BM yells as of current patch master list

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

BM yells as of current patch master list

Unread post by Albain »

As some have noticed, some races/sexes for BM hunters, do a lot of screaming. Every single time they hit kill command or dire beast. So I went through every single race/sex combination and made a list. This list will be tested and revised every single patch if something changes. Tolerability/annoyance levels vary from person to person, these are mine.

NO YELL:

Dwarf Female
Dwarf Male
Night Elf Male
Worgen Male
Gnome Male
Worgen Female
Tauren male
Troll male
Troll female

Annoying Yell:
Pandaren Female
Gnome Female
Goblin Male
Night Elf Female
Undead male
Goblin male
Goblin female (maybe. I don't like it, some may find it tolerable.)
Orc female

Tolerable Yell:

Human Male
Human Female
Pandaren Male
Draenei Female (sort of. One of her yells is easily tolerated, the other makes my ears bleed)
Draenei Male
Blood elf female
Blood elf male (though his yells generally sound more like.. grunts?)
Orc Male
Tauren female
Undead female
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: BM yells as of current patch master list

Unread post by Xota »

Thank you for keeping an eye ear out for this.

I hope the devs don't think, "golly, we need to add yells to more race/gender combos".
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I don't know why they added those yells in the first place, and honestly I hope they all get removed before Legion goes live.
ImageImage
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Thanks for testing all the races Albain. Thank goodness only one of my characters will have a horrible yell. Course she's a monk, so maybe not? :D
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

13thmaiden wrote:Thanks for testing all the races Albain. Thank goodness only one of my characters will have a horrible yell. Course she's a monk, so maybe not? :D
Thankfully these yells don't seem to get used anywhere else. I can't even find them in the database right now. Hoping to soon so I can find them (there's usually 3-4 per sex/race) and mute them permanently.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah, I'd appreciate a mute list. (like how I love worgen but loathe the incessant snorfling)...

And I plan to main a gnome hunter SO... just... for the sake of my sanity, haha.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

3 of my girls are on the annoying list. Lovely.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:I don't know why they added those yells in the first place, and honestly I hope they all get removed before Legion goes live.
This. I'll find a mute addon asap if they aren't removed. Terrible.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

They didn't remove worgen snorking even though people bitched about it from basically day 1... I doubt they'll remove it, honestly.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Good point Nact. Same with the saber cat jowly drooly head shake noise they left even though it was heavily complained about

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Yells have not changed for this patch.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Hopefully someone makes a "Hunter Yell Silence" addon :lol: :mrgreen:

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You don't need an actual addon. There's an easy workaround to silence any sound in game (core hound stomping, slobbercats, worgen snorking) as long as you have identified the one that gets up your nose.

I personally have the water sounds made by mage elementals silenced, because having to listen to my water elemental for any length of time makes me have to pee.

Oh. And that GODDAMN SUNFLOWER ISTG.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Nachtwulf wrote:You don't need an actual addon. There's an easy workaround to silence any sound in game (core hound stomping, slobbercats, worgen snorking) as long as you have identified the one that gets up your nose.
Specifically, you duplicate the path for the sound file in your WoW directory (with "Sound" being a subdirectory of your main World of Warcraft directory). Then for sound file you want to permanently mute, you'd make an empty file (in Windows, you can just make a text file) and then rename it the same as the to-be-muted game sound file. Instead of having a .txt extension, it should have a .ogg extension when you're done. example:

Code: Select all

sound\creature\worgenfemale\worgenfemale_emotesniff_01.ogg
If that's poorly explained, don't worry. Someone will make the "addon" to mute all those sounds if the constant yelling makes it to the release version (it just won't go in the addon directory).
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

^-Thanks for that Xota, I need to put that in for my worgen. And as Natch said THAT STUPID SUNFLOWER!!! (I hate that thing's song.)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Xota wrote: Specifically, you duplicate the path for the sound file in your WoW directory (with "Sound" being a subdirectory of your main World of Warcraft directory). Then for sound file you want to permanently mute, you'd make an empty file (in Windows, you can just make a text file) and then rename it the same as the to-be-muted game sound file. Instead of having a .txt extension, it should have a .ogg extension when you're done. example:

Code: Select all

sound\creature\worgenfemale\worgenfemale_emotesniff_01.ogg
If that's poorly explained, don't worry. Someone will make the "addon" to mute all those sounds if the constant yelling makes it to the release version (it just won't go in the addon directory).
But you've added an extra sub-folder: "worgenfemale". How does one know what to name that subfolder?
For example, I'd like to mute both my Mage's Water Elemental the constant dribbling water makes me want to pee!) and the smaller Water Waveling battlepet.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

When you find out the soundfile's name, it will have the full path (all the directory/folder names), including a directory for the race/gender combination. And there may be more than one soundfile for each annoying thing you want to remove. I think there's 3 sniff sound files for each gender of worgen. And based off of Albain's report, there are probably more than one sound file for yells, at least for draenei female.

The time consuming part is to figure out the file name (including the path) for your sounds. There are lists of sound files (including the /script PlaySoundFile(...) commands) on various fansites, but those may not be up to date or complete. But if you have the /script command, you can test it in game to see if it sound matches the one you want to mute.
IIRC, WowModelViewer has a way to go through the sounds, but I don't remember how convenient it is to use. If you use wowhead to look up sounds, it only gives the filename, not the whole path. For example, the water elemental has a sound file called "WaterElementalLoop". When you google "waterelementalloop playsoundfile", you find a page with /script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Creature/WaterElemental/WaterElementalLoop.ogg"). If you don't find the path to your sound file that way, you can search in WMV and it will show the path in the directory tree. Like I said, time consuming.

When you mute a sound, that sound will stay muted, no matter the source. The mage's water elemental and the minipet would both be muted, as well as all other water elementals or anything else that uses that sound. So if the BM yelling shares sounds from voice emotes, then those emotes would be muted as well.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

The hard part right now is the sounds, and their paths, are proving to be elusive to actually find. Without the exact path and exact file name it can't be muted. The yells however are NOT shared with the usual combat sounds/crits/roars and so on, some of them don't even sound like they match the species/sex picked.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I hope everyone on the Beta honestly suggests that there be an option to turn off "yells". We used to have an option to turn on/off Death Knight voices. If one class could get special treatment like that, then I see no reason Blizzard can't do the same for Hunters' Yelling if they're going to force us to scream like a maniac @_@

Otherwise I hope someone does make an actual addon. I understand what everyone else has said about sound files and whatnot above me, but I do not trust myself at all to dig through the game's folders to silence myself. I just know I'll break something.

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

lol i only have 2 worgen female hunters, no sound woo XD