Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

Unread post by Wain »

I'm sure they're all aware of the degree of complaints about BM, since it's been the same feedback everywhere, and by high profile players too. But he's not a class designer, or at least wasn't last time I checked, and so I really doubt he could comment on that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:I'm sure they're all aware of the degree of complaints about BM, since it's been the same feedback everywhere, and by high profile players too.
This part intrigues me. If the BM changes are so widely disliked (I wasn't sure if our forums were more of an echo chamber), then it makes me wonder what they think about it. We seemed to have reached the point of no return, so are we just stuck with this? Or maybe if they had a larger pool of testers during the design phase (and abolish the silly small exclusive elite invites they've been doing) this would have been realized with enough voices and time to make meaningful change. Or perhaps they are so set on their design direction for BM that they think their design is better than player complaints. It is their game I guess. I've always been curious how they approach this internally. I guess we will see if we have a mass exodus from BM.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

I found level 100 versions of the new Arcane Wyrm model in the old world, seemingly using the silver variant, in a new "Abandoned Kirin Tor Camp" in Deadwind Pass. They are however currently not tameable.

Excited Mana Scavenger, ID 107682
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_062316_020752.jpg
WoWScrnShot_062316_020752.jpg (412.39 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The camp's not new. The fact there's something *there* is new, though. Are all the skins the same color? Because we already have the silver skin available. It might be worth suggesting they be changed to one of the unavailable skins and made tameable.

The fact they're level 100 is *really* interesting to me.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That camp is old, but the mobs are there for the Frost Mage questline. Nothing special, but still good to keep an eye out :)
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Huh, never seen the camp on live so I figured it was new. Still, new potential pre-patch tames if they change their flag to be tamed!
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:Usually the corehound has a regular skin and a corresponding glow skin, which are multitextured. In the case of Gomegaz it doesn't look to me like a combo of green base with orange glow or vice versa, at least not from what I've tried. That's my guess so far, anyway.
I think you may have nailed it Wayne....

If you look closer at it, have a look under the shoulder armour, it's bright FEL green. I might be a part that is not effected by the glow. Even the chin horns look a little green too.

Looks like it uses the Fel Green model, and the Oranges glow effect if I had to guess :)
Attachments
Go.jpg
Go.jpg (51.63 KiB) Viewed 3154 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Melissa wrote:I found level 100 versions of the new Arcane Wyrm model in the old world, seemingly using the silver variant, in a new "Abandoned Kirin Tor Camp" in Deadwind Pass. They are however currently not tameable.

Excited Mana Scavenger, ID 107682
Nice find. But my gods, do they have to use the same freaking colour everywhere? :/ That remains the only colour of the new model that is (known to be) available, and it really is used in every possible situation. The only other colour I can find is in The Arcway, and it was untameable last I checked, but haven't been back since they made the dungeon Mythic-only.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually, is anyone able to run Mythic Dungeons? I'm not sure what is required gear-wise. The Mana Wyrms in the Arcway should be the dark purple colour. Maybe they're tameable now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote:
I think you may have nailed it Wayne....

If you look closer at it, have a look under the shoulder armour, it's bright FEL green. I might be a part that is not effected by the glow. Even the chin horns look a little green too.

Looks like it uses the Fel Green model, and the Oranges glow effect if I had to guess :)
It seems to match better if the "glow effect" texture slot is actually filled with the orange body skin, not glow. But it's hard to be sure since WMV doesn't handle multitexturing and I'm faking it by combining the textures manually, so it won't be exactly the same. I have to do the same thing for the spiky crabs.

One strange thing is this green patch on its leg:

When I combine the skins I don't see this, but then that's only an approximation of what is happening in the game. I suspect what we're seeing is that the glow texture isn't applied to that one section of the model, by mistake. Normally it wouldn't be obvious (orange on orange, or green on green) and had probably slipped the attention of the artist who created it :)
Attachments
YellowCHLegs.jpg
YellowCHLegs.jpg (180.66 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Incidentally, I just updated Petopia to include all (I hope) the looks it was previously missing and updated the OP here so that all the links to the looks pages should now work.

