"Hints of a new Family Revealed at Blizzcon"?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

"Hints of a new Family Revealed at Blizzcon"?

Unread post by Rikaku »

So this title/thread is born from my curiosity from Jeremy Feasel's twitter. I posted an image of the question and his response below.

So this is the response Jeremy Feasel gives to the question regarding unicorn/saberhorns being a new family. According to the cryptic response however, it sounds like that there are images of a new family that is "revealed at Blizzcon".

I'm still digging through pictures of Blizzcon via MMO-champ and WoWhead, but it does make me wonder just what new family we may have 'seen' at Blizzcon.

So... maybe some other perceptive Petopians may spot something? If the clever community can figure out Kosumoth and the Forgotten Hippogryph, I'm sure we'll figure out this hint :D

Tweet can be viewed here:
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/795445664247222272
Attachments
mystery_family.png
mystery_family.png (51.01 KiB) Viewed 3629 times

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: "Hints of a new Family Revealed at Blizzcon"?

Unread post by Wain »

My guess is that it was revealed disguised as a class mount. Maybe the wolf-bear-eagle thing? The, er, wobeagle? That could be the reason they gave us that mount rather than the expected eagle.

Maybe "bewogle" is better. :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'd love to see the owl - lion priest mount as a wild, tameable beast. But if they did that then I imagine they'd be combined with gryphons (both are essentially raptor-cats). But if that were the case it wouldn't be so much a new family revealed, more a new member of an existing untameable group. So the wording makes me think that's less likely.

Even if they don't make them tameable I'd love to see them use owl gryphons in the zones. I think they're gorgeous work.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:My guess is that it was revealed disguised as a class mount. Maybe the wolf-bear-eagle thing? The, er, wobeagle? That could be the reason they gave us that mount rather than the expected eagle.

Maybe "bewogle" is better. :/
I thought that too, but I realized I accidentally cut off the date he posted this. He posted this well after Blizzcon was over (Sunday). So if it was the class mount, I don't think he'd be secretive about it.

I honestly wonder if, maybe, it might be Hippogryphs. The fact that he said "but look very carefully around the Internet" may be a hint that it was something we saw previously (such as when you found the Cliffwing Hippogryph tameable for a short time in Legion beta), but was also in the videos used during the Blizzcon panel. I don't know if hippogryphs are hiding in there, somewhere, but I feel it could be a chance.

But I also can't remember all the creatures we've beast lore'd that had diets but remained untameable.

The other thing I noticed, as I'm reviewing some of the footage shown for the Brawler's guild (as thats the only piece I've finished fully-rewatching/studying so far), is that there is a Beastmastery Hunter in those shots. So there are pets being shown. So I do wonder if maybe the secret is still hidden in there.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm not sure he's being secretive as much as coy, as the 7.1.5 PTR isn't up yet. Or it could even be a 7.2 thing. You're right in that it could be in any of the footage that had a hunter. So much to review!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Very very true! I mean, in the end, I could be totally misreading and this is all a wild goose chase. But at least there is one good news out of it. It does sound like Hunters do have another new family coming during some point in Legion :D

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'm gonna guess Weagles (wolf eagles) as well or Gryfowls (Owl Gryphon) from the priests mount :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

I'm gonna guess feathermanes and or falcosaurs.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

It'd be amazing if we'd see natural versions of the Owl-gryphons... I'd love to tame them, and they could share a family with gryphons & hippogryphs. If we saw some in the wild with natural colors, perhaps one day we could see more mounts using the model as well. But that's just wishful thinking...

I know it'd take away from the class mount if the model was used elsewhere, but many of the others have a resemblance to already existing mounts, and a different color scheme/armor would differentiate it enough imo. Ex. Red proto/galakras for warrior, flying cloud for mage, ICC frost wyrms for DK, forsaken horses for Lock, shado-pan tigers for monk, etc.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oooh! I'm excited to find out what this will be. :) Admittedly, I won't be very enthused if it just ends up being the hunter mount beast because I'm not really a fan of it, but there's a lot of potential untameable families out there for consideration. Hmmmmm! (the owl gryphon would be amazing though, I think it's a gorgeous looking creature)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Also, not sure about it being a new Family (Fel Beast perhaps?), but along the vein of being a little more cryptic, Blizzard has released an image of a fel kitten mini pet....

so perhaps they have also made a Fel Mum/Dad version we've yet to see?
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_090116_072950.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090116_072950.jpg (14.37 KiB) Viewed 3635 times

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote:Also, not sure about it being a new Family (Fel Beast perhaps?), but along the vein of being a little more cryptic, Blizzard has released an image of a fel kitten mini pet....

so perhaps they have also made a Fel Mum/Dad version we've yet to see?
Oh god. I mean, any new model is welcome, but I don't think they'd make another attempt at a new family of cats after Mana Sabers.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That would make the basis for an awesome fel mana saber, however!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Never say Never :lol:

­
­
­
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Jeremy's middle name is Coy. xD

I hope the introduction of a new family also means filling out the family abilities for the half that's missing them. :| I hate not being able to use the new mechanical pets because of Practical Reasons.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I'm honestly amazed that owl cats got so left out in regards to asking about pets. I feel like they get completely disregarded because of the feral hidden appearance. Nothing I've seen though shows natural ones to be anything more than wild beasts. Those are my current must haves. I'd totally tame the Wargles (Warg-Eagle) (lol) too though. I'm not sold on the Gryphowls. To me it looks like a stuffed/rubber owl head glued onto a horse/cat/whatever. But if we were getting them tamable, gryphons and hippogryphs would be excellent additions.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Gimlion wrote:I'm honestly amazed that owl cats got so left out in regards to asking about pets. I feel like they get completely disregarded because of the feral hidden appearance. Nothing I've seen though shows natural ones to be anything more than wild beasts. Those are my current must haves. I'd totally tame the Wargles (Warg-Eagle) (lol) too though. I'm not sold on the Gryphowls. To me it looks like a stuffed/rubber owl head glued onto a horse/cat/whatever. But if we were getting them tamable, gryphons and hippogryphs would be excellent additions.
That was 100% the reason they were ignored. Druid forms are off limits.

I honestly wouldn't doubt the class mounts are what he's referring to. The beast ones all have a theme to them (gryphon-ish). Owl-Gryphon, Wolf-Lizard-Gryphon, etc.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Now we need to all add cute puppy dog eyes to hippogryphs, gryphons and gryfowls (petition to have this as their official name). :lol:

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:That was 100% the reason they were ignored. Druid forms are off limits.
Out of curiosity, do you remember a source on that? Because I had a strong feeling that they aren't out of consideration for future families.

Also, old storm crows were tameable, and they even left those night elf rubber ears on them o.O
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Myzou wrote:That was 100% the reason they were ignored. Druid forms are off limits.
This isn't exactly true. The druid travel form, which is a white panderan stag became a tamable model. The only difference is that the druid has .............. armor .......... I guess you could call that gold collar. But still the same model.
I remember they used the old cheetah model too. :lol:

So I don't feel they're off limits per say. The tamable beast just wouldn't be an exact copy of a druid form. :)

Now I am really bummed though I did not get the virtual ticket. :(

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!