Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I just go "It'll be done when it's done" and take my time. Slow like a snail I am :lol:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Vephriel wrote:The big weekly quests also give 1500 rep, tomorrow there will be a new one, so those are a nice boost too! (I'll be getting flying tomorrow with it for sure :D )
what quests are the "weekly quests"?
like the "finish off an invasion scenario" quests?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sukurachi wrote:
Vephriel wrote:The big weekly quests also give 1500 rep, tomorrow there will be a new one, so those are a nice boost too! (I'll be getting flying tomorrow with it for sure :D )
what quests are the "weekly quests"?
like the "finish off an invasion scenario" quests?
Yes, every week there's a new 'big' quest that grants like 1500 rep and it's part of the storyline advancement. The first week was the beginning of our class thing, the second week was invasions, and tomorrow is the new order hall follower I believe.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Sukurachi wrote:well, on my server I have NOT seen 4-7 quests.
today there was a dungeon quest, and two regular dailies. and that was it.
just now an "elite word quest" showed up, except it's bugged because of a world boss, which means that quest is a no go.
All NA servers have the exact same quests, so this isn't a your server/my server thing. But they do seem to come up slow if you check frequently - quests seem to spawn at specific times. You're right about the elite quest though, that's bugged so no one can do it (and everyone's complaining) so we're all down 1 quest for today. Otherwise I picked up a little under 1k rep today so I think I'll be flying some time this upcoming week.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well, the quests coming up one after another is NOT good for people who actually have things to do during the day.
My schedule is nice, I can do a bunch of dailies when dailies restart at 11AM (sadly, it was better when it was 10AM).
But if the quests keep coming in dribs and drabs throughout the day, then I can't choose a time to actually go and play. I like being online when the server isn't quite so crowded. Early evening is the worst time because there are simply too many people, everyone's stepping on each other trying to get to mobs and quest items.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Image :mrgreen:

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

ROFLMAO

"Step on no pets!"

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sukurachi wrote:Well, the quests coming up one after another is NOT good for people who actually have things to do during the day. But if the quests keep coming in dribs and drabs throughout the day, then I can't choose a time to actually go and play.
This is how the entire expansion has been - why is it specifically an issue now? If you do a round of WQs every 24 hrs (roughly) you might not get every last WQ but you'll get 95% of them and that has been the case with all the other factions in Legion as well.

The assaults I definitely saw as an issue (and they continue to be, even after being removed from the meta) as they're a random 6 hr block of WQs that can show up in any of the 4 non-Suramar zones and at any time. I got mine done but there's a lot of people whose work and school schedules make it impossible for them, or they'll get a zone they've already done, so they're not making any progress towards the achievement. At the same time the assaults block out the existing WQs in the zone, so you can't get those done until it's over, but because there's no set schedule, you can literally have an assault start while you're in the middle of a WQ and all the mobs disappear, no more credit is given, come back in 6 hrs if you want to finish. :evil:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Up until now it hasn't been an issue because at any time there are always 5-10 quests in a zone. It was a breeze to get through the required 4 quests for any single zone.

The issue with Broken Shore is that we absolutely need 4 quests to do a hand in of resources. But the way the quests are parsed out throughout the day means that you have to keep coming back online every few hours to catch those quests that haven't spawned yet. I like to get my daily quests done early in the day, this leaves me the rest of the afternoon and the evening to get my work done. This is exactly how I've played the game for years now.

Today was the first time I logged in and there were actually 4 Broken Shore dailies up at the same time (this was shortly after maintenance). Let's see if from now on the quests are more closely grouped together.

"Step on no pets!"

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Thanks for explaining it that way, that makes sense to me if you're wanting to do a turn in each day that you could possibly be short if there aren't 4 quests up when you go to do them. I haven't done it that way, which is why I don't notice... I actually end up accumulating a few hundred war supplies at a time and then turning them all in at once. I don't pick up emissary boxes each day either - if it's not somewhere I happen to be flying by, I just skip picking it up until later. Especially with the massive amount of AP needed now for each trait, it works out better to delay turn in to get bigger AP items as rewards.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm free!!

Now watch my motivation/dedication completely plummet for getting the rest of the way to exalted. :lol:
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Sukurachi, there will be a new quest show up for you that will direct you to your Class Hall. When u get there, click on the NPC with the orange quest. Finish the quest line, and you will have a new comander and it will give you 1,500 rep with the Armies of Legionfall. Combine that with the world quest, you should get a nice chunk of progress. I got my pathfinder today, because of the quest line.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

yes, I knew about the new quest, I got a total of 1650 reputation for that plus my hand in of resources.
I'm expecting around 40-50 more resources a bit later this evening, and again tomorrow, from class hall follower missions.
It's still a very slow crawl to that magical 12,000... I'm at nearly 8,000 now.

"Step on no pets!"

AdamSavage

I would grind the chests while you can.. The more people get flying, the harder it will be on your ground mount to find them. It should be intresting to see if ore, herbs and chanting mats go down in cost now. I know I will be getting a bunch of herbs and chanting mats on my lock, once I switch over to him.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

The Krin Tore Emissary is up and now give you the option of 750 rep with Legion, upon completion.

Dr. Who Video!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

yes, I saw that! it made a big difference, as did the reputation missions from my class hall.

"Step on no pets!"

AdamSavage

Sukurachi wrote:yes, I saw that! it made a big difference, as did the reputation missions from my class hall.
How far off are you now ?

Dr. Who Video!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I believe I am very slightly over 1,000 away.

"Step on no pets!"

AdamSavage

Sukurachi wrote:I believe I am very slightly over 1,000 away.
You're almost there then!

Dr. Who Video!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

It doesn't really help the rep issue, but there's a very handy spreadsheet that lists when the invasions are going to start and end. It can't track which zone it's gonna be in (that's random), but if you've got wiggle room in your playtime it can tell you when the invasion will be happening if that's something you want to work around.

For example, the next invasion on NA servers will be tonight at 7:30pm pacific (10:30pm eastern), and will last 'til 1:30am pacific (4:30am eastern).

It's also worth mentioning that once you DO get flying (which I did last night, as a chorus of angels descended from above and sang heavenly hymns), the invasions are pretty fantastic exp for characters that can do Legion content but aren't 110 yet; you don't get to do the end scenario (oops speaking of which there's weapon transmog from the scenario, I should stop ignoring them on my capped characters) but the world quests themselves are available and were giving something like 4x the amount of exp that a regular quest at my level was giving (plus the regular WQ reward, which is usually a fairly sizeable chunk of order resources or AP or gold or more experience).

Not that the amount of exp changes between having flying and not having flying, but unless you've already quested in that particular zone, flying means you don't have to waddle around Highmountain picking up flight paths and such, lol :x
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.