Issues with 7.0.0?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Issues with 7.0.0?

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Xella wrote:Okay here's my other guess for the appropriate cvars; in WTF -> Account -> [your account] -> config-cache.wtf, add the following lines:

Code: Select all

SET xpBarText "1"
SET statusText "1"
Why those two lines are are a different location than the rest I have no idea, but there you go. I suspect if it's either of those it'd be statusText since it seems more general, while the xpBarText one is pretty obviously just for the experience bar. If it's not that one either, I'm at a loss—my status text (percentages and absolute values as I have both enabled) don't hide at all, and nothing else in any of my config files looks like it may even possibly be it.
That worked, thank you!!
zedxrgal wrote:One thing that kept happening to me other than lag etc. Stupid honor talent menu kept popping up every zone change. Every time someone entered the raid. EVERY FREAKING TIME. System completely broken. Says I have honor points. Couldn't spend them. Close menu. Pops right back up.
Submitted bug report on that too.
YES. It drove me insane. Someone told me you had to enter a BG, then you'd be able to learn it... Well, I did get Honorable medallion, the spell the talent is supposed to replace, but it did nothing for that annoying pop up. It seems to have been fixed with last night's maintenance though.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Is anyone having problems with battle.net? I can't even get that little bastard to work. I tried uninstalling, but for some reason it doesn't properly uninstall, I thought I had it fully uninstalled, downloaded the client and tried to run it, not working either.

It's all a damn mess. I've updated all my drivers, put down my firewall (which I HATE doing), I have no anti-virus things going, I've done everything this blasted tech support and I'm ready to rip all my hair out.

Does anyone know how to make battle.net actually properly uninstall so I can reinstall and MAYBE fix the damn whole thing and get a damn update going!! Please I'm desperate guys ;_;
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Did you go to programs & features under your control panel and try uninstalling Battle.net there?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Lupen202 wrote:Did you go to programs & features under your control panel and try uninstalling Battle.net there?

Yes, I'll see if it's still there, but it's tried refusing over and over

Edit: I keep getting this stupid error: https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... m=internal

Right now I'm trying to find everything and anything labeled Battle.net and destroying it so MAYBE the damn thing will fully uninstall!!

EditEdit: After cleaning out all the battle.net things, uninstaller still couldn't do it. So I decided to try manually downloading the agent files and install. Now all I'm getting when I try to get the battle-net set up to go is this stupid error.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... m=internal

Ugh....I'm just tired, I'm gonna go lay down and cry alittle while. If anyone can tell me what I can do past all of the things already offered by that stupid page (which I have all done), please tell.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Hunter's Call will sometimes summon a wild pet battle pet that you can battle with. So far only the lizard does it.

The "feed the squirrels" toy gets the guards mad at you. I was in Nesingwary Base Camp and they started shooting me when I used it.

I used the B.F.F. on a nice space goat Hunter and my pet went nuts. :| Sorry space goat :hug:
Image :mrgreen:

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The most annoying thing that's happened to me since the patch is that all tooltips are incorrect. I have a bunch of toys in that tab showing as armor pieces, for example. This has prevented me from interacting properly with so many things and basically made the game unplayable.

The weirdest thing is that it comes and goes. Sometimes, things will be fixed briefly before going back to being broken.

It doesn't seem to be addon related either, as I've turned everything off and it hasn't fixed anything.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

One of my guildmates had that happen to him last night; instead of Crystallized Fel, everybody in the raid got the plans for Savage Truesteel Essence on his screen, and some other stuff

It's so weird that it's so intermittent and only affecting some people; I haven't had it happen to me yet but that could be luck of the draw or could be because I'm on a mac. My mother was having her UI work crystal clear but her actual game resolution was stuck at like... 240p or less last night.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

Kalliope wrote:The most annoying thing that's happened to me since the patch is that all tooltips are incorrect. I have a bunch of toys in that tab showing as armor pieces, for example. This has prevented me from interacting properly with so many things and basically made the game unplayable.

The weirdest thing is that it comes and goes. Sometimes, things will be fixed briefly before going back to being broken.

It doesn't seem to be addon related either, as I've turned everything off and it hasn't fixed anything.
Try deleting your cache. I had the same problem - appearances were labeled as meat products and I was wearing a vendor trash rock for a chest piece (and thus couldn't transmog it). As soon as I deleted my cache, everything was fine.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think I will avoid until things are running more smoothly. I don't have the time or patience to deal with so much silliness right now. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Quiv wrote:
Acadion wrote:Apparently Thok is currently not tamable because he doesn't leave his cage? Can't test it myself because no one will go into SoO for some reason... but that's what I've been told? I suspect that the hunter that told me was lying... but I don't know.
I tamed the LFR version just a little while earlier so that may be a bug.
That's good news, I'll have to try again.

On another note... Friender in Gnomer is permanently asleep as of now. I attempted 3 separate instance resets and the buttons do not respond. The button puzzle to wake him can't be manipulated. I submitted it as a bug but if they're waiting until Legion to let us tame him then why put him in there in the first place. For lack of a better phrase, that's just stupid.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Acadion wrote: That's good news, I'll have to try again.

On another note... Friender in Gnomer is permanently asleep as of now. I attempted 3 separate instance resets and the buttons do not respond. The button puzzle to wake him can't be manipulated. I submitted it as a bug but if they're waiting until Legion to let us tame him then why put him in there in the first place. For lack of a better phrase, that's just stupid.
The buttons only respond if you're at least level 100. I haven't tried it, but supposedly engineers can also manipulate the buttons (possibly without the level requirement?)
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bendak wrote:

The buttons only respond if you're at least level 100. I haven't tried it, but supposedly engineers can also manipulate the buttons (possibly without the level requirement?)
That's interesting news. I wonder if a 100 can activate it and a lower level tame it. And I wonder if it also works for gnomes and goblins of any level.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... pet#111820

Someone on my realm forums (I'm honestly not sure why there of all places, but, hey, helps for science at least!) posted about their hunter taming it, which appears to be a level 50 gnome. So either you can activate it pre-100, or a 100 can indeed activate it for you.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

13thmaiden wrote:Yes, I'll see if it's still there, but it's tried refusing over and over

Edit: I keep getting this stupid error: https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... m=internal

Right now I'm trying to find everything and anything labeled Battle.net and destroying it so MAYBE the damn thing will fully uninstall!!

EditEdit: After cleaning out all the battle.net things, uninstaller still couldn't do it. So I decided to try manually downloading the agent files and install. Now all I'm getting when I try to get the battle-net set up to go is this stupid error.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... m=internal

Ugh....I'm just tired, I'm gonna go lay down and cry alittle while. If anyone can tell me what I can do past all of the things already offered by that stupid page (which I have all done), please tell.
I've been having difficulty for the past 4 hours with the whole api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll error message, so I finally decided to uninstall both World of Warcraft and Battle.net using the windows uninstaller. Took awhile, but eventually it was removed. Then, I manually went and deleted the file folders for both Battle.net and World of Warcraft under "Program Files (x86)". Finally, I re-downloaded the battle.net app from blizzard's website, re-installed it, and let it reinstall World of Warcraft from there. So far, it seems to be working.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

No zepplins... Been waiting forever along with like twenty other people while the zepp masters announce every couple minutes when theirs docks, but none are in sight. Mages have been offering portals for people who need to cross continents in the mean time, but argh, it was a while before we started cluing in that something was wrong cause while mages were offering portals, no one was actually talking about the issue so we had no idea what was up

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Chimera wrote:No zepplins... Been waiting forever along with like twenty other people while the zepp masters announce every couple minutes when theirs docks, but none are in sight. Mages have been offering portals for people who need to cross continents in the mean time, but argh, it was a while before we started cluing in that something was wrong cause while mages were offering portals, no one was actually talking about the issue so we had no idea what was up
Like many issues, Blizz is aware of this and are working on it. Just takes patience from everyone. This is a major patch, after all, and bugs are expected.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Another minor inconvenience but annoying change: the group loot rolls!

I'm not sure if I can explain this very well, but it used to be where when you were running dungeons/raids and the loot roll boxes popped up you could just spam click the greed icon if you wanted because each little box would move up to replace the other one, meaning you could keep your cursor in one place. It was just quick and convenient. Now the loot boxes are static and stay in place so you have to move your cursor around.

This is different from the loot window appearing by your mouse cursor, but it's a little awkward to describe. Anyways, it's just another small frustration.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Bendak wrote:

Ok well that really makes no sense. Lets put a desirable pet that levels with you in a level 26 dungeon and not allow the hunter to tame it. That is really stupid. And no, my hunter gnome engineer cannot manipulate the buttons at all.

Beyond unreasonable. Why put the damn thing there, and make it level with you. I can go into the Clean Area and use the prismatic card to tame that robot-ostritch.... why no restriction there...
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

its sad but yes I think you need to be 100 to tame Friender, buttons wouldn't work for my lvl 50 gnome :( sucks.. no reason for it not to be if it scales to your level anyways.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Helsinki wrote:
Kalliope wrote:The most annoying thing that's happened to me since the patch is that all tooltips are incorrect. I have a bunch of toys in that tab showing as armor pieces, for example. This has prevented me from interacting properly with so many things and basically made the game unplayable.

Try deleting your cache. I had the same problem - appearances were labeled as meat products and I was wearing a vendor trash rock for a chest piece (and thus couldn't transmog it). As soon as I deleted my cache, everything was fine.
One of the small stealth patches seemed to fix it. :D Glad it wasn't just me, though.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!