#wowbrokenarrow

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

#wowbrokenarrow

Unread post by evil950510 »

The WoW Hunter forums have become overwhelmed with players not happy with the changes to Hunter; however, rarely does anyone from the development team actually look at the forums. As such, some hunter have decided to create a Twiiter account that we hope will get the attention of someone actually from Blizzard. This is not a place to go to whine about hating that Sv is melee now and such, this is meant to address the issues hunters have now with just being able to to remain alive in pve, clunky rotation, and ss far as pets go, they're in a bad spot, AI, buffs and such. It should not be a requirement to have our Artifact Weapon to fix these issues too as not everyone will be immediately playing Legion upon release. As a player and a Hunter for eight years now I want the Blizzard development to stop listen to the community before there nothing left of the Hunter class.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: #wowbrokenarrow

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Whilst it is a very good thought, the Artifact is one of the main features of Legion. As I said in another thread, Blizz designs with the endgame in mind, not necessarily old content. Many people are jumping the gun and assuming that Hunters will be terrible at 110 without actually having played them at that lvl. Even at 100, they aren't that bad. Are they the best? No, but they aren't terrible.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

But what if I do not want to play at level 110? Should I be gimped because I did not spend $50 on the next expansion? This is also not about only the play style, but also particular pets have an advantage over other pets, which would bring back the old "bring the pet not the hunter" style back.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I agree that it's a great thought. Anything to add to the hunter voice is always great however please don't forget that Petopia has a Twitter also and I'm 75% (or more) sure Blizzard looks at it. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

zedxrgal wrote:I agree that it's a great thought. Anything to add to the hunter voice is always great however please don't forget that Petopia has a Twitter also and I'm 75% (or more) sure Blizzard looks at it. :)
Thank you for adding that I went and followed.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

evil950510 wrote:This is also not about only the play style, but also particular pets have an advantage over other pets, which would bring back the old "bring the pet not the hunter" style back.
Sorry for the double post but not sure this is truly a thing. Some pets yes still have their specials but most seem to not provide damage boosts or anymore protection or anything really. Especially after 7.0. I raid A LOT and have not one time been told I need this or that pet because it provides anything anymore.
With pets keeping the same spec across the board and damage being a level playing field now from them no one pet is really going to be better.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong though. :)

And for me I may grouse about the current state of BM but I wouldn't say I feel gimped. I actually hit top 10 (7th if you want to be exact, when before I wasn't even in the top 15 or even close) in a raid Sunday under BM with just a wolf and not even in top level /end game gear. No it's not at it's best. It's slightly boring. But I am in no way gimped without that artifact. I still don't like BM. But am hopeful that it can & will be improved without the artifact.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

No class should have to designed around only being good in upcoming content. Players still have to level.

What they have done is rip out a large amount of abilities so they can partially give them back with the artifact, and the rest gone just so that other specs are different than you. I guess because developing in positive ways would have required too much work. Essentially what you spent many expansions developing you can pay for the privilege of losing and get a bit back, while the designers pretend it's new. With a new expansion, I think class development is often "two steps forward, one step back" but this time I have played it at 110 and I'd say it feels more like "one step forward, two steps back".

I think the designers have their blinkered eyes fixed on numbers, mechanics, and where they want classes to be, rather than theme, enjoyment and the very real possibility that you can't just undo everything gained before without real consequences, especially in a very old game with only a couple of expansions of life left in it, even if you think it's better and conforms to the rigid class model you have in your head.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I think this is a good idea. It might even get me to look at Twitter. There are legitimate problems that need to be addressed. Cause "tuned for endgame" is not an answer. And everything Wain said. This isn't a matter of skill. This is way bigger.
I do hope Blizzard listens though. Maybe Twitter will catch their ear, because their forums, as you said, certainly don't.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I found out the hard way in Timewalking Pit of Saron they removed Distracting Shot. Distracting Shot! Whats bad about that? Its perfectly thematic with a hunter too. No more ping pong taunting that boss when it goes to crap. Just makes me sad. I don't understand why it got cut. Broken arrow indeed.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

evil950510 wrote:But what if I do not want to play at level 110? Should I be gimped because I did not spend $50 on the next expansion? This is also not about only the play style, but also particular pets have an advantage over other pets, which would bring back the old "bring the pet not the hunter" style back.
Then that is your choice, but many will be moving forward and lvling to 110. The game has to keep moving forward, and they have to tune the mechanics in various areas to do this. This is something Blizz has stated many, many, many times and it is something they have done with every xpac. It is not something they are going to change. And as I said in another thread, I have not heard any complaints from those lvling a Hunter about getting to 100. Some of them just quest. Some of them just dungeon. Some of them are PvPers. There is no spec or class that is perfect in this xpac (though Demo and Unholy come awfully close). Some are better than others, and some do certain things better than others.

Also, there is a big issue with their being pets that have advantages over other pets. I remember back when the only suitable pet was a Wolf. You had to bring that pet or you couldn't come at all. I remember reading about the complaints both on Petopia and other sites, and the rejoicing when pet's damage was made mostly the same across all families - allowing Hunters to choose whichever pet they want. I believe there would be a HUGE amount of outrage is Blizz was to revert this to some degree and make it that there are pets that bring a clear dps advantage.

