Issues with 7.0.0?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Issues with 7.0.0?

Unread post by Takanuka »

Anyone else ever since they downloaded the pre-patch ahead of time have you guys had issues like I am having?
1.) Random disconnecting from the game?
2.) Random freezing most prominent in cities where you dismount your mount and you are flying as the character itself?
3.) Seems like its effecting the entire computer messing up the connection where anything spikes up to unplayable lag or disconnections?

Any way to solve this please?

Brand newly built computer from scratch too idk why it's bugging out like this when the ptr wasn't like this when I played it on my laptop that isn't as powerful as this computer.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Issues with 7.0.0?

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I have been disconnected a few times, but nothing extreme. Maybe twice in the past week.

I have had moments where the game freezes for a second at a time though. Fps just drops to 1 then is fine a second later.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I've had that issue as well, ever since I got into the beta actually. I thought it was my computer, and was actually currently trying to address the issue. But until I saw this post, I hadn't realized that the issue literally only began when I installed and played the beta. My computer never did this before o_O

Huh, well now I'm really curious.

Yeah, I've had normal lag sort of issues where the game freezes for a second or two. But these last few instances have been much more severe. When I played the beta, I thought it was "just beta stability" issues or even my old computer. But it doesn't do it on WoW live or any other game I've played on my PC. Just beta and PTR with 7.0.0+ versions.

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

This affecting other games like League of Legends I play so it seems like it is affecting the entire computer making it seem like its downloading something heavy still when it isn't. Spike from 55 ms to 150000 ms and disconnect so some error in this patch is affecting the entirety of the computer so any ideas how to fix this?
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

They need to fix this now. Blizzard I know you watch these websites find out about this bug and fix it already!
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I noticed way more lag after downloading the pre-patch already. But I also noticed A LOT of the WoD LFR raids bug out and bad. Like not even able to progress bugging out. Everyone had to leave. This happened multiple times in different raids so it's not any one raid it's happening with.
Nothing like waiting 40-50 minutes for The Black Gate only to have it bug out to where we cannot progress and have to wait AGAIN for it to pop.
Submitted a bug report and ticket because it happened so much.

Knowing Blizzard they'll blame my internet connection, addons blah blah blah. :roll: Everything but their patch.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Apparently Thok is currently not tamable because he doesn't leave his cage? Can't test it myself because no one will go into SoO for some reason... but that's what I've been told? I suspect that the hunter that told me was lying... but I don't know.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Acadion wrote:Apparently Thok is currently not tamable because he doesn't leave his cage? Can't test it myself because no one will go into SoO for some reason... but that's what I've been told? I suspect that the hunter that told me was lying... but I don't know.
I tamed the LFR version just a little while earlier so that may be a bug.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

My Manmeat is a Prot War and he's number 1 heals on normal Mamaroth. (He gives everyone Leach and it's showing up as him healing :lol: ) :mrgreen:

cerpin
Realm: moonguard

Unread post by cerpin »

The biggest issues I've had is that my map remains entirely blacked out so I can't see anything, and items are randomly being replaced with the name/tooltip for other items (sometimes to hilarious results - I couldn't use a parachute in Gnomer due to it being a druid only item).

Nothing game breaking but kind of confusing.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Despite having the same graphics settings my fps just drops for no reason, especially when switching zones/characters..

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

So far:

1) Gamma adjuster doesn't show up in Windowed Full Screen mode (default), but shows up in just regular Full Screen mode.

2) Transmog items that DON'T show the "You haven't collected this appearance" tag are sometimes not shown in the appearance tab as being learned. Mostly seems to affect green items and a few blues.

3) The "You have unlocked this item" message only seems to show up for purple items, occasionally blue items, and never on green items. But, learning a previously unlearned appearance is still learned even if you don't get this message.

4) Replacing a garrison building with a follower in it still leaves that follower staring at the building with a daily quest (if appropriate) until construction is finished. Pretty minor compared to others, but still a bug.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Using this as a mini rant thread of sorts...

Blehb, they had this problem in beta, but pets are still slightly unresponsive and it's mildly annoying. Whenever I move around it takes them a few moments to move as well, almost as though it's lag, but I don't think it is because it happens no matter what. (and if I use the Move To command it's instant). Also don't like how Assist won't have pets attack an enemy that's attacking you.

