I didn't need my heart today anyway (SPOILERS)

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: I didn't need my heart today anyway (SPOILERS)

Unread post by Kaellan »

This is a big spoiler, I know it says it in the title but thought it should be stated again anyway:P

The thing that got me..it wasn't the supposed death of Varian but it was the death of Tiron. I've always viewed him as one of the heroes of Azeroth. I just hope he doesn't end up as a dungeon boss somewhere down the line.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As far as I am aware, he is dead. Ret Pallies save his soul during their artifact acquisition quest line. He is then laid to rest in Light's Hope.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

The thing is, MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD, as far as I gathered from the beta videos on wowhead and mmo champ, Velen will also leave pretty soon, he ordered the master artificer to restore the exodar and all draenei to prepare to return to Argus ( Kil'jaeden played a really nasty trick on Velen by raising his own. thought lost forever, son and preparing him for the sole purpose of killing his father, now Velen is on the warpath )

So there are LOTS of Faction leaders passing the torch in one way or another... although by now the end result of the expansion is kind of clear at this point I would say, Illidan ( as the prophesized child of light and darkness sought out by the Naaru to stop the Burning Legion, yea that's from the ending of the "Velen and son" quest ) will unite the classes of the Alliance and Horde into the army of light, final patch of the expack we take back Argus from the demonic Eredar, the legion is in disarray (Kil'jaeden dead and the spirit of Sargeras uttering ominous curses ) and probably at this point some heroic new figures will pave the way for subraces such as a rogue group of eredar joining the draenai (red eredar subrace), a new troll hero uniting all the trolls to join the Horde ( revantusk will be forest troll subrace, may also get defecting zandalari and frost trolls, sand trolls are unlikely ), new skin options for dark iron and tattooed wildhammer dwarves and earthen all united under the new crystal Magni. Maghar orcs rally with their bretheren for helping them on alternate Draenor and seek honor and glory and redemption.
Backstory for these new subraces is simple, since the expansions are tied to each other now ( at least blizzard said they would try to tie them together ) the naga that were actively trying to secure a pillar of creation succeed in doing so while the heroes of azeroth are fighting the legion on Argus, (next expansion starts here ) they use it to boost the power of Azshara who tries to take over the surface world, she attacks what's left of the island of Zandalar and tries to flood the continents, this puts her at odds with the trolls and the earthen/dwarves. Possibly we also get a new race ( naga and ogres, still hoping that the barrens raptors get mutated by druids and we get sentient raptors as a race for the horde :D ), certainly new race class combos: draenai /eredar warlock and troll paladin (zandalari freethinker, google it ) maybe even blood elf druids :D
Also Azshara gets her but kicked and tries to release N'zoth, Hakkar the Soulflayer will likely help the new troll alliance cause that would be awesome, and druids finally get snake and dino forms, and DK eyes can change color to green and red at choice, also other races can now use tattoos since the DH class got milked good by this point

P.S. I really should stop writing stuff at this hour :)))))))))))))))
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Quite a bit of speculation there :)
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah I heard about Velen. Kid gloves are off. Kil'Jaeden's gonna get an ass whoopin. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I've played through that questline in Beta. Quite interesting :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm excited to see it cause we never see Velen ticked off about anything.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Still waters run deep, as they say.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

True that.....and the quieter ones are usually the ones you dont wanna make angry.

LisaaraPokefarm

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Junrei wrote:Yeah I heard about Velen. Kid gloves are off. Kil'Jaeden's gonna get an ass whoopin. XD
*snerk*

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I saw the video of the Velen and son quest. The first thing that popped into my mind was, "Why don't I just pop over to alternate SMV and get k'ara-velen to call up alternate O'ros to use this shard? Maybe it contains the knowledge of how to land without crashing."
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

From what I understand AU Draenor exists within a pocket dimension. Outside the planet and its moons, there isn't anything else, such as an AU Azeroth. So there probably isn't am AU O'ros.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I hope that's true, I never liked the possibility of a whole other AU for AU Draenor, which is what it sometimes seems like the lore writers were going for. Draenor being in kind of a "plural space" (a la Hitchhikers' Guide) bubble would avoid nasty plotholes like that.

Still, someone needs to teach the Naaru how to land a ship, they're 1 for 3 so far, and the success was when they "landed" at an empty spot off of Netherstorm. It's like they're from a gas giant and don't understand what the ground is.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There have been a few times where Blizz has confirmed that AU Draenor is by itself. There isn't any AU Azeroth or anything like that we have to worry about. :)

As for the crash landings, both times can be contributed to things outside the Naaru's control. Around the time the Genedar crashed, K'ure was falling ill and, him being the only one whom could control the ship, prevented him from performing a good landing. And with the Exodar, the Blood Elves and Sironas sabotaged the dimensional engines so that when the Draenei activated them, they were sent hurling through the Twisting Nether.