#wowbrokenarrow

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: #wowbrokenarrow

Unread post by Quiv »

Golden wrote:Wait, Spirit Bond comes from the artifact now? That just makes me even more angry, knowing it's been baseline for AGES on BM. What's the sense in doing that?
Keep in mind the Spirit Bond on the artifact is different than the old version. It heals for 15% of the damage kill command does.

And many of the talents on the artifact are some variant of increase damage of ability by %.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think a lot of this change that irks us so much is because they have new players in mind. New players won't have any clue that Spirit Bond (in whatever iteration) and Aspect of the Cheetah have been such-or-such way for x number of years. They just unlock stuff as they level. Us veteran players, on the other hand, are like...what the butt? :lol: I still think it's bad business practice to take away something that people have been used to having, and then to essentially charge them to get it back in a butchered form.

However, like I said, SV is really fun! I'm also liking shamans quite a bit too. So, there are some positives!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Acherontia wrote:I can't fathom BM.

I've been BM since TBC, never switched spec, and now I've gone straight to survival.
Are you me? :lol:
Scratch TBC for Vanilla though.

I'm loving SV though. Needs artifact & a touch more love on defensives, but it's good to me.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Another theory is they are simplifying rotations, removing skills and abilities, and making things passives so wow can be easier to port to consoles.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Soloing with my hunter is a big part of the game for me, but I find that since the pre-patch, I'm struggling with some things I could easily do before. My hunter and pet are much squishier without spirit bond, and my pet doesn't seem to hold aggro well at all. And when I go to pop something like deterrence, or camo, or a trap, my heart sinks a little when I remember I can't do that anymore. We all came to this game as newbies at some point, and we all learned the rotations and the useful spells eventually. We may not have used all of them constantly, but if we wanted them, they were there. Do new players now really just want these basic rotations? Or is that just the assumption?

I used to be able to tank dungeons with my pet with a group if necessary. I severally doubt I could do that now. BM has been my spec from day one. I've never stopped loving playing as BM, but now my ability to do what I want, what I've always done, is compromised, and I don't enjoy playing BM as much as I used to. That's a sad thing for me to admit, and relying on getting the artefact weapon to "fix" it doesn't exactly fill me with excitement. I feel like we've lost the some of the "character" of the spec. I know it's early days, but I really don't like the direction we're going at the moment.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »