Demon Hunter Demonic speech

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Demon Hunter Demonic speech

Unread post by Nick »

So the thought occurred to me when I first saw Demon Hunters being able to switch their language to Demonic, but I had thought Blizzard might not do it because of bad-mouthing and such. Fortunately, I was wrong! (And apparently it's intentional too, so it'll stay in game.)

The Tarren Mill invasion bugged and didn't start, so everyone was left standing around doing nothing, hoping it would fix itself (it never did). During all of that, someone Horde-side mentioned in a yell (in Demonic) that Demon Hunters can speak cross-faction with each other using the language. I was skeptical (because nobody responded to him) but it turns out that you can! We all sat there shouting in Demonic for about 20-odd minutes before I suggested we group up outside of town so we didn't have to yell lmao (and since the Alliance couldn't land because they'd get attacked by guards and flagged too). That ended up with me and a group of around 7-10 other DHs going to the bridge nearby and chatted for 3 hours.

Then someone got the good idea to RP walk on their Felsaber and everyone joined in. We had some problems with phasing at first in Arathi, which got fixed through grouping up Horde and Alliance together in two separate groups, and we also ran into problems getting into the Wetlands (fixed with a PVP combat glitch to stop realms from phasing). New invasions eventually popped (shows how long we sat talking about random things on the bridge lmao) and we all managed to get to the Westfall one okay (with some hiccups in it, because PVP flagging and ganky people) but unfortunately Azshara wouldn't cooperate and the Alliance group all went to bed afterwards.

My group of Blood Elves all hung out in Gallywix's Pleasure Palace in the pool, until today's realm restart to fix the latency issues got pushed and ruined the fun.

I honestly thought (and still think) that the cross-faction speak will cause a lot of shit-talking to happen (especially since it apparently won't be disabled during battlegrounds???), but I am so glad that I was able to find and btag a group of really chill, awesome people because of it :) I'm honestly mad at myself for not taking screenshots of it all, especially the Felsaber march we did.

(If this isn't the right forum for this sort of thing, I apologize! It was just a really awesome moment that I wanted to share (also it might not be well known that Demon Hunters can cross-faction speak because I sure as hell didn't know l-lol))

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Demon Hunter Demonic speech

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah really....I haven't seen anyone abuse it. I'm sure some arse will, but most are really loving this.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Ohhh that's really awesome! Adds to the lore of demon hunters being their own sort of mini faction that have agreed to help the rest of Azeroth fight off the legion.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Don't worry, I'm sure people will abuse it in PVP by giving tips to their opposite faction friends, planting moles to help cheat in matches, or just to troll and be a dick.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Yeah and you can report them like you can report everyone else, it's not like Blizzard can't see what they are saying. :| :mrgreen:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I kinda wish they did something like this for Pandaren as a race since they communicated just fine long before we came along and thrust our war on them. They go from "Hey how are you today" to "Gor'rah top kek zug zug" in a matter of seconds :lol: