undiscovered secrets speculation

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

undiscovered secrets speculation

Unread post by Xota »

Muffinus keeps dropping hints that there's undiscovered secrets still in Legion, and I've had a few ideas (only some of which I've tested) and would like to hear other people's speculations. And if you've tested any of them, let us know so we could avoid spending time/effort testing the same thing again.

Here are mine (that I can remember):
1) Mail version of Big Voodoo Mask. It's got a strong shaman feel to it, and it's a leather 39 helm. I wonder if its like the defias armor, and you have to go into a troll themed dungeon with a shaman and some other gimmick (like a Sen'jin Fetish for your minipet). I haven't tested any dungeons/minipets yet.

2) Hunters sneaking into the Emerald Dreamway via the portal in the back of the druid's dream grove. The dreamway isn't part of the druid order hall, so I suspect if a non-druid were in the dreamway, they would not be booted out. The northern border of the druid's dream grove dips inward towards the portal south of the eagle network point, so there's an area of valsharah that only druids and hunters can reach.
I've tested this one. I've made it all the way to the portal, and clipped through it. So it's not (currently) active for hunters. No taming dreamway stags/does at this time.

3) Squirky has something to do with Seabreak isle, and could be already active, but nobody's figured out how to get it yet.
Attachments
hunter2dreamway.png
hunter2dreamway.png (366.61 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: undiscovered secrets speculation

Unread post by Wain »

The Dreamway was an amazing piece of dexterity, even if the portal didn't work in the end :(

Are there any known mysteries regarding Seabreak Isle? I mean, something concrete to puzzle out? Or is the investigation not up to that point yet? I haven't been back since the Beta, when it had some heavy phasing issues.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Isn't Squirky not going to be active until the anniversary begins?
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

There's nothing concrete about Seabreak Isle, just a number of circumstantial bits. It's in "The Great Sea", it has yellow murlocs called Squigglefin (Squirky could be a portmanteau of Squigglefin and Murky) and there's eggs that mouseover as "Pristine Squigglefin Egg" (but aren't clickable... yet).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote:There's nothing concrete about Seabreak Isle, just a number of circumstantial bits. It's in "The Great Sea", it has yellow murlocs called Squigglefin (Squirky could be a portmanteau of Squigglefin and Murky) and there's eggs that mouseover as "Pristine Squigglefin Egg" (but aren't clickable... yet).
Yeah it seems quite plausible!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I fully explored seabreak the other day but couldn't find anything. I killed the large murloc at the pearl, as well as the seagull named Salty but nothing dropped except junk... In addition to that & the pristine eggs, there are also 3 caged npcs - one an underlight murloc and another a tuskarr, can't remember the 3rd - as well as a human npc hanging from the mast of a ship named Weird Beard that was changed to neutral in 7.1.

Since Squirky says he comes from a pet battle though, I'm pretty stumped. Maybe something unlocks there when the anniversary is active. His tooltip used to say "november" but was then later changed to 'special time of year" after all... and the anniversary is definitely a special time of year.

Also, the egg that summons him is BoA. Normally, they're bind on pick-up... So this also makes me suspect something anniversary related.

http://www.wowdb.com/items/141316-odd-murloc-egg

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If it's anything like Kosumoth it could be something really obscure, like: speak to Fred, he says nothing. Click on a random twig, Fred suddenly talks but tells you to go away. Kill a blue frog for no reason and suddenly Fred gets chatty about his history but ultimately gives you no impetus to do anything further. For no reason whatsoever kill 148 pufferfish in different zones and eat their poison glands. Return to Fred for no reason and suddenly he gives you Squirky just because.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

... or maybe there was a story and thematic reasoning behind all the Kosumoth steps that I somehow missed? :/
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

The Kosumoth steps had a story/theme, but that didn't keep it from being super obscure. Especially the skull in the dirt. I spent like 5 minutes looking for it in the cave, plus more time looking for a second cave when I couldn't find it the first time. However, I think they've said that the Kosumoth puzzle is the most obscure one they put in.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There were 10 Nightborne that each of the orbs belonged to. They were researching the Void/Old Gods. Drek'thul, after forsaking the Fel, also began to research such things. The map behind him marked each of the locations for the orbs. After clicking on them all in the right order, you free Drek'thul from the curse and take it upon yourself.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I actually like Wain's explanation the best. Clearly Fred hates pufferfish and blue frogs, but pufferfish 148x more than frogs. :D
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

When I was swimming around with my fathom dweller mount yesterday, I happened to come across this enormous underwater clam with a big shiny pearl in the middle. It's just off the southern coast of the Warden's Isle. I don't know if it's really anything important, it could very well just be flavour, but it was just so...prominent, like it had this big clearing under there all to itself, even a little sunray glinting down toward it.

I'm not sure if it's for some quest that I haven't done yet maybe, but anyways, it was certainly interesting to find! I've never seen anything like it, and with all this talk about hidden secrets I figured it might be worth mentioning.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_110816_152857.jpg
WoWScrnShot_110816_152857.jpg (118.11 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There's a clam/pearl like that on the north coast of Azsuna that contains a murloc spirit healer for the adjacent "operation murloc" ffa pvp area. In the area there's another giant pearl (not in the water, in the middle of the area) that is cursed and when you click on it you turn into a murloc, with new abilities. When I died while in Murloc form my ghost appeared at the clam/pearl thing in the sea, and the amusing thing is that the spirit healer looks like a deep sea murloc.

So maybe there are pearl-filled clams in different parts of the sea that are linked? I haven't tried leaving the pvp area while in murloc form. I assumed it would be removed but maybe not. I also haven't tried visiting the pearl in the ocean in murloc form while alive.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Looks like the murloc transformation vanishes when you leave the pvp area. Bugger.