PSA: Legion Invasion Treasure Chests

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

PSA: Legion Invasion Treasure Chests

Unread post by Sigrah »

Not sure if this has been posted or is widely known, but I learned that the items you get from the legion invasion treasure chests are assigned their iLevel based on the level your toon is at the time they are opened.

Meaning, if you are leveling some of those alts you haven't touched since cataclysm (raises hand), you can stockpile the chests until you hit level 100, and the gear you get from them will be iLevel 700 to 720 when you open them up (depending on your luck with warforged loot), and odds are fantastic you'll at least walk away with a full set of armor along with 3k to 4K in gold from selling the extras to vendors.

Between that and items you get from broken shore event, you should be fully geared once legion is off and running without having to break the bank ;) Did this from 85 to 100 on 2 of my 3 alliance toons so far, came away with 5 to 6 ember silk bags full of small and large treasure chests. Just something to consider.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: PSA: Legion Invasion Treasure Chests

Unread post by Wain »

That's handy to know. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Its so handy to be able to level through Invasions and then open a whole bunch of chests to basically fully gear on the spot.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

it was Winterveil in August for one of my mages today. She got from 90 to 100 (started yesterday), and tonight she got to open 40 or so chests... she is now completely geared, and even upgraded her wand. I know this is really only for a few weeks, but what the hey!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Sukurachi wrote:it was Winterveil in August for one of my mages today. She got from 90 to 100 (started yesterday), and tonight she got to open 40 or so chests... she is now completely geared, and even upgraded her wand. I know this is really only for a few weeks, but what the hey!
Exactly. Just enjoy the free experience and pre-expansion handouts for the few weeks it's going on, it's not like it happens every day ;)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Yeah, I don't think the Legion was prepared for the wrecking crew that is alts that need EXP. XD I've leveled a couple alts from 77-100 and a few 90-100. I got a few more to level, but I'm loving the catch up method here.

Plus it's just cool to see everyone flying together to fight off the Legion. :headbang:

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'm really enjoying the invasions from an onlooker's perspective. Unfortunately, I don't have any alts that I care about that aren't already 100 to make use of the fantastic leveling environment (I do have a couple alts I DON'T care about that could do it but, well...), but it's nice to see everybody else enjoying it.

The big convoys of flying and ground mounts moving from place to place are fantastically fun to watch, haha
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The invasions have been a godsend for me leveling up a few of my straggler alts. Just now I chugged an Elixir of the Rapid Mind, and on top of the invasion xp I zoomed to 85 in the blink of an eye. :D (those particular elixirs don't work once you reach 85, so I thought it was a perfect opportunity)
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Totally didn't know about this, so thank you! My leveling toons are quite a bit below max (and I can't see myself hitting 100 with them, just doing a little while I can) but I've now started saving up boxes, waiting a few levels, and then opening them, so I can get better loot as I progress.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

This is what I've been doing. Have leveled 5 toons to 100 now.

Also FYI ............ if you have a toon w/a garrison
The Potion of Accelerated Learning is a huge huge help. Must be 91 to buy /use from your garrison quater master but it'll be worth it and with the invasion it's easy to hit that.

Crazy filling my bags with these chests but so worth it.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

you can also get the chests by hovering or standing near the invasions w.o doing anything to help XD
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

zedxrgal wrote:This is what I've been doing. Have leveled 5 toons to 100 now.

Also FYI ............ if you have a toon w/a garrison
The Potion of Accelerated Learning is a huge huge help. Must be 91 to buy /use from your garrison quater master but it'll be worth it and with the invasion it's easy to hit that.

Crazy filling my bags with these chests but so worth it.
OH GOD HOW DID I FORGET THIS and theres only 2 days left.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Ziroth wrote:you can also get the chests by hovering or standing near the invasions w.o doing anything to help XD
It's even rediculously easier than that. You can just barely cross the boarder into an invasion zone, sit on your mount, and still wrack up the chests and a huge chunk of experience just from the zone wide experience you automatically get regardless of whether or not you do anything. Not advocating you do that, but I've gotten experience and chests while flying in on a flight path that way before I even landed.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

Last night, I realized I only had two warriors across my entire account. I suddenly decided that not only did I need a third warrior, I needed it RIGHT NOW.

30 invasions later, she's level 82 now. I may die, but at least my sleep schedule is on track for the midnight launch, lol >_<
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Dannnng wish I read this before hand lol. Oh well nothing I can do now.. but I wish the large chests would give 2 items again, ive only been getting 1 for the past 4 chests.. its annoying and needs to quit it lol I have way too many to gear up now
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Xella wrote:Last night, I realized I only had two warriors across my entire account. I suddenly decided that not only did I need a third warrior, I needed it RIGHT NOW.

30 invasions later, she's level 82 now. I may die, but at least my sleep schedule is on track for the midnight launch, lol >_<
Do we need to overnight you a few dozen cases of Redbull or Rockstar Engery Drink?
Raera
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nessingwary

Unread post by Raera »

Does anyone know if you'll still be able to open the chests at 100 after the pre event is over? Once Legion has dropped? I don't think I can quite get to 100 on one of my toons but she's collected a LOT of chests that I don't want to waste. Any thoughts appreciated.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Raera wrote:Does anyone know if you'll still be able to open the chests at 100 after the pre event is over? Once Legion has dropped? I don't think I can quite get to 100 on one of my toons but she's collected a LOT of chests that I don't want to waste. Any thoughts appreciated.
No clue, though they don't seem to be flagged as requiring the legion pre-launch event or anything along those lines. If you have any heirloom gear that gives bonus experience up to level 100, even if it's the wrong armor type but you can still equip it (did that with leather pieces for my Hunter and DK), use it along with any experience bonus potions you have or can cheaply get.
Raera
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nessingwary

Unread post by Raera »

Thanks, Sigrah. I am using all heirloom gear so I don't really need or want to use what's in the chests now. Just be nice to have 700 gear when I hit 100. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Hope they still sell for something at least :)
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

Sigrah wrote:
Xella wrote:Last night, I realized I only had two warriors across my entire account. I suddenly decided that not only did I need a third warrior, I needed it RIGHT NOW.

Do we need to overnight you a few dozen cases of Redbull or Rockstar Engery Drink?
I'm allergic to caffeine so that might do more harm than good, but I definitely appreciate the sentiment! haha
(it's only 8pm why am I awake I mean I guess this gives me time for breakfast and more invasions but uuuuuurgh lol)