Last And First Thing On Pre-Patch Day Plans?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Last And First Thing On Pre-Patch Day Plans?

Unread post by Rikaku »

Nachtwulf wrote:SOOOOOOON. There's a Patch Is Coming alert on the official forums so I'm betting it drops next week.

...And apparently there's a shizbucket of stuff to farm, like a pet, weapons, mog gear...

Thankfully we've got a month and a half to do it...

Actually, you won't have a month and a half to farm all the stuff, that's the crazy part (because even I think that's a lot of stuff to farm, especially for someone who has a lot of alts too). @_@ While I think the patch is gonna drop on the 19th (or at least in July), the Invasions themselves (which are the source of the pet, weapon and gear) won't begin until August.

According to the post today:
Around the second or third week of August (no later than August 17 globally), after you’ve had time to play around with the patch and get a feel for the changes, some angry invaders are going to start dropping out of the skies over Azeroth.
From here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201756 ... -7-13-2016

So you'll only be getting around 2-3 weeks to farm for the Invasion rewards, since they've announced it's coming in August and not specifically at launch of pre-patch.

Which makes sense, because that same time-frame was also slated for when the 'Demon Hunter Early Access' would begin according to their previous post. Additionally because some of the rewards in the invasions include Warglaives which are the weapon for Demon Hunters.

So when the invasions arrive, Demon Hunters will arrive with them. And then all hell breaks loose as people decide between leveling a Demon Hunter, farming for their main, and farming for their alts cause omg-transmog.

It's going to be a busy summer @_@

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Bags cleaned out, bank space made, would reserve a name for my DH's but by the time I delete the toons with those name and actually create and assign those names knowing my luck the names would still get snatched up, and getting Bjarn for my hunters that use the polar bear models. Brawl'gar will probably get completed when it gets put back in because everyone's trying to complete it. XD
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Arwyn wrote:Bags cleaned out, bank space made, would reserve a name for my DH's but by the time I delete the toons with those name and actually create and assign those names knowing my luck the names would still get snatched up, and getting Bjarn for my hunters that use the polar bear models. Brawl'gar will probably get completed when it gets put back in because everyone's trying to complete it. XD
I'm not 100% certain, but I think names are reserved to your Battle.net account for 30 days after you delete a character. In 2012, that's how it worked anyways. And if an account is dormant for 2 expansions, the names become unlocked.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I made sure to unload all my Champion's Honor since they become a 25g vendor trash item.
Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders (Alliance), Perenolde (Horde)

Unread post by Evandelle »

So glad this is finally coming on Tuesday! :D

Last thing before pre-patch, will be me getting on all my characters and finishing any gold garrison missions for that last little bit and parking them in front of their banks. Not sure if Garrisons will be full of lag too, but I figure it's a good place to put them all to sort through their talents and bags for transmog and toys.

First thing on patch day, will be logging on all characters across all realms to try to get any transmogs they either have equipped or in their bags or bank. Selling everything I can then get rid of. (Like my full void storage on a few characters) Also, equipping any and all toys. Especially all the ones that I had in my engineer's bags, like MOLL-E or the Blingtrons. Then I'll be arranging all their talents and their action bars to get back to normal. After that, I'll be arranging each of my max level character's transmogs in order, saving them and then finally going into Stormwind and Orgrimmar to apply each of those transmog sets. Finally I'll have to visit the transmogger on all the other characters to remove their helms and/or cloaks. Hate that that isn't in the interface/display setting anymore, but ah well, what can you do? Finally, I'll save a name for my DH, which will hopefully not be taken on my two main servers (Alliance & Horde) then create my gnome huntress! :D

Then, I'll probably go back to messing around on Beta and wait for the invasions/broken shore questline to start. :P
Many thank you's to Siliverin for the best siggy ever, and also hugs and love to kamoodle5 for my most amazazing avatar. <3
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Xota wrote:
Arwyn wrote:Bags cleaned out, bank space made, would reserve a name for my DH's but by the time I delete the toons with those name and actually create and assign those names knowing my luck the names would still get snatched up, and getting Bjarn for my hunters that use the polar bear models. Brawl'gar will probably get completed when it gets put back in because everyone's trying to complete it. XD
I'm not 100% certain, but I think names are reserved to your Battle.net account for 30 days after you delete a character. In 2012, that's how it worked anyways. And if an account is dormant for 2 expansions, the names become unlocked.
Then I'll give it a shot. But if push comes to shove I'll just get creative with the spelling.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Rikaku wrote: So when the invasions arrive, Demon Hunters will arrive with them. And then all hell breaks loose as people decide between leveling a Demon Hunter, farming for their main, and farming for their alts cause omg-transmog.

It's going to be a busy summer @_@
On the plus side, the 'OMG transmog' looks like it's mostly either BoE weapons, or BoA armor sets (and the set is labeled 'cloth armor', 'mail armor', 'leather armor', and 'plate armor').

So I suspect that while you'll be uber-busy doing so, you *should* have enough time to get everything that you want and only have to farm it with one character.