I do agree with you, Quiv. I don't understand why Blizz removed Distracting Shot. I know there were times that some Hunters would use it to wipe groups, but I wouldn't say it was such a pandemic that it would be best to have it removed *Cough* Pack *Cough*
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:I have not heard any complaints from those lvling a Hunter about getting to 100. Some of them just quest. Some of them just dungeon. Some of them are PvPers.
Perhaps you haven't heard those complaints because the patch has only been live for a week?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not everyone takes weeks or months to Lvl a character to 100. A couple friends of mine started gnome hunters the day the patch dropped, and are in the 80s right now. Haven't heard anything ill from them.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:Not everyone takes weeks or months to Lvl a character to 100. A couple friends of mine started gnome hunters the day the patch dropped, and are in the 80s right now. Haven't heard anything ill from them.
Not everybody levels to 80 in a week. ;) And yay for your friends!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed. Some take their time, others get it done. But my point is: I haven't heard anything from them, from my other friends whom are taking their time, and from other lvling hunters that I have met in dungeons. I haven't heard any complaints about dps, survivability, etc.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Umm well my pet is pretty squishy, I won't lie. She dies pretty fast at the lower levels for sure, my gnome hunter is lvl 58 and well my pet isnt able to tank if its needed..
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I can't fathom BM.

I've been BM since TBC, never switched spec, and now I've gone straight to survival.

The issues I personally ran into, without reading any forum posts previously and only playing through Broken Shore (so, disclaimer, I may just be not seeing where certain abilities went...):

* No filler shot? We're back to "viper sting and wait" levels of doing nothing, if I'm doing this right... Sitting waiting for autoattack just is not fun.
* Just a tiny scattering of abilities that feel unrelated. There's no beast mastery feel, just pressing buttons that have vague concepts and irritating whistles.
* The rotation/gameplay feels very disjointed and unintuitive, unlike the smooth, fluid feel it had in WoD.
* Adaptation was removed? :(
* The 'class fantasy' removing certain things from our spec is just silly. I don't know yet what we're getting from the artifact--but like fire mage, and as Wain says, the class should not have to wait for level 110 to be viable. The game should not have to be unplayable until endgame--levelling and questing should be enjoyable. The lack of deterrence, camouflage, a filler shot, TRAPS, flare?! etc is just... strange. Half our toolkit was just taken away. I'm terrified of how PvP will look.
* The BM 'class fantasy' they've developed is terrible. It does not feel like I'm a hunter closely bonded with and working in synergy with my pet. It feels like I have some random abilities that don't really fit ANY theme. It's very uninteresting and gives me no sense of enthusiasm for the class/spec whatsoever.
* The dampening of some sound effects makes it difficult for a player like me, who relies on the sound effects of abilities, to know if certain skills actually activated. Case in point, Kill Command--I never did like its previous sound but the new one is impossible to hear.

Say what you will about survival, it was obviously given a lot of care and a lot of effort went into giving it plenty of fluid, interacting, useful and fantasy-perfect skills. BM feels like a trainwreck by comparison. While I MUCH prefer my old kiting style of hunter, survival is far more enjoyable than BM at the moment, for me. And that's sad, because I really want to play old Bm again.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

You can kinda fill the rotation out with talents, but yup BM has no true filler since the main focus regen ability has a hefty CD. It keeps an expensive focus dump.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've been having fun with SV, and that's what I was specced at the end of WoD, so I've not even bothered with the other two specs. I'm saddened by the butchery of BM, though. I do take some solace knowing that no changes are ever set in stone. If things are as bad as everyone says, then I would like to believe that Blizz will listen. Maybe they just went through with it so that people had a chance to get to 110 and give it a shot? In any case, SV sure is fun so I may main my hunter in Legion, which I didn't think I'd do. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

These are the abilities BM has at level 100:

Dire Beast
Wild Call
Cobra Shot
Aspect of the Wild
Beast Cleave
Bestial Wrath
Exhilaration
Kill Command
Mastery: Master of Beasts
Misdirection
Multi-Shot
Concussive Shot

Abilities at level 110 with Titanstrike:

Artificial Stamina
Beast Master
Focus of the Titans
Furious Swipes
Hati's Bond
Hunter's Advantage
Jaws of Thunder
Master of Beasts
Mimiron's Shell
Natural Reflexes
Pack Leader
Pathfinder
Spirit Bond
Spiritbound
Spitting Cobras
Surge of the Stormgod
Titan's Thunder
Unleash the Beast
Wilderness Expert

As you can see BM is unfinished without their Artifact Weapon; on top of that, there are quite a few abilities that heal you and your pet meaning without Titanstrike our only heal is Exhilaration. Simply put Blizzard has made Hunters incomplete and to fully unlock them you will need to pay the $50 for the next expansion.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Wait, Spirit Bond comes from the artifact now? That just makes me even more angry, knowing it's been baseline for AGES on BM. What's the sense in doing that?