Fenryr can be tamed!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Re: Fenryr can be tamed!

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Am I the only one who kind of feels bad he still has the spears sticking out of him? I still love him so much but the spears still sticking out of him makes me feel kind of bad for him...it is probably just me.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Quiv wrote:I'm 886 non raid gear and Fenryr phase 2 just chews through me, even with tank pet with Aspect of the Beast (Damage reduction to pet) and healing pants. Its fine for me, I wasn't super crazy for the model so I am fine waiting until I get more gear, but just reading the different experiences here from people who are doing the same thing makes me think theres still some screws loose. Grats to those who got him though!
This is why I don't even feel remotely bad about using a 'bug' to get him; my Hunter's only 875 item lvl with no healing legendaries and there's no 'skill' involved when I try to solo - mend pet just can't keep my pet alive long enough through Hymdall's auto whatever I do/use at that item level. I don't really feel it's realistic expecting people to solo Mythic after they just buffed them all (I mean I could do it on my main but certainly not any alts). Sure us low geared people could wait, but we already have enough to wait for (mage tower item level gate, feathermane AP gate, Broken shore chain, the missing pets in the other thread that haven't been found, etc).

Don't really feel like they should 'fix' anything, other than the fact that he doesn't always spawn - using dungeon soft resets was a recipe for disaster, as they were always buggy and hard to understand. They should have just made the tameable version 'respawn' in the cave after you killed the required bosses, without the reset, running out, waiting shenanigans.

If you still want him I suggest hard resetting the instance (the right click option), which will respawn all the bosses, and clearing it again (I can tell you that works because I ballsed up and acidentally hard reset mine, so we had to clear twice - whoops).

And, yes I'd also much rather see the spears removed, but he's gorgeous nonetheless (still praying for tameable Hati models/some way to transfer Hati's model to our other pet).
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

lilaughingwolf wrote:Am I the only one who kind of feels bad he still has the spears sticking out of him? I still love him so much but the spears still sticking out of him makes me feel kind of bad for him...it is probably just me.

Me too. I still love him, but I wish I could remove those. I tell myself that it's cosmetic and they aren't actually sticking him. But I'm very happy to have him. I've wanted him since I first saw his poor old beat up self. Also, he glitched a bit as Hati and was huge for a while, like boss size, which was amusing.

As for getting him, it was pretty simple. It seems I was lucky, by some accounts. I did the mythic with some friends, went out and did pet battles for half an hour, went back in and found the instance empty except for Fenryr.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_041217_054446.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041217_054446.jpg (278.91 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

lilaughingwolf wrote:Am I the only one who kind of feels bad he still has the spears sticking out of him? I still love him so much but the spears still sticking out of him makes me feel kind of bad for him...it is probably just me.
I actually was never able to look at the Lone Hunter (with sword) for long because of the sympathy paints it gave me. So I feel you! With this guy I feel a little better, but mostly because it looks like the tips are only barely sticking into his hide- and the bright glow, to me, almost looks like magical shielding of sorts, like whatever magic causes his scars to glow is protecting him.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You don't have to solo every boss, just Hymdall and Fenryr. The moment that I killed Fenryr (solo), Fenryr spawned in the cave. I literally saw him spawn. No resetting. No running out the back in. Just did the challenge and he spawned.
Rekana
Realm: US - Cenarius

Unread post by Rekana »

Valnaaros wrote:You don't have to solo every boss, just Hymdall and Fenryr. The moment that I killed Fenryr (solo), Fenryr spawned in the cave. I literally saw him spawn. No resetting. No running out the back in. Just did the challenge and he spawned.
See, that makes sense. Didn't work or happen for me, though.

I wonder if it has anything to do with me killing him inside the cave?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't think so. I killed mine right outside the cave.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Guess I'm in the minority but I like the spears. I'm a sucker for extra effects (i.e. the various fires, sword in the head) so the spears give it that look. I'm not keen on the base model, personally I like the original worgs, but glow + spears is pretty awesome, makes him look like a grizzled warrior.

