Flying in Legion?

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Flying in Legion?

Unread post by Rhyela »

As the title suggests, I was wondering if there'll be flying in Legion, or if it'll get the WoD treatment. I honestly haven't seen any mention of this, nor have I thought to ask until now. Just curious!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Flying in Legion?

Unread post by Lupen202 »

We're able to work on the first part of the achievement as soon as Legion launches. You can view it in your achievements already actually, under exploration -> legion.

But since it's only part 1 of 2, it only increases mount speed. I'm not sure when the 2nd part will be available, maybe 7.1? I honestly haven't kept up with all the Legion news... just want to learn as I go.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Shows how much I pay attention. :lol: Thank you, Lupen!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I'd rather just pay some gold and be given it tbh.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Kayb wrote:I'd rather just pay some gold and be given it tbh.
Me too, but Blizzard wants you to admire all those happy little trees whether you want to or not.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I do appreciate the exploration requirement, since the current *lack* of flying is supposed to keep the experience less trivial and more as intended. So I do get why they'd only offer flying once you've beaten that. I know that questing every zone to completion isn't for everyone though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Wain wrote:I do appreciate the exploration requirement, since the current *lack* of flying is supposed to keep the experience less trivial and more as intended. So I do get why they'd only offer flying once you've beaten that. I know that questing every zone to completion isn't for everyone though.
I pretty much fall into that category Wain. It's not that I don't appreciate artwork (I watch Bob Ross marathons practically every Monday on Twitch), it's that being grounded after a week or two gets old really, really quick. I burn out faster having to run around and find my way through a *bleep* ton of obstacles and other stuff trying to reach one quest after the next than I do from the work of grinding them out, especially when you add in dailies, weeklies, world bosses, etc. on top of it when you hit max level. Add in all those alts as well, and holy *bleep*.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Then they could leave flying out until the first major content patch and then present it for purchase rather than grind stupid reps or get some achievement.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm good with the Broken Isles Explorer and Loremaster of Legion. Those fit with "getting to know the place." But the others seems pointlessly difficult and make flying feel superfluous. Like "Well, you did everything. Now you can fly around looking at nothing to accomplish nothing". Why do I need to unlock all 8 armor pieces from my lodge in order to fly? Why do I have to do world quests? But the rep is the worst part. I hated it in WoD and I hate it now. Did anyone like that?
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

ugh another rep grind achive for flying.. the 1st one ive almost died entirely inside because of it..
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I wouldn't really call it a grind. There is no endless, mindless grinding of mobs like in Draenor... You already gain a fair bit of rep just by leveling and questing. I was honored with all but Dreamweavers when I finished each zone; which is also needed for Loremaster so I was working towards both.

Then at 110 it's all about world quests. World quests give about 50-250 rep per for their respective reputation, plus the emissary for the day gives you 1500. And all the while you'll be getting gear, gold and tons of artifact power.

I really don't understand why people are complaining. We have many months to complete part 1; just do the bare minimum, which is Loremaster and the emissary (aka just four quests a day), and it'll give you plenty of rep. No need to worry now and try to rush it.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |