plan your Legion stables

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

plan your Legion stables

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

As the pre-patch is imminent, I'll start our traditional thread on stable planning for the next expansion.

You're welcome to make your own grid, but Vephriel made us a 55-slot grid here.

Edited to add explanation of how to use the grid:
Rhyela wrote:There's a link in the first post that directs you to a blank grid that Veph made. Save that to your PC, then open it in something like Paint. Then, you can right-click the small thumbnail images on Petopia and copy, then paste to the blank grid. Move them as you see fit
Last edited by GormanGhaste on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: plan your Legion stables

I'm most excited this time around to plan my new gnome hunter's stable:
The top rows are tames I'm planning for early on, and the rest will be when she is higher level. I'm not going to name them ahead of time, but I do plan on giving them obnoxious names like:
Bubbles, Fluffenheim, Huggalump, Schmoopsie, Sweetiekins, Winkydink
--we'll have to see if I can make myself go through with it :)
Attachments
NannieSlagg.jpg
NannieSlagg.jpg (408.14 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

My selection is fairly small this expansion. I'll be taming many of these while releasing many of my current tames (like my current stag for new moose, old devilsaur for Thok). So I still have a good amount of space in case anything else shiny and new comes up over time XD

If they let us tame a rocket chicken, I will add that ASAP!
Attachments
pets.png
pets.png (86.39 KiB) Viewed 4382 times

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

With the removal of (most) pet family abilities, a lot of the pets I currently have can be released back into the wild as I no longer feel obligated to have access to at least one of each family, and can mostly choose my set-up based on personal aesthetic preferences, HOORAY! The few I have left that don't fit my preferences are mostly ones whose utility is too good (nether ray) or whose look would be annoying to pick back up (chimaera).

The first four slots are my "mainstay" pets that I almost always run with, swapping out the fifth slot with a tanking pet or exotic pet or an extra utility pet as needed (or just a different look if I'm feeling adventurous or have a weird transmog to coordinate with). I'm not actually sure if I'm going to run with a full five slots once all my planned tames are done, because I haven't tested the Dire Beast glyph enough to know if it can call the pets in your active roster as well as the ones in your "pet bank." If it only does the ones that you don't have on you, I may only run one or two non-utility pets so I can see my favourites more often. The first 22 are ones I already have tamed; the next eight are ones I still have to pick up. Sian-Rotam just does not want to spawn, but the blue riverbeast and purple sporebat shouldn't be much of a problem once I'm done sitting in Winterspring (or give up and level something into the barrens on my CRZ and self-spawn Echeyakee again). I may or may not have the bear; I forget what bear my current bear is so it's probably just easier to retame a bear I know will get the new look.

Twelve glorious extra spots to fill with additional sporebats or cats or talbuks or a yak or shoveltusk or whatever I want, mmmmmmmmmm <3

I'm only picking up two new exotics (and have replaced a couple since 5.3 when my photoshop file with this template was made lol), and the blue mana saber may not stick around—I saw a hunter in Trueshot Lodge with Hati mogged to what I'm pretty sure was the blue skin and it was gorgeous with the lightning effect that Hati keeps through the mog, but I'll never use it as an actual pet (Tadassana/Skoll is my go-to Spirit Beast, Samirya/Gara swaps in occasionally, and I picked up Kanassa/Karoma to fill in for my dustwallow wolf in case I wanted/needed SB buffs but also wanted Kanassa around) so once Hati's mogged I may let it go again. Then again, I'm not actually hurting for space AND I haven't seen what Hati looks like as a sporebat yet, so plans may change in that department.

Don't really have plans to pick up any of the mechanicals; the mechanical chicken and rab-bot are tempting but both my engineers on Korgath are also tailors, which means my Blood of Sargeras are probably going to have a more important home first, plus they're not THAT tempting. I'll probably pick the thing up later in the expansion unless a guildie's giving them away or something, but it's not a priority by any stretch.
Last edited by Xella on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Ooh, I've been fiddling around with these ever since we started finding out what was in and what wasn't. I'll only post the max level hunters for now! The new pets might be lost amongst the older ones, because of the amount of changes I've had to make over the months. :)

New pets for my Pandaren are the mana saber, purple boar and the yellow/pink mechanostrider.

My Dwarf will add a red shoveltusk and a mechanical scorpid to her stables.

The Orc will tame a mushan, a shoveltusk and two wolves (one WoD model with new colours and a Legion model).

A mushan, basilisk and mechanical scorpid will be joining my Goblin.

New Night Elf buddies will be a musken, mushan, kitty and a moose.

The Blood Elf will tame one of those amazing new owls, a cat and a sandreaver!

Bonus: Gnome's planned stables. Filled with mechanicals and some others that I'd planned to give a Gnome over the years.

Edit: Added neater pictures and names!
Attachments
Biyu1.png
Biyu1.png (481.4 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Eadgyth1.png
Eadgyth1.png (390.35 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Garshanga1.png
Garshanga1.png (408.1 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Gnome1.png
Gnome1.png (315.8 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Lazuli1.png
Lazuli1.png (420.49 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Lindorindel1.png
Lindorindel1.png (429.66 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Rasariel1.png
Rasariel1.png (379.45 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Last edited by Mozag on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Dire Stable glyph does summon pets both from your active roster and from the stables :)
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Ooh, that solves that dilemma then!
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Here is what I have planned so far for my main hunter-I may change it up some here and there-the mechanical squirrel and rabbit are both very, very tempting.

The ones without names I've not decided on a name yet yet. The first ten are the new tames that I will be doing in pre-patch/legion, everything else are ones that I already have that I am keeping. I am keeping most of my current pets, only really have space for ten new ones at the moment-though Kindness the gem owl might get replaced by one of the warden owls once I get to see them in action. Indyana might also get replaced by one of the eagles. My bear-Knight, is currently set to keep his old skin (I went back and retamed the rare that is staying in the old skin)-but I am starting to like the newer bears some. I will have to get some time in with one to see which I prefer in the long run. And the unnamed crab in my stable at the moment is one I am playing with out of curiosity-not sure if he will stay yet or not.

For my secondary hunter-my horde toon-I don't have much planned except to get her the mechanical rabbit.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Neiara:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alexandria:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Lupen202 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

elrot
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by elrot »

My tauren:

My gnome:

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I've been struggling with deciding what spec my main will be in legion. SV looks like a lot of fun, but I've always been BM. I don't mind losing exotics in theory, but I would miss the utility. I could deal with that, but...silithid. Just don't think I can go an expansion without silithid, especially now that we have the sandreaver model. So probably BM, but I will definitely try to develop SV as a secondary spec.

Also, I am...annoyed at mechanicals being added. So many people like them, so I'm happy for them, but I don't really want to have anything to do with them. Deciding not to tame mechs has freed me to release pets from other families that I don't think are hunter-y, or even just not families that interest me.

So all of this, plus loss of many pet abilities--I'm releasing a *lot* of pets. I'll have a dozen slots to play with, even after taming all the new ones I want:
The new looks I'm getting are: yak, thunder lizard, basilisk, sandreaver, doe, wolf.

My naming theme this time around is...Roman legions names. Kind of silly, but I think I can make it work!
Attachments
mingyao legion.jpg
mingyao legion.jpg (192.35 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

GormanGhaste - I LOVE how in the middle of all that brown is that adorable, pink moth! Really enjoying looking at everyone's plans, thanks for making the topic. Wish we could see more posts by others!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Mozag wrote:GormanGhaste - I LOVE how in the middle of all that brown is that adorable, pink moth! Really enjoying looking at everyone's plans, thanks for making the topic. Wish we could see more posts by others!
Every stable should have at least a spot of color! :) I tamed Luna because she's a talker, but I've grown quite fond of her. I usually have her in my active slots. In Legion, do you think she should be an Augusta, Claudia, or Julia?

I really enjoy looking at everyone else's stables too, and learning their thoughts on them. I see your pandaren and my gnome have similar tastes--I'll have to refer back to your stable when she's higher level and can tame more.
Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Oh I think Julia is definitely the talker from those three. Augusta is more regal and serious, Claudia I see as a sly schemer. So I'd pick Julia!