I could be wrong re: the weapons, as I've seen pictures of both BoE and BoP, and I don't know how rare they are or which they are, soooooo.....
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I THINK they 'nerfed' transmog so you can only learn gear 'appropriate for your class' to the mog system, so a warrior can't loot cloth, equip it, and learn it for your mage alt. Because they didn't want warriors to be the be-all end-all for farming mog sets, I guess.
(I don't know why it matters, except possibly to that tiny percentage of the population that hates warriors with the fury of a thousand suns and thus refuse to roll any...)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It annoys me that the cloth and leather I have on plate-wearers can't be loaded, but I have two clothies on WRA that legit have full banks AND full void storage (yes both tabs) and you better believe I am gonna go through every character I own like a bad wind.

Maybe I'll have enough gold to buy the damn yak so I can mog on the fly.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Nachtwulf wrote:I THINK they 'nerfed' transmog so you can only learn gear 'appropriate for your class' to the mog system, so a warrior can't loot cloth, equip it, and learn it for your mage alt. Because they didn't want warriors to be the be-all end-all for farming mog sets, I guess.
(I don't know why it matters, except possibly to that tiny percentage of the population that hates warriors with the fury of a thousand suns and thus refuse to roll any...)
It's been that way for quite awhile. I think I even remember Blizz mentioning that at Blizzcon or a Q and A shortly afterwards. Could be so people don't feel compelled to have a warrior to get the most out of Xmog hunting, or it could be that they don't want people just needing on anything they can put on.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Ironically, warriors are still the best for weapon mog runs. They can equip everything except wands.
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

If you're gonna get your Smuggled Sacks of Gold before they disappear (and are replaced with something much less worthwhile), talk to the Trader (NOT THE SHA'TARI/LAUGHING SKULL GUY, THE TRADER) at the Trading Post in the Garrison (if you have one) and do this macro:

/run for i=1,16 do BuyMerchantItem(27,1) end
/run CloseMerchant()
/run for i=1,16 do UseContainerItem(0,i) end

Click it once, wait until the items are bought, click again. Then open the Merchant. Rinse, repeat.

Make sure your Backpack (the 16-slot one) is empty.

...this macro courtesy of someone on the WoW forums.
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

oh god thank you for the macro

imma get carpal tunnel otherwise

Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders (Alliance), Perenolde (Horde)

Unread post by Evandelle »

Ooh I didn't even think about those smuggled sacks of coins, that is such a good point! Yay for some extra money! Going to need all I can get as I save up for that yak. How expensive is it again?
Many thank you's to Siliverin for the best siggy ever, and also hugs and love to kamoodle5 for my most amazazing avatar. <3
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yak is 150k.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Nachtwulf wrote:Yak is 150k.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The macro hitches when I try to use it. My lat must be too low, heh, it tangles on itself. Still, as much as does run certainly still helps so no real harm done.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I've been using a similar macro for a while now when I don't want to fool with the AH.

That being said, why are they removing this? I know the gold missions are awarding resources now but this seems small even compared to that. I think I average about 22g a pop, so 50 resources = 22g isn't much to me. Plus the resource price of the other items skyrocketted, being like 20 per instead of the 4-8 per.

Sad day. Guess I'll be dumping all my resources tonight.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Illidan was right; I am not prepared.

I took some time off the game for most of WoD and have realized in the past few weeks exactly how much I don't have done that I wish I did. Like, I collect minipets and just found out yesterday that there's this one called a Deathwatch Hatchling, that's from a guild achievement that neither guild I'm in, quite unsurprisingly, has. So, I spent the entire day leveling in alt in a guild that has said achievement, and thus pet, to get enough guild rep to get the pet which is most likely being removed. I'm not sure if it will be removed in the patch or when Legion comes, but word has it that it will. So. I have the pet now. Yay. But I should have been leveling my baby Tauren to at least 33 so I could finally rescue a dying kodo from Desolace on Tuesday when those become tameable. Or maybe I should have been farming polearms to transmog. Or...or...or.... Yeah. I'm not ready.

But most of my frantic panicking will be done today, since once the patch comes, most of what I'm frantic about all.....goes....POOF.

So, I guess I don't have much planned for the actual patch day itself. There's not much left to do that I have the time to do. So, my plans probably will be to hang around moping and poking things with a sharp stick while mourning my spirit beasts and hunterdom in general.

But for today, here at the end of all things...I'll put my spirit beasts and other exotics away, switch my active spec to survival, and hope for the best. Everything is in order that can be. There are probably things going poof that I don't even know about but will wish I did, but there's nothing to be done for that now.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I think they're removing the smuggled sacks because even that small amount of gold would make some people feel obligated to continue to collect their garrison cache, run GR-rewarding missions, and trade them in. I average closer to 16g/50 resources but even that's nearly 100g for one of the 300-resource missions. All the gold missions are being converted into resource missions as well (or removed outright, I think it's like half and half), so that's still a fair amount of income for very little effort.

You could argue that leaving the trade goods and such in works the same way, but it's not OBVIOUS gold and requires more effort (to make items or sell the mats on the AH), so it ends up being more like the farm from Halfhill in MoP—it CAN be lucrative, especially if you're planting Motes of Harmony (since those are still worth a fair amount to some people, dropped a bit in price when they removed the ability to buy crated archaeology artifacts with them, but will likely boom at least a little bit after the patch for the crafted gear that can use them or the mats to make other crafted stuff), but it takes a lot more time and effort and even most "goblins" don't feel the investment is worth it in the long run.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.