Legion apparently has a ton of hidden things

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Legion apparently has a ton of hidden things

Unread post by Quiv »

Wowhead recently had an interview with a couple of Devs: Jonathan LeCraft (Crafticus) and our old friend Jeremy Feasel (Muffinus). In the course of the interview, Jeremy mentioned twice that there are a ton of hidden things in Legion.

Link to interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ci4PFqV8nk

At 3:55, they mentioned the new appearance system caused them to realized how many looks were in the game that they could (and have plans to) add in secret/hidden locations.
At 4:53 he said there a lot of things hidden in Legion, more than all other expansions combined, and some stuff he doesn't expect to be found for 6 months.
At 16:00 he mentions that Demon Hunters can find hidden things with Spectral Sight, some of which are in the pre-launch.

Hidden things make me think of Terky, no real indicators as to where he was located. The Pocket Fel Spreader is the item I think we won't be able to find in pre-launch without spectral sight, but Demon Hunters before launch is limited so I don't know. Players apparently also haven't figured out how to turn into Dread Lords and Wowhead says thats in game right now.

I also wonder if the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph will fall into this category. Its something to think about!
Last edited by Quiv on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Legion apparently has a ton of hidden things

Unread post by Kalliope »

I am so unsurprised. xD That's very in character!

It also makes me happy, since not being in the beta generally means missing out on most of the cool discoveries. If that's not the case, I'm in. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Thing is is I don't even know where to begin xD Terky was in an old zone in the most random spot. So who knows what could be out there and in what zone? but I do find these sort of things interesting and fun.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Lupen202 wrote:Thing is is I don't even know where to begin xD Terky was in an old zone in the most random spot. So who knows what could be out there and in what zone? but I do find these sort of things interesting and fun.
This is what irks me about it :lol: I love love love things left to find. However without any indication of where to start, we just have to wait until someone stumbles into it with dumb luck AND reports it properly. At least if we had a clue, we could start investigating. We could do something to progress meaningfully in finding it. I just hate when things are bound to dumb luck. Gara was a bit like this to me. We figured out because we had the an army of forum beta testers on the hunt in WoD beta, but without that single minded army of determined investigators, who knows how long it would have taken to figure Gara out?

What I truly wonder is would that let something go undiscovered perpetually? How long would Blizz wait for us to find something before giving us hints? What if this Long Forgotten Hippogryph mount was never discovered and we were about to go into the next expansion? Now there are some things in game that will spark players to hunt for them, and a mount is likely the case (as was Gara being a Spirit Beast). However what about a toy, or mini-pet, or even a normal pet with a unique skin we aren't aware of? I wonder about that.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Quiv wrote:This is what irks me about it :lol: I love love love things left to find. However without any indication of where to start, we just have to wait until someone stumbles into it with dumb luck AND reports it properly. At least if we had a clue, we could start investigating. We could do something to progress meaningfully in finding it. I just hate when things are bound to dumb luck. Gara was a bit like this to me. We figured out because we had the an army of forum beta testers on the hunt in WoD beta, but without that single minded army of determined investigators, who knows how long it would have taken to figure Gara out?

What I truly wonder is would that let something go undiscovered perpetually? How long would Blizz wait for us to find something before giving us hints? What if this Long Forgotten Hippogryph mount was never discovered and we were about to go into the next expansion? Now there are some things in game that will spark players to hunt for them, and a mount is likely the case (as was Gara being a Spirit Beast). However what about a toy, or mini-pet, or even a normal pet with a unique skin we aren't aware of? I wonder about that.
Well, they might. WoW is a very add-on friendly game, so the spirit of true exploration isn't that strong with things like Handy Notes and all that stuff. Of course, you could always try and organize some exploration teams here on Petopia among all the new Demon Hunters and their Spectral Site ability (and anyone else that's up for it) that are willing to dedicate time towards finding whatever hidden stuff might be out there.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

good place to start is dalaran. I randomly hit spectral sight in dal and got a big red glow. got a nasty surprise when I talked to the guy standing there and got 3-shotted. I guess it's supposed to be some kind of randomly appearing boss that everyone's supposed to join in on?

