Patch 7.1.5 pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Xota »

I don't know if anyone else is holding out hope for reaching the dreamway for the green-brown does and stags...
ImageImage

because on the PTR, the dreamway portal still doesn't work for hunters.
Incidentally, your corpse no longer gets ported out of the Dreamgrove (but your ghost does), so you either have to take rez sickness or maybe find a druid to rez you, if you face plant.
Attachments
hoku0sec.png
hoku0sec.png (487.15 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I would be surprised if it ever does work for Hunters, since it is meant to be a Druid-only thing.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Nothing's keeping them from putting some outside the dreamway though.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

The reasons why I think it could/should be a hunter thing:
It is not easy, but not impossible to reach. That makes it a good challenge. There are unique skinned deer inside the Dreamway (they even have a special effect), making them a good prize. The border of the Dreamgrove dips in near the hunter eagle point just to the North, so hunters are well-positioned to reach the portal, compared to the other classes. The dreamway itself is not part of the order hall, so it is unlikely it boots non-druids out. In fact, during the Beta, one of the other portals (I think the one from Hyjal) wasn't checking classes, and non-druids could get in the Dreamway.

I'm not convinced it was meant to be druid-only, or even if it was that it couldn't be changed. If you think they need a lore reason to add "|| Hunter" to one portal, then the hunter PC is personally blessed by Ohn'ahra, a Wild God.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There are a few issues with this.

One: using the Hunter Eagle Point was the only way to reach it, that would force Hunters to have to choose that Trait instead of the other option.

Two: the Dreamway is meant to be a benefit to Druids. Meant to be used as a quick means of travel around Azeroth. Whether or not Non-Druids can enter is a matter of debate. The bug in beta that let non-druids get in was just that, a bug. If we want to go into the lore of it, the Dreamway has long been something that just Druids have utilized. It was where Malfurion would speak with the Green Dragonflight.

Three: though the deer are unique skinned, I wouldn't say there are something so spectacular that they need to have some challenge behind them. Blizz could just add the skin to existing deer in Val'Sharah or Stormheim. They could have it work the same way that the Hydras in Dustwallow work.