Essence Swapper undo?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Essence Swapper undo?

Unread post by HunterFTW »

So I want to change my essence swapped Haiti back to the normal wolf look. How do I take off the Essence Swapper from him? Or is he stuck like this until I change him to another pet look?
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: Essence Swapper undo?

Unread post by Xella »

I haven't personally tried it, but:
Rarehunter1 wrote:So if anyone wants to force reset Hati into his original skin permanently after they've changed it into another creature, you can do as follows:

Go to Skull Rock cave outside of Orgrimmar.

Get 4 stacks of Felblood from the NPC's there.

Get in melee range of the last NPC and spam this macro:

/cast Cobra Shot
/tar [insert pet's name here]
/cast Essence Swapper

And Voila! After channeling your Hati will reset to good old normal sized and normal skinned Hati.

Found it out after trying to get Demon Hati back. XD
I tested all of the other ones too. As long as you can start the channel of Essence Swapper BEFORE your pet transforms, you are guaranteed that model. d=(^_-)z ...Except the Demon Skin. Then you get good old original Hati.

Super shady how it works, but as far as I know, that is the only way to currently reset Hati back to true form after swapping it out.
(from the My Hati is undead now thread, which admittedly is getting pretty long so it'd be easy to miss, haha.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

From what I heard that way only lasts until you dismiss your pet. So I will see if it works. if not I'm gona be ticked. I WANT HAITI BACK!!!!!!

Unfortunitly me and my pet are to high to even get hit by anything. So I'll be there for hours trying to fix something that should have come with a warning. Again I WANT HAITI BACK!!!!
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Yeah try dismissing. If not, perhaps try to get them killed.

It's a known bug you can't change him back, which I find incredibly irritating they didn't bother to fix it before launch.

Glad I found out before trying it out lol.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I killed him and dismissed. NOTHING worked. I even had him change to a pet then abandonded the pet. NOTHING! I might not play for awhile till this gets sorted. Its seriously upsetting me to no end. I run around seeing hunters with Haiti and his colors only upsets me. even when I am on my main druid I see that I can't help but cry knowing that this can't be revirsed. and no warning on that dame swapper.
Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

Hey, to get the felblood stacks you just gotta kill the NPC's in Melee range. Not get hit. That's why you aren't getting stacks. XD You are making it way more difficult than it is.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

While I am waiting for my loading screen and my rage is just getting poked at. Does this REALLY work? I heard that someone tried it and it worked but once he summoned his pet again it went back to the essence swap appearance.

Also I am not amused cause this should have never been.

(PS I throw out that cursed swapper. I never want to see it again)

Edit: ok so this does work thank Celestia. However I'm never touching the swapper again. I shale be avoiding that thing like a cursed item.
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Lately they have blanket changed Hati back to original last night i was out questing and when i used the flight masters whistle Hati was back to normal this may have been what happened but i have left Hati as he is now the dark blue from having the bow on my titanstrike

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Tried the 'skull rock' trick. It works.. for a few seconds. As in, don't mount up and fly anywhere as when you land, hati will switch back to the essense swapped appearance.

This is a rather interesting and.. strange bug.

I'd rather Hati be stuck as 'non hait' than not have the essence swapper at all. (( I'm not going to lie, I swapped mine the second I got the essense swapper and had been waiting from launch to do so.)

That said, never getting Hati back seems a bit weird. There should be an ability to get him back, even if it's something like flying up to the temple in Northrend and essence swapping with a Hati there or something. You shouldn't lose Hati's skin forever the first time you essence swap.

Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

You have to let the essence swapper channel the entire way whilst Hati is still in Demon form to get the permanent normal looking Hati. If you just let the buff wear off naturally, it only gives you a temporary normal Hati that reverts when dismissed.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Ahh thank you. That took a few tries to get to work right but I appreciate it. Good to know!

Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

Well it worked... in a way.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091916_105753.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091916_105753.jpg (188.04 KiB) Viewed 4087 times
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

D'awwww! That's so weird that you have to go through such a complicated process to get the normal Hati back. And then he's not even normal. I don't understand why there isn't some way to reverse the process. But, your tiny Hati is super cute!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Oh the process works if you do it right. You just have to do it all the way. took me a number of tries but I got hati back.

Thing is.. with it as it is... I'm not sure they won't 'change it' so that 'Fix" doesn't work.. which makes me hesitant to Essence swap Hati. least I lose it forever... which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but one I kinda wonder about.

Why WOULDN'T"T they have a switch back mechanic? Seems like a pretty big bug for a class defining thing.

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Bluefire wrote:Well it worked... in a way.

I imagine if you take a flight point or something he'll pop back normal.

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Hmn, I've used the "Skull Rock" trick to swap Hati's appearance back to default multiple times in the past, but today for some reason I can't make it work. The "Stormbound" buff won't fall off from the wolf and he'd switch back to Essence Swapped appearance at any action (mounting, flying, teleporting, re-summoning, etc.).

Can anyone please check it out whether something has changed and it stopped working or if I hit a stupid moment today? :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I saw a post (about a week ago?) that they're looking at addressing a lot of the complaints about hunters. I know most of those things are about balance and enjoyment of the class, but hopefully they'll also address oversights like this. It was something pointed out by early Beta but they clearly didn't have time to look at by release. It's something that is pretty essential and highly unlikely to be intended the way it is.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

It's bizarre to me that they would create the essence swapper and not have a way to change back. At the very, very least the swapper should have a warning that it is permanent. It just seems careless and sloppy to me. It also makes me think of that old show Quantum Leap :lol: "hoping each time that the next leap would be the leap home" Poor Hati. Him and Scott Bakula's character could bond. Anyway, I'm dying to use it but I won't until I know I can get old Hati back. And to think I utterly loathed that wolf at one point...
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The way I would do it would be to have it revert if you target Hati while using it.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Dumb idea here. (I'm full of these today :roll: ) If trying to turn him back doesn't work why not just tame a Bloodstalker Alpha real quick, swap Hati with that then release the tamed wolf? I know it's not exactly Hati but it's close. Hati's natural lightning effect would lighten it up too.
Just a thought. :D :hug:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!