I honestly think bliz is fine to just leave things alone, potentially for years if necessary. ex: how long was the murloc pet hidden in borean tundra before someone found it?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Chaix wrote:good place to start is dalaran. I randomly hit spectral sight in dal and got a big red glow. got a nasty surprise when I talked to the guy standing there and got 3-shotted. I guess it's supposed to be some kind of randomly appearing boss that everyone's supposed to join in on?

I honestly think bliz is fine to just leave things alone, potentially for years if necessary. ex: how long was the murloc pet hidden in borean tundra before someone found it?
Yes, that was reported quite a while back. There are two mages like that in Dalaran. Demon Hunters and Prot pallies can reveal them. :)
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Quiv wrote: What I truly wonder is would that let something go undiscovered perpetually? How long would Blizz wait for us to find something before giving us hints? What if this Long Forgotten Hippogryph mount was never discovered and we were about to go into the next expansion? Now there are some things in game that will spark players to hunt for them, and a mount is likely the case (as was Gara being a Spirit Beast). However what about a toy, or mini-pet, or even a normal pet with a unique skin we aren't aware of? I wonder about that.
I have also wondered this many times, even before Terky was discovered. When I read about datamined things that have seemingly never made it into the game, I question if they were/are actually hidden items that no one has ever found. If so, are they still in the game hidden away, or are they removed when a certain amount of time has passed?

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

Quiv wrote:Wowhead recently had an interview with a couple of Devs: Jonathan LeCraft (Crafticus) and our old friend Jeremy Feasel (Muffinus). In the course of the interview, Jeremy mentioned twice that there are a ton of hidden things in Legion.

Link to interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ci4PFqV8nk

At 3:55, they mentioned the new appearance system caused them to realized how many looks were in the game that they could (and have plans to) add in secret/hidden locations.
At 4:53 he said there a lot of things hidden in Legion, more than all other expansions combined, and some stuff he doesn't expect to be found for 6 months.
At 16:00 he mentions that Demon Hunters can find hidden things with Spectral Sight, some of which are in the pre-launch.

Hidden things make me think of Terky, no real indicators as to where he was located. The Pocket Fel Spreader is the item I think we won't be able to find in pre-launch without spectral sight, but Demon Hunters before launch is limited so I don't know. Players apparently also haven't figured out how to turn into Dread Lords and Wowhead says thats in game right now.

I also wonder if the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph will fall into this category. Its something to think about!
found out wowhead's wrong. dark whispers aren't active yet. word of divine pug says so
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Far off the south coast of Stormheim there's a fallen statue lying in the sea. Near a big shark there's an entrance to an underwater cave where there are geysers that almost kill you in one hit. I still haven't found any purpose for it all.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Chaix wrote:found out wowhead's wrong. dark whispers aren't active yet. word of divine pug says so
Thanks! Saves me more time trying to figure Doomsayers and the weird IAAD trigger out.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Far off the south coast of Stormheim there's a fallen statue lying in the sea. Near a big shark there's an entrance to an underwater cave where there are geysers that almost kill you in one hit. I still haven't found any purpose for it all.
Hope it doesn't receive the same treatment as the cave under the frogs on Timeless Isle.
Delphinie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Delphinie »

Dark whispers are in game as of yesterday I would guess as I could turn in to the demonlord thing yesterday.
OMG, The Insanity of Altoholisim. ~Japhinie/Delphinie~
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Not really hidden or anything, but something cute I found.

During the Barrens invasion, you can find our old friend Echeyakee injured.You're able to heal him, and once you do he'll become your companion to aid you against the Legion. (Not sure how long he lasts, but quite a while)

Makes me wonder if there are any other neat easter eggs/npcs to interact with in other invasion areas.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh how cool. Love stuff like this. Can double "pet" has Survival!