I'm done with cats, wolves, spiders, turtles and crabs

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'm done with cats, wolves, spiders, turtles and crabs

Unread post by pop »

It seems that the only beasts blizzard care for are turtles, wolves, cats, crabs and spiders

Remember cataclysm and fire land?
Crab spirit beast, Cat spirit beasts, fire turtle, ugly turtle, spiders, stone crab and stone cat.

MOP
Turtles and cats, yay?

In draenor
Green wolf, blue wolf and wolves

Now in legion
Crabs with knives, Cat spirit beast, mech wolf, lightning wolf 2.0, mana turtle, more wolves, more cats and mech spider.

Blizzard please, more love for hyena, gorilla

Legion is the elf expansion, can't we get new Dragon hawks models, at least? Please

And mech shark/seahorse k ty
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Re: I'm done with cats, wolves, spiders, turtles and crabs

Unread post by Kayb »

I certainly agree with cats and wolves. On Draenor I can understand the wolf thing, but for at least for a good while now, I hope they ease up on acts and wolves, we've got so many already.

New models for hyenas and gorillas would be cool, as well as some new skin colours.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm always down for new spiders myself (I'm still awaiting an expansion where they make a new HD tarantula model though, it's always the skinny spider skeleton!), but I definitely agree the cats and wolves are getting...a bit dull. I'd love some more focus on unusual pet families.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Well, I got sandreavers, mushan, and shoveltusks this expansion, so I can hardly complain.

But new hyena, tallstrider, and tarantula models would be very much appreciated.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

Oh yes, a new model for tarantulas... yes please

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Equeon wrote:Well, I got sandreavers, mushan, and shoveltusks this expansion, so I can hardly complain.

But new hyena, tallstrider, and tarantula models would be very much appreciated.
Mushan, shovel tusk. Those models are already in-game. New models of those models would had been better.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

You forgot spirit porcupines for MoP! Three flavors of gummy porcupine fun...
At least the spirit moose is a refreshing change. Tho it is odd to feed fish and meat to a moose.
But those were new beasts altogether, anyway.

I cannot second tallstriders and hyenas enough. They're so neglected and so, so badly in need of work. Spirit beasts or not (tho that would be cool) please give them some love, Blizz! I'm also really disappointed that the new mech pets didn't get the mech gorilla (and all gorillas) a reskin. They re-did sheep for Tekton. What about the gorilla? She looks a bit more undead than mechanical as she is. Personally I'm in favor of reskinning every last beast and critter on Azeroth.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

Agreed. I know it's a momumental task, but everytime I see a beast get a new model, I want them all to get one. I was so happy when the lowly little Sporebats were given a new model and some new colours.

New models and skins for everyone! And while they're at it, they can give Plainstriders their old run animation back. I still hate how they straighten out their neck currently.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I cry a little every time I see my Galak Packhound next to any of the new model wolves (they're on the same skeleton) and think "that could have been you bud". :(
I agree it's a monumental task to update a model. But man. Wolves, in my opinion, didn't need a brand new model when the old ones look awful. Same with cats. I would rather see old models updated than a brand spanking new model on the same skeleton. I was quite disappointed that dragonhawks got no love. Given how huge elves are in this expansion. I mean. Even Hippogryphs got a new model!!! But no love given to vanilla beasts except bears and cats.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Jasanni
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jasanni »

I really wish they had updated some of the other models like YES HYENAS PLEASE rather than update the wolves...AGAIN...for Legion. I actually really really like the Draenor models and HATE the new ones if they don't have the storm effect. :( My troll would love for her best hyena pal to be as pretty and smooth as she is! ;) I didn't think the cats needed another model either, the Pandaria ones and the Dreadsabers are probably my favorites so far. I'm not overly fond of the Legion prowlers, there's just something off about them lol.

But yes please Blizz, give some updated model love to some of the older creatures!! ^^

~ Avatar by Blencem, Signature by Ashaine ~

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

I wish I had an updated gorilla, as he's my main tanker in solo content.
Image Image
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

zedxrgal wrote:I was quite disappointed that dragonhawks got no love. Given how huge elves are in this expansion. I mean. Even Hippogryphs got a new model!!! But no love given to vanilla beasts except bears and cats.
I would love to see upgraded hyenas when it comes to classic/vanilla monsters. Or a new kurken/omen corehound model :O

But personally I wasn't surprised by lack of Dragonhawk. Dragonhawks are more of a blood elf (maybe high elf even) creature than a Night Elven one. This expansion focuses mostly on Night Elves more than anything in terms of "Elf" lore (other than new Blood Elf demon hunters). Nightfallen are a group of Night Elves, and even if they all share a common core background, it seems that Night Elves have a pretty strong tie to the more 'classic night elf' creatures like Nightsabers, Owls, bears, and Hyppogryphs since they also seem to be tied to the Wild Gods and the druidic forms.

Course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see a new dragonhawk, I just wasn't surprised there wasn't any XD

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I would agree that cats and wolves do receive new models FAR more frequently than the others, and it's a shame if it's at the expense of other interesting things. Cats especially. We have crazy amounts of cat models.

I'm afraid I disagree that spiders, turtles and crabs receive too many new models, however.

Crabs have had two models ever, and the last update was Cataclysm.

Before we got new turtles in Pandaria we only had one model that had existed since Vanilla, and two variants on it, including the awesome fire one. But it still wasn't a lot of variety. The Pandaria update was more than warranted, and we haven't had one since.

Spiders: There are a few models, but aside from the fire spiders we got in Cata all of them are old. The artists made a new one for Legion but they decided that lore-wise they have to all be demons and can't be tamed - though in various Broken Isles storylines spiders of that model are assigned several completely unrelated origins, including one from Nightborne and one from the Burning Legion, so I don't agree with the narrow "must be demons" interpretation. Anyway, again I think a new model is more than warranted.

Not that other beasts couldn't use more love and updates, but the only ones that I think are perhaps overdone are cats and wolves.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

To be fair, dragonhawks are for blood elves, not Kaldorei. :P So no, that wouldn't fit.

However, I agree cats and wolves are overdone BUT to be fair here.....Cats are big in Kaldorei lore.

I'd love to see some older models updated though AND lower the spawn timers of rares like Loque, Skoll, Madexx, etc.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Wain wrote:The artists made a new one for Legion but they decided that lore-wise they have to all be demons and can't be tamed
I think the is a huge shame to be honest. :)
I mean. In WoD we were able to take an aberration and turn it into a tamable beast with the Felbound Wolf so why not cook something up for a spider? I love the Legion demon spiders. Broke my heart to learn they took such a gorgeous model and made them demons.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

I'm still hoping for new Wind Serpents/Serpent and Dragonhawk models or even a spirit beast myself. Tallstriders and Hyenas too.
Especially a spirit beast Wind Serpent since I have always found those guys cool.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

zedxrgal wrote:I mean. In WoD we were able to take an aberration and turn it into a tamable beast with the Felbound Wolf so why not cook something up for a spider? I love the Legion demon spiders. Broke my heart to learn they took such a gorgeous model and made them demons.
Don't lose hope! The Felbound Wolf was added in pretty late (if memory serves), so they could maybe do the same thing for the spiders at some point. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Marintha
Realm: Gorgonnash

Unread post by Marintha »

I wish more of the spirit beasts were "solid" like Loque. That's the main reason I have Loque out so much when I'm questing. He can heal himself (more than normally anyway), and is just my favorite spirit beast look.

I just don't care for the ghostly pets much. I'm a hunter not a necromancer. :P

That said, I would loooove some more small pets. Fite, my porcupine, is still one of my favorite pets simply because he's so adorable tanking monsters three times MY size.

Also did anyone just shit themselves when we couldn't tame the Unicorns? >.< Just let us tame ALL beasts, stop limiting us arbitrarily.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I dream of the day when all old models have been updated; I just hope like the corehounds they stay true to the original. But slowly but surely it is happening. I mean it's about time bears finally got some attention, and kodos.

Some that instantly come to mind are hyenas, serpents, windserpents, chimaeras, dragonhawks, gorillas, tallstriders (maybe some with more feathers?? like an emu), gazelles, silithid...

Also wouldn't mind that updated fox model to show up in the wild :/ and in multiple colors.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

GAJones4221
Realm: Malfurion

Unread post by GAJones4221 »

Not trying to be a smart ass but you failed to mention new bear models.

Edit : also raptors got new models as well ( both are kind of special in roleplay I think (dwarves have bears and rams and trolls have wind serpents and raptors )

And under a technicality I'm pretty sue the greater mana wyrn are new in legion. ( they were guardians for a blood elf location but I'm bad with names)