hati turned to normal [test please?]

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

hati turned to normal [test please?]

Unread post by Qinni »

when i was getting a lighting sheep via mage and swapper hati changed to normal after sheep broke on her. could anyone confirm for me? i didnt take a screen shot but hati was a tiny version of its normal lighting wolf self.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: hati turned to normal [test please?]

Unread post by Quiv »

So your saying after swapping Hati to be a sheep, once the polymorph effect wore off your pet, Hati changed back from sheep to wolf?
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Quiv wrote:So your saying after swapping Hati to be a sheep, once the polymorph effect wore off your pet, Hati changed back from sheep to wolf?
yea. the mage thought sheeping hati would stay but when it wore off hati was back to normal again.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Was it your pet that was sheeped, or was it Hati? Sheeping Hati himself won't do anything; it needs to be the pet you're channeling the swapper on that gets sheeped in order to have Hati be a permanent sheep.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

hati was a yak. then a mage made him a sheep rather then my main pet. when the sheep wore off hati, hati went back to being a wolf.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Ohhhhh I gotcha now.

You're right, there's definitely something weird about the essence swapper and Hati and model changing spells and abilities—I got a guildmate to hex my pet (even though I'd just gotten the murky hex) and once the hex was over, Hati was back to being a lightning dog, but wasn't any smaller than I remembered him being prior to swapping him. Then I swapped him to my manashell and hexed again, and he came out of it slightly smaller, but not significantly so. Swapping him to my crane (Patrannache? I forget, the pink one from Valley of the Four Winds) made him SIGNIFICANTLY smaller.

On the fourth essence+hex (to a sporebat), he was a small lightning dog again, but when he respawned after that pet swap, he was back to a sporebat again. Despawning and respawning him has put him back at sporebat each time since.

(Edit: the size might be a consequence/side effect of whatever was causing the original essence swapper size issues, since both the manashell and the crane were ending up smaller when applied to Hati before that was fixed; my shaman buddy went to bed before I could rope him into testing it with a riverbeast since I didn't have one on me at the time, and now that it's 1am it's harder to find volunteers to test with.)

Edit 2: well, maybe not—I swapped Hati to a riverbeast and then had a friend polymorph him—when he de-poly'd, he was notably smaller than usual. I then swapped him to Thok (without dismissing and resummoning, since I already had Thok out) and he got EVEN SMALLER.

SO TINY OMG I love it! That'd definitely be skirting 'sploits though (since I'm on a PvP server, even if I don't personally PvP)

Dismissing my pet and resummoning Hati by resummoning a pet put him back at mostly-normal sized Thok-mogged, though, so not permanent.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This might be a useful thing. Did they ever add a way of removing the essence swapper effect? On the Beta there seemed to be no way of reverting Hati to his original form. At least this is a kind of way :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

Ooh I have to find a Mage to fix my Hati for me!!
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Wain wrote:This might be a useful thing. Did they ever add a way of removing the essence swapper effect? On the Beta there seemed to be no way of reverting Hati to his original form. At least this is a kind of way :)
there is no way atm. only this
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I just tried it and it worked! ...until I hearthed. Then Hati went back to being a raptor. So sad.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Tested a second time. Will not persist through hearthing.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:This might be a useful thing. Did they ever add a way of removing the essence swapper effect? On the Beta there seemed to be no way of reverting Hati to his original form. At least this is a kind of way :)
I really hope they add a way. Seems easy enough to add a dialogue to Mimiron in the Lodge to do it. I sometimes miss the old wolf!
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I'm really hoping they squeeze in a fix during today's maintenance.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

The tiny pet bug happened to me in the beta with my moose version of Hati. It persisted through hearthing, changing zones, dismissing/summoning different pets and combat, but as soon as I tried changing him with the swapper it went away. It would be nice to figure out how to get Hati small like that all the time.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Mousecandy
Realm: Us-Proudmoore

Unread post by Mousecandy »

when I swap him to any kind of stag he doesn't use the proper animations and it frustrates me cus I wanted two stags by my side, but not when one runs and the other does this awkward sped up shufflewalk
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Mousecandy wrote:when I swap him to any kind of stag he doesn't use the proper animations and it frustrates me cus I wanted two stags by my side, but not when one runs and the other does this awkward sped up shufflewalk
He does the shuffle walk with all models, but it is most notable with models like stags. I tried it out on most pet families. Cat looks most natural because it's kind of a stalking walk. Sporebat is cool because it just glides instead of doing the undulating wavy flight. Flappy animals are marginally less flappy. Turtles are kind of hilarious looking but not bad. Same with crabs. Tallstrider is great because it resembles their original posture with the head up instead of down. Most others are varying levels of ridiculous looking.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Mousecandy
Realm: Us-Proudmoore

Unread post by Mousecandy »

Helsinki wrote: He does the shuffle walk with all models, but it is most notable with models like stags. I tried it out on most pet families. Cat looks most natural because it's kind of a stalking walk. Sporebat is cool because it just glides instead of doing the undulating wavy flight. Flappy animals are marginally less flappy. Turtles are kind of hilarious looking but not bad. Same with crabs. Tallstrider is great because it resembles their original posture with the head up instead of down. Most others are varying levels of ridiculous looking.
it frustrates me to no end, cus it just breaks the feeling of running around with two pets, I can deal with sparkle pet but derp run not so much
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Mousecandy wrote:
Helsinki wrote: He does the shuffle walk with all models, but it is most notable with models like stags. I tried it out on most pet families. Cat looks most natural because it's kind of a stalking walk. Sporebat is cool because it just glides instead of doing the undulating wavy flight. Flappy animals are marginally less flappy. Turtles are kind of hilarious looking but not bad. Same with crabs. Tallstrider is great because it resembles their original posture with the head up instead of down. Most others are varying levels of ridiculous looking.
it frustrates me to no end, cus it just breaks the feeling of running around with two pets, I can deal with sparkle pet but derp run not so much

I know how you feel :( I really wanted Hati to be a stag and my main pet a doe but I prefer my stags to not walk as though they've sat on a broomstick.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary