classes. Interested in knowing if it's one of the sets going plate.
Actually, it's another one that's staying mail. They are removing the strength from it, though; what used to be strength is now agility. So yes. It's still available. :D