Petopians in the Beta

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Re: Petopians in the Beta

Unread post by Twistedklown »

I'm in the same boat as Mehira. 2 of my long time friends have been in every alpha or beta since classic wow's beta, and neither of them have ever really had any interest in beta testing. They both got alpha access about 4 months ago. 1 has logged in 5 times in 4 months. The other never downloaded it. And he now lets me use his access to test. I was in the MoP beta because of the annual pass. Submitted a lot of bug reports. I got into late alpha for WoD; a few weeks before it became beta. I submitted a lot of bug reports and gave suggestions/ideas for fixes. I've been in either beta or alpha for every game from Blizzard since Diablo 3 and MoP. So I was kind of expecting to get into the alpha, or at the very least the first wave of beta invites for Legion. But no such luck. I hope saying this doesn't get myself or my friend into trouble with Blizzard, but it kind of shows how their invite system is flawed. Just my opinion. The people who want to actually test the game out to help make it better, I have a lot of respect for. It's the self-entitled brats that want to play a demo of the expansion and whine and complain because there are bugs, that irritate me. I'm sure you all have seen the nonstop crying about the phasing issues in Dalaran the last couple of days.

I leveled up characters to max level in the alpha, but have been reluctant to do so on beta. So I've been doing the artifact quests on as many classes as I can for now. Hoping for my account to be flagged for beta access so I can do it there. Especially if/when they activate the character copy. This account only has 2 max level characters on it. Where as mine has 15. Yes, I'm an altoholic. 1 of every class at 100, plus 1 extra of hunter, paladin, druid, and shaman on opposite faction with a connected realm.

I'm going sneak out of here now, and hope Blizzard doesn't realize that I'm somewhere I shouldn't be. :P
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I'm fine with my name being on the list too.
Also, are we making a Petopia guild on the beta?

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Wain: Go ahead and add me to the list as well. I'm always willing to help out fellow Petopians when I'm on the Beta. I've been currently trying to track down the whereabouts of the new mechanicals. ;)
Last edited by Ashaine on Wed May 18, 2016 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I'm in beta! :D

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

I'm in a Beta for once! I'm on Realm01 as Beint for now. x)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I'm in the beta, though I'll probably not be too active in it for a bit since I'm in the process of moving.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Smyelmdar wrote: Also, are we making a Petopia guild on the beta?
Wondering the same, would be nice to chat with everyone while discovering and exploring :hug: I don't even care what faction I'd play either or both. :)
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Twistedklown wrote:I'm in the same boat as Mehira. 2 of my long time friends have been in every alpha or beta since classic wow's beta, and neither of them have ever really had any interest in beta testing. They both got alpha access about 4 months ago. 1 has logged in 5 times in 4 months. The other never downloaded it. And he now lets me use his access to test. I was in the MoP beta because of the annual pass. Submitted a lot of bug reports. I got into late alpha for WoD; a few weeks before it became beta. I submitted a lot of bug reports and gave suggestions/ideas for fixes. I've been in either beta or alpha for every game from Blizzard since Diablo 3 and MoP. So I was kind of expecting to get into the alpha, or at the very least the first wave of beta invites for Legion. But no such luck. I hope saying this doesn't get myself or my friend into trouble with Blizzard, but it kind of shows how their invite system is flawed. Just my opinion. The people who want to actually test the game out to help make it better, I have a lot of respect for. It's the self-entitled brats that want to play a demo of the expansion and whine and complain because there are bugs, that irritate me. I'm sure you all have seen the nonstop crying about the phasing issues in Dalaran the last couple of days.

I leveled up characters to max level in the alpha, but have been reluctant to do so on beta. So I've been doing the artifact quests on as many classes as I can for now. Hoping for my account to be flagged for beta access so I can do it there. Especially if/when they activate the character copy. This account only has 2 max level characters on it. Where as mine has 15. Yes, I'm an altoholic. 1 of every class at 100, plus 1 extra of hunter, paladin, druid, and shaman on opposite faction with a connected realm.

I'm going sneak out of here now, and hope Blizzard doesn't realize that I'm somewhere I shouldn't be. :P

I have been on the beta sign up list for this whole time and still haven't gotten an invite. I think they're still mad at me for the big list of flaws and glitches I put up about their updated models (It was basically a consolidation of glitches and common complaints on the new models to keep upfront on the boards). So looks like I'll probably be out this beta *shrugs*

Eh well, while I like beta and alpha testing, I guess I'm not on the MVP-list so not much you can do but sit back and hope the concerns you have are being addressed. And most of mine are so I'm not too worried for the most part. Either way, it's just good to see alot of petopians testing it out so said concerns can be answered and looked at.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

13thmaiden wrote:I think they're still mad at me for the big list of flaws and glitches I put up about their updated models (It was basically a consolidation of glitches and common complaints on the new models to keep upfront on the boards). So looks like I'll probably be out this beta *shrugs*
Hey, I certainly haven't held back about things I think are poorly done (I'd feel dishonest if I did), but I'm still in :) I think it's mostly just random. I think they assign a number to certain groups and to types of players, and the rest are just completely random picks.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Someone let me borrow their account, so I'm kind of in too.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Wain wrote: Hey, I certainly haven't held back about things I think are poorly done (I'd feel dishonest if I did), but I'm still in :) I think it's mostly just random. I think they assign a number to certain groups and to types of players, and the rest are just completely random picks.

It probably is, and the fact I haven't been messing around on my WoW account for the past 2 months (medical schooling hits you like bricks near the end, but I freakin graduated so WOOT!) isn't helping my case. In the mean time I'll just float around here and on the official fourms and watch everyone else's statements on what it's looking like so far. I'm hoping they'll clean up more on BM spec, from all that I'm seeing I'm not so thrilled at the moment. Though I gotta say the art is fekking amazing from what I've seen so far. (aside from some models which has my nitpicking built up XD)
Dreamwidow
Realm: Feathermoon, WRA, MG, Kirin Tor

Unread post by Dreamwidow »

Hello.. I just signed up for the forums, though I've been using Petopia since before the website changed the first time.... I am in beta if you want to add me / Character Name Daeven. (test realm 2.)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dreamwidow wrote:Hello.. I just signed up for the forums, though I've been using Petopia since before the website changed the first time.... I am in beta if you want to add me / Character Name Daeven. (test realm 2.)
Awesome. And welcome out of hiding :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I doubt I'm going to get into the beta by this point (unless they do another sweep), but I'm at least happy to point out things I see on live that people may want to check in beta, or things I hope to see. .... that counts for something, right? ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I just got a beta key myself. I will probably start testing either tonight or early tomorrow. :D
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Kurasu wrote:I doubt I'm going to get into the beta by this point (unless they do another sweep)
I feel you. First time I've not received an invitation.

But I shall live vicariously through other testers. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I just got in.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Just got in, thank you Wowhead :hug: :headbang: :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh yay :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Rawr wrote:Just got in, thank you Wowhead :hug: :headbang: :mrgreen:
Aye Wowhead was who hooked me up to! 8-)