Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
soukyugurentai
Realm: US-BlizzardPrison

Re: Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Unread post by soukyugurentai »

Lupen202 wrote:
Also, someone in the discord found this... but maybe for gon instead

http://www.wowdb.com/objects/269796-spectral-eggshell
Ok so you're going to tell us someone found something but not say where? Is that how this is going to go?
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

By 'found this', they mean 'in the database'.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I just find it to be odd, that there's absolutely nothing that would point us in even roughly the right direction. Lightning Paw and the two stealthed mechanical dogs had clues right at the Hunter hall, why not these two? It feels rather absurd that we're supposed to blindly scour the entire world for these two objects on the assumption that they even exist in game.

soukyugurentai, they probably found it on wowhead or wowdb, same as where the feather was found. If someone knew where these objects were, I have no doubt they would've announced it by now.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Lightning Paw and the two mech wolves are the exceptions. Snowblind, the Wolfhawks, Netherbeak, Very Lost Feathermane Kitten, etc. have no hints as to where they are. I suspect that if Gon, Lalathin, and the Lost Spectral Gryphon are not found soon, that we may get a hint of some sort. But for now, we just have to keep looking.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Valnaaros wrote:Lightning Paw and the two mech wolves are the exceptions. Snowblind, the Wolfhawks, Netherbeak, Very Lost Feathermane Kitten, etc. have no hints as to where they are. I suspect that if Gon, Lalathin, and the Lost Spectral Gryphon are not found soon, that we may get a hint of some sort. But for now, we just have to keep looking.
I hope so. We don't have nearly the manpower things like Kosumoth or the Riddler mount had.
xloudman
Realm: Eredar

Unread post by xloudman »

The pebbles were around dalaran, there was a whole list of spawn points in the secret finder discord when they thought they had something to do with the worm. They eventually moved on from them, and a new pebble spawns when one is picked up. I doubt it has anything to do with the gryphon though, unless the devs went really off the wall and you have to make a perfect circle with them to protect the gryphon spirit like that bear fish thing from spongebob.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Indeed. Others have tried to convince thr Secret Finders to help us, but they are either not interested or too busy finding other secrets. Can't blame them, seeing as these pets are a Hunter-only thing, whereas most other secrets give something to all classes.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

xloudman wrote:The pebbles were around dalaran, there was a whole list of spawn points in the secret finder discord when they thought they had something to do with the worm. They eventually moved on from them, and a new pebble spawns when one is picked up. I doubt it has anything to do with the gryphon though, unless the devs went really off the wall and you have to make a perfect circle with them to protect the gryphon spirit like that bear fish thing from spongebob.
I doubt they're connected. If anything, the pebbles were made to act as a false lead.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Unless it's an example like... Lifting a pebble or stone should let you see the spectral feather? But who knows @_@

Does Petopia have a discord channel for the "spectral" hunt? We may not have the manpower of Riddlers discord, but I'm sure if we work together in same manner we can figure it out :)

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

That's what I was hoping Rikaku lol maybe there's something as equally tiny that'll give us a lead at the lodge...
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

http://www.wowhead.com/object=269775/spectral-feather

Spectral feather, which has the same model as other feather objects which means it can be found on the ground somewhere. Could be something, could be nothing.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Dialga wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/object=269775/spectral-feather

Spectral feather, which has the same model as other feather objects which means it can be found on the ground somewhere. Could be something, could be nothing.
I'm pretty sure it will be tied to the Gryohon. Unlike the other items that have the model, it is listed as "quest", not "container". Which hints that it is a trigger item to spawn something.At least, that's my thoughts lol

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Since these spectral objects seem promising, I was trying to do some reverse engineering with how Snowblind activates. I couldn't find "Large Nest" or any Snowblind trigger at all in the database.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Possibly, it is entirely hidden so that we can't just look in the database. If so, then the feather and eggshell may not be it. Why can we easily find them, but not the nest?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Well I'm certainly not the most proficient person with databases lol. I did notice that Snowblind NPC doesn't show up when searched, yet he is clearly in Wowhead (uses an old NPC ID, listed as not in game).

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16874/snowblind

What throws it off more is the NPC ID was added in 5.4, so it throws some of my searching off when I try to narrow down. Whatever the case, its apparently excluded from normal search results.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Quiv wrote: What throws it off more is the NPC ID was added in 5.4, so it throws some of my searching off when I try to narrow down.
It's the same with the black gryphon. They've taken a lot of old IDs and reused them for new NPCs, it seems like. Or at least a few, they have. Potentially some items as well; it's hard to tell.

It *is* a good way to hide things. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Those sneaky bastages!
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

One thing I've been thinking for a long time..... that if you have to be dead to see the object or pet? I can't imagine they'd let you tame it while dead, but you may have to interact with it while dead to spawn it while your alive.

Same with these pebbles.... wonder if you can interact with them while dead lol
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

I am continuing my search through Twilight Highlands ruins and onward to Southshore and then the Eastern Plaguelands checking for feathers...as I was only looking for the actual beast.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It has been ruled out for quite a while now that they aren't out in the open. I.e. you have to find something to spawn them, or they're stealthed.