And yes, my Panda is very fond of pinks (even though they clash so badly with her red fur) and happy hippy names. I actually don't like pink much myself, but I love collecting for her stable. I hope something there inspires your Gnome (love the dessert names idea by the way!)
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I only have one hunter, and she don't have one particular theme for her stable (Except that she like cats, I guess ?) Stable are kind of divised between the roleplay pets, and the ones that I personnally liked.
Ohtar, Siame, Ruin, Faroth and Trekk are roleplay pets. Ohtar was with her for all of her toon life, until he died of old age in Pandaria. (I wanted to change her permanent pet). I will keep him in the stables because feeling, and he will be remplaced by one of the Nightsaber, not sure of which one yet. I need to find a way to add Ashmanaille in roleplay, but in the same time... I won't play BM in Legion, so it's not that important.Lenore could be useful in roleplay.
Orgueil and Préjugé stay because I love their name ( Pride and Prejudice, in english) I have not-roleplay history with Bébé d'Amour, Charon, Léthé and some others so they probably stay.
I don't think I will keep the foxes. I never use them. Armistice will probably stay, she's useful as a tank. Diplomatie, Embargo and Pourparler are mostly here for the joke, same as Béatrice, so I'm not sure.
A lot of them will stay because, as profession (roleplay wise), she's a trainer. She help other hunters, Stablemasters, flightmaster and all for a living until Legion. (She will be back as a mercenary for the extension.) She will find her new companion on the Broken Isles (so, a nightsaber, will be named Almandaragal) and tame one of the owls too. Moose and doe are for me. (Well, the moose may serve as mount if we have Reputation mounts mooses)
(I want a Saberhorn.)
(I really really want a Saberhorn.)
(I would have called her Radhanan.)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Rows 1 and 2 are my super-ultra-favorite pets right now.
Row 1: Tetsusaiga, Apollyon, Shikon, Naphtali, Vulkoor, Lannister, Reaper
Row 2:: Grimjaw, Leggo, Sounga, Dirge, Nemo, Dozer, Strawberry

Rows 3-6 are pets that I like but don't use very often. I've tried to release some but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger, so they stay and collect dust.
Row 3: Poobah, Sheldon, Xaphan, Kybele, Celeborn (to be re-named Tenseiga), Piandao, Skaza
Row 4: Rhytil, Ysuran, Rimebane, Shags, Phoenix, Oscar, Khamen
Row 5: Abaddon, Trixie, Beauty, Martin, Ransom, Shiranui, Rainey (to perhaps be re-named Porkchop)
Row 6: Kip

Rows 7 and 8 are a mix of re-tames and things that I'd like to try, hence the duplicate families in some cases: Surge (re-tame), couple of wolves I'd like to try, neat basilisk (fave color from pics, might change mind after seeing in person), some boars because I feel like I need at least one, one of them there newfangled kitties that might replace Sounga, and a mana serpent to replace one of those long coiled ones that I used to have.

After all of this, I still have 10 empty slots, so I still have space for those tames that you don't expect but happen to stumble upon. :)

And unlike many of you (with such pretty stables!), my stables are utterly themeless. My favorite color's green, but even then I have a ton of non-green pets. Even my pets' names are whatever happen to pop into my head. Sometimes they're serious, sometimes they're silly. Maybe one of these days I'll make an alt hunter with themed pets, but not Rhyela.

Edited: Egad! I forgot one of my favorite pets! Fixed!
Attachments
grid2.png
grid2.png (626.54 KiB) Viewed 4378 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

How do you guys get the pets on that grid thing?
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

There's a link in the first post that directs you to a blank grid that Veph made. Save that to your PC, then open it in something like Paint. Then, you can right-click the small thumbnail images on Petopia and copy, then paste to the blank grid. Move them as you see fit, and voila! :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
BSA101
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by BSA101 »

Devilsaur gets replaced with Thok.
Crow get replaced with a Legion Eagle.
Other replacement pets probably some Legion families.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Rhyela wrote:There's a link in the first post that directs you to a blank grid that Veph made. Save that to your PC, then open it in something like Paint. Then, you can right-click the small thumbnail images on Petopia and copy, then paste to the blank grid. Move them as you see fit, and voila! :)
Thank you for the answer