What's still missing are the actual new pet data, so most of the new looks pages currently have little more than a picture, but those data will go in next.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

Sorry if this has been answered before but I noticed that there are different colors of Thok. can you get him in those colors aswell or once you tame him it goes right back to black?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I answered it back when first discovered. Sadly, he reverts back to black, no matter what color he is at :(
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

I apologize if I seem agitated... but can we get a note on the Mechanical Scorpids that the parts can only be got on Normal and up, and not on LFR? Spent 3 days getting someone to help with the first boss of the area (cause it takes two to use the cannons), got someone, and went to loot the Juggernaut and nothing dropped... It just seems stupid to me that I can tame Thok on LFR, but I need to be on normal, AND find another person (people are more willing to scream at each other in chat rather than help for 5 mins) to get the parts for this pet.

There's nothing wrong with jumping through hoops, but first they gate this hunter pet with a 2 person boss, then they force you to do it on normal raid for little to no sound reasoning.

Omg... and something else I just figured out... you can que for Raid Finder in the Seat of Knowledge... but you have to work your way through it on normal because you cannot que for the specific sections? Why... why why why..... Far more difficult than it should be.....
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, it only drops Normal+. And though I don't know for sure why it is that way instead of LFR, it might be because of how the looting works in LFR compared to Normal+. In LFR, you're automatically given loot, whereas you aren't in Normal. You actually have to loot the boss.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Acadion wrote:I apologize if I seem agitated... but can we get a note on the Mechanical Scorpids that the parts can only be got on Normal and up, and not on LFR? Spent 3 days getting someone to help with the first boss of the area (cause it takes two to use the cannons), got someone, and went to loot the Juggernaut and nothing dropped... It just seems stupid to me that I can tame Thok on LFR, but I need to be on normal, AND find another person (people are more willing to scream at each other in chat rather than help for 5 mins) to get the parts for this pet.

There's nothing wrong with jumping through hoops, but first they gate this hunter pet with a 2 person boss, then they force you to do it on normal raid for little to no sound reasoning.

Omg... and something else I just figured out... you can que for Raid Finder in the Seat of Knowledge... but you have to work your way through it on normal because you cannot que for the specific sections? Why... why why why..... Far more difficult than it should be.....
Thanks. I'll add that. I must have missed that detail. Sorry you spent so long farming :/
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Seaspray Crab in the Eye of Azshara (Outdoor area) is tamable.

Update: The Cove Seagull and the Wandering Shellback are also tamable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:The Seaspray Crab in the Eye of Azshara (Outdoor area) is tamable.

Update: The Cove Seagull and the Wandering Shellback are also tamable.
Thanks.
Sorry I have most of these already flagged but I've got such a huge stockpile of changes to make to the page I haven't been able to get them done. I'm currently trying to prepare the live site for Legion. I'll try to get them done asap :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Here's things that are now tameable that I need to correct in the OP here. This is a quick copy/paste:
99598 basilisk Axetail Basilisk Matriarch
103808 basilisk Managazer
97030 basilisk Leygazer
100841 basilisk Spinesever
107914 basilisk Stonefang
97449 bear Bristlemaul
97124 birdofprey Spitefeather (currently classed as Beetle! This has been reported)
103841 birdofprey Shadowquill
111404 birdofprey Salty Seagull
111643 birdofprey Cove Seagull
100846 boar Leytusk
92117 carrionbird Gorebeak
110562 cat Bahagar
111647 crab Seaspray Crab
107846 crab Pinchshank
110824 crab Tideclaw
113190 crocolisk Meredil Thrashmaw
113126 crocolisk Meredil Lockjaw
113185 fox Mana-Infused Bushtail
111487 fox Bloodthirsty Fox
113184 fox Cunning Bushtail
89653 hydra Gangamesh
108535 hydra Marsh Hydra
104404 manasaber Thicket Manahunter
107552 mechanical War-Iron Axebeak
101110 netherray Warp Ray
113122 porcupine Suramar Cliffquill
113123 porcupine Leytouched Cliffquill
113417 spider Swarming Spiderling
107487 stag Starbuck
113205 stag Leyscarred Stag
111633 turtle Wandering Shellback
110838 turtle Timeworn Greatshell
112802 turtle Mar'tura
104226 wolf Gloomfang
92600 wolf Bloodstalker
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Leytouched Cliffquill... is this a new porcupine model? The name indicates it should have some kind of purple zappy mana effect like other leytouched pets. If not... think it might get changed?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket