Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

Unread post by Aroim »

ehw... yeah in the Cave of the Classhall i found this :D
Cave troll.jpg
Cave troll.jpg (356.48 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

He appears to be sporting the old hunter bow/staff O.o - everything else is the same up there. He also was having somewhat of a phasing issue for me. Must be an item we need to find :D

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!

:D

???

Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

I was unable to find the manashell turtle after this new build. Guess they changed it into one of the normal turtles in the area. Unless someone killed it.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Ogdrul would phase in and out for me, but it was more like a graphic glitch than a phasing issue. Turning the camera would make him disappear and reappear. He did have an interaction window pop up for me:
- Edit - Didn't notice Aroim's attachment. Basically same image. Sorry for the repeated post.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

The Great Sea Ray is no longer tamable. The one I had in my stable is gone, and when I went to check them in the wild; you can't even beast lore them anymore. Also, the Great Sea Flatback (sea turtle) is no longer tamable. You can beast lore them and it says that it is not tamable. However, I do still have mine in my stable.

Well it seems that the empty spot in my stable that had the sea ray in it was just missing the icon for it. I placed one of my current pets into the "empty" spot in the stable, and I guess it put the ray in my call pet 2 slot. It still had no icon. I saw the whistle icon in the spot, and when I hovered over the whistle; it showed the tooltip for crab. Which is what the ray was classified as. So, I still have the ray. But they are no longer tamable.

And talk about a health number issue.....
Tank spec'd pet: 21,806hp @ level 105
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Such a shame the rays didn't stay tamable.

Very broken hearted the mana shell is probably gone to

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think Xota linked a rare with the same stony turtle look. I don't believe anyone has found it yet, but I'd be surprised if they don't use it.
EDIT: actually there are two possibilities:
http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=103247/ultanok
http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=112956/sh ... -manaspine
Curiously, Tortolla (Ancient from Hyjal) also appears under a new ID in the database using the stone turtle skin (he currently uses the ancient turtle skin, similar to the original turtle model):
http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=97929/tortolla

The rays, on the other hand, really were unlikely :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There's now a second source of the Felslate Basilisk. Previously it only appeared (rarely) from mining felslate ore. Now it's also been added as a common spawn on the Sundered Shoals in south-west Suramar (on the border with Azsuna and Val'sharah). So at least hunters who aren't miners can access it.

Some basilisks (mainly the felslate and leystone types) have mineable corpses. The amusing thing is I just got a Felslate Basilisk to spawn from mining the corpse of a Felslate Basilisk :)
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

I'm really aggravated right now. I understand making Ray's and sea turtles non-tamable. That makes sense. But fix the pet health. Pets tamed from Broken Isles are missing 200k health. It makes them completely useless. I would have thought making the health even out would be higher on the list than "fixing" a couple of fluke pet tames. Not to mention potentially removing that amazing turtle from being tamed?! Why?!

I'm just really, really, irritated.

++++EDIT++++

Ok. So the there as of now. Had to check to be sure. Lowland Manashell is still there.
Last edited by Acadion on Sat May 21, 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I would guess different types of people working on them with different responsibilities and skills. Setting the tame flag on a creature, or setting a family, would be a trivial change that any area designer could do, even if they're new to the job. Solving the conflict issues between pet health scaling and level scaling would almost certainly require more advanced levels of responsibility and it's probably in the to-do pile for someone who has a senior position. So just because it's done first doesn't mean it's more important, just easier to fix.

I'm really hoping the stony turtle is around somewhere. It really is a special look and if they decide to make it a rare then I can understand that. But I hope it's still in.
Sproclo
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Sproclo »

Tamed A-me. Had to kite around the cave. Need to weaken it first. Took a few tries but then I managed a good path. Cleared the cave then kite it the whole length then circled the pillar at the front.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_052116_141341.jpg
WoWScrnShot_052116_141341.jpg (135.08 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Sproclo wrote:Tamed A-me. Had to kite around the cave. Need to weaken it first. Took a few tries but then I managed a good path. Cleared the cave then kite it the whole length then circled the pillar at the front.

Amazing! What a wonderful find! Imma try that on my stream. Thank you so much for this!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Thanks for the tort update.

OH MY GOSH! A-me!!!! Was wondering if she (?) would end up being tamable.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I have wanted A-me since my first hunter found it years ago. I am happy!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sproclo wrote:Tamed A-me. Had to kite around the cave. Need to weaken it first. Took a few tries but then I managed a good path. Cleared the cave then kite it the whole length then circled the pillar at the front.
Woohoo! Well done!! And thanks for coming here to report your find :)

She doesn't seem to be showing up in Wowhead searches for me, but here's a direct link if you wanted to post and claim first find :)

http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=107836/a-me-02
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tweeted Sproclo's find, with a link to this thread. I hope you don't mind me using your pic :)

https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/7 ... 4664375296
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

My heart just did a flip at the updated bears. I don't think I'm ever going to have any other pet in Legion.

Do they still sleep?

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Sproclo

Unread post by Sproclo »

I don't mind at all. Posted so it can be shared. I've wanted her since I found her way back when. Though she is a 100 level elite in Beta right now. She hits like a truck too. So you must kite her around and attack her. She has an Iron Will debuff and wont be tameable until you weaken her.
Sproclo

Unread post by Sproclo »

I also tamed a moose and named it SamWinchestr. For any Supernatural fans out there will understand.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_051616_134836.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051616_134836.jpg (400.95 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sproclo wrote:I also tamed a moose and named it SamWinchestr. For any Supernatural fans out there will understand.
:D I have plans to do this very same thing on one of my alt hunters! (finally the stag can be replaced by a true moose)