demon hunter tattoos

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

demon hunter tattoos

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Boss: "I understand tattoos are important to your identity as a demon hunter, so you can get them as long as you can cover them up with a long sleeved shirt when you come in to work."
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: demon hunter tattoos

Unread post by Sukurachi »

And THIS is precisely why I want Sandrene's Invisible Vest for mogging.
Why bother having cool body tattoos if I am forced to cover them up completely with my armor?

By the way, they just announced that DH come out on August 9th. Don't know if it was mentioned.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Sukurachi wrote:And THIS is precisely why I want Sandrene's Invisible Vest for mogging.
Why bother having cool body tattoos if I am forced to cover them up completely with my armor?

By the way, they just announced that DH come out on August 9th. Don't know if it was mentioned.
Most of the DH armor is rather revealing, and all of the leather quest greens have a DH version to show off the tattoos.

I mentioned it in another thread :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Valnaaros wrote:Most of the DH armor is rather revealing, and all of the leather quest greens have a DH version to show off the tattoos.
That makes me feel better. I was wondering if we were going to need to start a special DH thread on the transmog forum for skimpy chest pieces :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I went through the entire opening zone for DH, all the way until you get sent to Orgrimmar, and the chest pieces were far from "revealing". They had horrible wide waist bands that hid half the abdomen. Or they had wide straps that covered a large part of the chest.

Be that as it may, it still doesn't change the simple fact that there's no real reason for denying the use of Sandrene's Invisible Vest as a mog item.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It allows a lot of the tattoos to be seen. Unless Blizz implements a new invisible chest piece, then that is probably the best it'll get. The only other thing I can think of is some of the low Lvl leather chests that are, basically, just straps.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Isn't the illidari robe from the starting gear bare-chested for males? That won't leave you with any choices for legs, but it's a start. There's HFC druid look-a-like chest-pieces that shows off the abs, but it does cover the pecs.

Of course, on Outland, there's some npc draenei monks that have bare chests (the female monks have sarashi) so something like that could work for a chestpiece for anyone.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Sukurachi wrote:And THIS is precisely why I want Sandrene's Invisible Vest for mogging.

There are some outfits you can make leather wise that let you show them off. :lol: ;)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Bulletdance wrote:

There are some outfits you can make leather wise that let you show them off. :lol: ;)

Those were the ones I was referring to. Plenty of good pieces :)
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

I'll check in the morning to see if it changed, but when I tried last time I couldn't hide the tattoo under full body armor. I think they're actually on a different layer on top of the texture (skin) of the body rather than a change to the skin texture itself.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I've checked wowhead and it seems there are a few new Legion Leather armor that are very revealing, so there's that?
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chaix »

they changed it, must've been an oversight/bug on the texture guy's part.

If you really want to show off those tattoos, there are two items i'd reccomend: Warhide Jerkin from leatherworking, or the chestpiece that drops from dungeon bosses (multiple names, same model). warhide is just a girdle with some straps on the arms, the dungeon drop is a pair of sleeves (bicep down) and a belt.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

pop wrote:I've checked wowhead and it seems there are a few new Legion Leather armor that are very revealing, so there's that?
Yep, as I said above. Plus, most of the green questing gear and world drops (leather) have a DH version that is revealing.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

There's the Thunderlord Chestguard from the garrisons that's quite skimpy

http://www.wowhead.com/item=113791/thun ... chestguard
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Still annoying that an in-game item, that is green, has stats, everything that would normally qualify it for mogging, is not being permitted for that use.

"Step on no pets!"

Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Valnaaros wrote:

Most of the DH armor is rather revealing, and all of the leather quest greens have a DH version to show off the tattoos.

I mentioned it in another thread :)
All of the DH Armor is 95% topless. Not to mention the first topless item you get is a green item, so you can transmog it into whatever you are wearing. That plus loosing the shoulders looks pretty awesome.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I kinda hope I'll have the option of NOT showing off my tattoos. I don't want to have to resort to old sets just so I can feel like I have functional armor, or feel like I'm not freezing my ass off if I should go somewhere chilly. Not being able to wear a helmet because of demonic horns is bad enough, and I expect what little armor I would have been wearing with the "revealing" stuff would just be uncomfortable with the other demon hunter mutations like scales and whatnot.
Last edited by PrimalTazza on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You're probably going to have to resort to old sets, since all leather sets on the Broken Isles have a DH version - aka, a version that shows off the Tattoos.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chaix »

any model not "intended" for a demon hunter will hide them, so anything pre-leigon will work, as well as the new druid/rogue off-set pieces.I recommend the druid raiding chest piece if you want something newer as it has metal ornamentation on the cuffs of the sleeves and it comes in 4 different colours.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

This was addressed in the recent Q&A The short version of the answer is

"Much of the new leather is revealing on Demon hunters. That said we're not going to make 'Chests' Invisable in game"

So.. you'll have to look for pieces you like, but they know people want to see the tattoos so that's taken into account.

Having played Beta. You start off with some pretty revealing stuff that you can keep. I've used it in my own Transmog on beta. So there's some out there. You might not have 100s of variations of the revealing stuff, but... if you're tryng to show skin and tattoos.. revealing is revealing.

Yeah.. there's some 'Stripper gear' out there.