I'm also frustrated at the appearance change of a lot of the goggles (and some other headpiece items), they seem to have changed shape/position on the face of many races and a few of my characters look odd with them now. :/

Other than that I'm mostly just overwhelmed by all the class changes and trying to familiarize myself with my characters again. x_x
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Doing a repair scan fixed a lot of my lag issues, actually.

But.. Realm hopping is currently really buggy and causes you to teleport backwards when phasing.

I hate that you have to mouse over your character portrait or enemy's portrait to see the HP/energy now. Used to be able to toggle it to always show.

I hate that floating combat text it simplified .. I liked being able to have it say how many combo points my druid was building up.

I hate that you can't turn on old enemy nameplates and are forced to use the new ones & have your hp display under your model.

I hate not having deterrence... if aspect of the turtle had two charges I'd be fine. But right now, the 3 min cooldown is just too much in pvp.

And I looked forward to keeping my pet as MM.. but lone wolf still blows the other two talents out of the park. Guess I'll just use a pet when questing in Legion.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Some of those ARE fixable thankfully, albeit most not through the default interface LIKE IT SHOULD BE (seriously just add an "advanced" tab if you're worried about there being too many options for new players; there are a lot more players who are somewhat experienced and would like easy access or at least knowledge of the myriad of options available for tweaking the default UI or experience but there are so few resources for it >:\)

Anyway. The HP/resource bar at your feet can actually be toggled through the in-game interface menu (Esc -> Interface -> Names, untick "Personal Resource Display"). As for status text, go into your WoW folder -> WTF and open config.wtf. Somewhere in that file, on its own line(s), add the following:

Code: Select all

SET playerStatusText "1"
SET petStatusText "1"
SET partyStatusText "1"
SET targetStatusText "1"
SET alternateResourceText "1"
that SHOULD be the correct cvars to keep them always displaying, or at least that's what I've got in my config and I don't have a problem with them not displaying all the time. If those don't work let me know cos I've got some other ideas (in different config files), but I'm not sure which cvars are still relevant and which are a relic of having had WoW installed for like, twelve years in the same folder lol

I don't think there's a fix for the nameplates without using an addon to do so, which is disappointing. Wowprogramming has a "NamePlateStlye" cvar listed, but I suspect that's a) a typo and b) the Larger Nameplate tickybox. Haven't played with it yet, though.

Other potentially useful cvars: further in your WTF folder, WTF -> Account -> [your account name if you have one, a random string of numbers if your account was created post-battle.net] is a config-cache.wtf file. Adding SET lootUnderMouse "0" to that file will put the loot window back in a static location, which was another option removed from the in-game interface menu in the patch. Even further in the folder maze (on a per-character basis, eg [my account] -> Korgath -> Basanti) is the personal config for things that are character-specific. SET mapFade "0" in this config-cache.wtf will turn off the fading of the map if you have the map open and are moving, which tbh I wish wasn't character-specific because I never want that on, but oh well >:\
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Added that, but it seems to not work for me. :( Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but copied it from your post directly into my WTF file and nothing changed.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Okay here's my other guess for the appropriate cvars; in WTF -> Account -> [your account] -> config-cache.wtf, add the following lines:

Code: Select all

SET xpBarText "1"
SET statusText "1"
Why those two lines are are a different location than the rest I have no idea, but there you go. I suspect if it's either of those it'd be statusText since it seems more general, while the xpBarText one is pretty obviously just for the experience bar. If it's not that one either, I'm at a loss—my status text (percentages and absolute values as I have both enabled) don't hide at all, and nothing else in any of my config files looks like it may even possibly be it.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

They broke my Obsidian Nightwing's flying animation, after a few flats it stutters like I hit the roof. Rather annoying :| :mrgreen:

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

One thing that kept happening to me other than lag etc. Stupid honor talent menu kept popping up every zone change. Every time someone entered the raid. EVERY FREAKING TIME. System completely broken. Says I have honor points. Couldn't spend them. Close menu. Pops right back up.
Submitted bug report on that too.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Thought I'd mention that there's also this wonderful addon called Advanced Interface Options that lets you toggle a lot of those cvars and original options:
http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/advanc ... aceoptions