Is this bannable?

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Is this bannable?

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I have an account I made for the RAF Cindermane Charger mount and plan on using it to help with other things but what I am wondering is can I use it to farm those coins on Timeless Isle where my main account kills my RAF account over and over since Blizzard should know it is my account under the same Battle Tag name and such.

I don't want to start doing this until I am sure there will be no trouble and thank you for answers.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Is this bannable?

Unread post by Sukurachi »

as long as you are not using any sort of script that makes one account function without you doing anything, then there's no problem.

in other words, you have to be controlling both accounts.

I have multiple WoW accounts, 3 on 1 battle.net, and a 4th on anther battle.net.
I use them two by two, one on each computer (I actually have three PCs at my work desk).
I've done a tiny bit of PvP against myself in a quiet corner of the world to accrue honor points back when, and it was not an issue then. I don't see why it would be an issue now.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

I don't think so, because you're still doing all the work of killing.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

As the others have said I think it's fine too. People have kill traded for that with friends for ages with no repercussions. And people are allowed to multibox to their hearts' content. So what you're doing seems pretty trivial :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

"Technically that would be called win-trading and that is not allowed. It goes against the spirit of the game."

I just saw this as a response to the same question I asked on the forums and am now wondering what is win trading and how can me controlling both accounts and both characters be called that?
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Iowawolf wrote:"Technically that would be called win-trading and that is not allowed. It goes against the spirit of the game."

I just saw this as a response to the same question I asked on the forums and am now wondering what is win trading and how can me controlling both accounts and both characters be called that?
That issue in particular is mostly applied to kill-trading/win-trading in ranked battle grounds, arena ratings, and stuff where PVP competition is in full force. Swapping kills for honor badges is hardly something they care about unless you're exploiting it using scripts and other stuff.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Sigrah wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:"Technically that would be called win-trading and that is not allowed. It goes against the spirit of the game."

That issue in particular is mostly applied to kill-trading/win-trading in ranked battle grounds, arena ratings, and stuff where PVP competition is in full force. Swapping kills for honor badges is hardly something they care about unless you're exploiting it using scripts and other stuff.
Oh ok thank you for clearing that up least now I know what it means and since I am using both accounts and never use scripts or anything to exploit I don't think it will be a problem but to be safe I made a ticket asking Blizzard.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I know this topic has died down but thought I would share something since after making a thread on the forums and basically having it devolve into an argument about win trading I went right to the source and asked Blizzard to say the least I was bit surprised when I got their answer and no it wasn't a canned reply as many claim they get.

I will post both my ticket and then their answer to my ticket.

"What exactly is win trading and how can me taking my RAF alt and my main alt to Timeless Isle to have my own alts fight to farm those coins be called win trading?

This is the question I have been wondering since last night I asked on the forums if it was bannable but the only answers I got were based on this win trading and then the topic devolved into an argument so I let it die out. Upon doing some research on this win trading I learned it mostly has to do with rated BGs and Arenas which as a PVE "carebear" I will never want to do because for one I can not stand having to fight another player when am used to fighting things I can learn the pattern of.

Before the topic got derailed into fighting I was told it was bannable but again how does that relate to me killing my own alt?

What I am hoping to do is this, as you know I have a RAF account I created for the Cindermane Charger and to help my main account with certain things like the DK quests in ICC among other things and was hoping to farm bloody coins by taking my RAF alt along with my main to Timeless Isle where I will control both characters having my main kill my RAF over and over. But was then told it was win trading and yet no one really explained to me what this really means and again how does it affect me and my RAF.

When I made my RAF I set it so only I can access it being under my main account so if anyone did try I would be kicked off game and would know I was being compromised so that isn't an issue here but wasn't able to mention that on the forum topic due to it being a argument over something I have no idea what it is.

So can you please explain to me what win trading is and why on both of my accounts I control would I not be allowed to do it again when I am in control of both alts?"

This was what I got as a reply to my ticket quite a surprise.

"Thanks for hanging in there for my response. With Legion's invasion on the rise and the demon Armada at our doorstep we have had our hands full here at Blizzard. But The Game Masters will leave no question unanswered, and no request goes ignored. That said, I do apologize for any wait that you have had.

You're actually close, and you did the right thing by going to the forums. They can be a little argumentative sometimes, but the community does look out for each other, and they wouldn't tell you to do something if they thought you would get in trouble for it.

Win trading is like you said, when two teams agree that one of them will purposefully lose matches in PVP so that the other team gets the winning rewards, and then they will usually swap, and then the other team will purposefully lose.

While what you're saying isn't exactly that, I can see how other players would think that it's abusive. Because Blood coins are meant to be a reward of going against another player in PVP and winning, and you are getting it effectively for free.

That being said, it isn't something that we will action your account for. It is an interesting use of game mechanics, but not abuse as long as nothing is automated. You are paying for those accounts and you can play them both, and the characters withing them, however you choose as long as it does not exploit the game, or it's players.

We really appreciate your patience and as always, let us know if you encounter any other problems moving forward and we'll do our best to help you out.

Take care,"

So as long as I don't use any automated stuff like bots or what not it is safe for me to do this and well having my account since Wrath there is no chance in hell I want to get on their bad side only things I use when I play are add ons and if Blizzard doesn't like a certain add on they break it so no one can use it.

Like I said I was taken aback when I read this cause I was thinking they would tell me the same things I was being told on the forums so it is good to know Blizzard does allow certain things as long as we still play by their rules which I have no problems with doing.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Great to hear :) Thanks for posting that!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.