Too bad "Boromir" is restricted because that was the most obvious name. :|
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

No I love the spears. He's epic. He's a fierce warrior.

Besides if you wanna role play it, pretend he got too close to fel, you accidentally hit him a couple times with an arrow, and while he's loyal he's perpetually pissed at you.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Going to try to solo. 888ilvl with healing legendary helmet and roar of the seven lions. Cross fingers it doesn't bug lol
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Nm lol buffed first Boss? Like 80m hp. Get him halfway before pet dies and I end up getting wiped before I can res, go to pop turtle either get hit by drake aoe or boss.

Anyone have a save I could bum? Lol
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

In a way yes I do because I don't like seeing any animal hurt but at the same time I look at it as she is loyal to me and got them while defending me from a sneak attack that could have killed me which is why now I got her Fenryr is my main pet.
Kich
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel, Moonglade EU

Unread post by Kich »

Figured I'd make an account for this, I am so tired and lost with this. D: I don't know what to do anymore.

First, I cleared HoV mythic with my husband, up until Fenryr, of course. Not too much trouble. I reset the instance, went to check the cave, nothing. I waited half an hour, mobs had disappeared, again nothing, so there had been a soft reset, just no wolf. We then proceeded to finish the place, though we had to start over since a few friends came help us, and with HoV fully cleared this time, there was still nothing. No wolf sleeping and waiting in the cave. I checked both caves just in case, and nothing.

Then, I decided to go try if I could solo it, using a friend's fresh lockout. My ilvl is 888 and I only have the healing helmet legendary, but I could get Hymdall down after a few attempts. I got past Fenryr's first phase after a few tries, but I just couldn't get him below 33% on the second phase. I tried so many times and that's the lowest I could get, no matter what I tried. So I just can't solo the thing, I almost can, but the last stretch is impossible for me for now, I just can't do it. I was getting way too frustrated and sad, so I had to give up.

I figured I'd go check on the original, fully cleared lockout instead. Again, nothing. All mobs are gone but the cave is empty (both caves). I waited half an hour logged out, then an hour sitting outside the instance. Nothing works, I just can't find the tamable Fenryr. It just won't spawn for me.

What am I doing wrong? 8/ I've wasted so much fruitless time on this. People are saying it hasn't been hotfixed yet either (probably), so I've no idea why the wolf won't just show up for me.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

We don't know exactly why it sometimes just won't show, but a hotfix is entirely possible. As far as I can tell, you're going about the process correctly.
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by somnomania »

I'm super unclear on how this happens now. I did a full clear of it with a group and then went back in an hour later and there was nothing there, not even the trash we'd left, and nothing at all in Fenryr's area except a few storm drakes flying around. What I'm seeing on Wowhead says it was hotfixed today and Hymdall and Fenryr HAVE to be soloed for the tameable version to show up? That's super unfair, if it's true; my ilvl is only 870, and even with a group I died repeatedly, and I'm incredibly sick of this xpac and how much content is gated behind raids and mythics. I don't play this game to do challenging things, I play it to have fun. Ugh. When I wanted more "challenge" tames, this was not what I had in mind.
SniperWolf

Unread post by SniperWolf »

Has the unintended method really been fixed yet and you have to do it solo? Can anyone confirm?
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Appears to have been hotfixed. He's not spawning in my lockout anymore.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

And I just tested it on the proper method, and it works properly. Fenryr spawns immediately after you solo him.

You can skip almost all the trash (combination of feign death and invisibility potion) and mostly just have to fight the two bosses.

You can see the boss and the newly spawned one right on top of each other:

Attachments
fenryrdefeated.jpg
fenryrdefeated.jpg (282.92 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
Last edited by Bendak on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I figured it would happen sooner rather than later. But as has been said, if you can't solo it right now, it isn't going anywhere. It'll take an ilvl of ~885 (if you're good) in order to beat Hymdall and Fenryr. Of course, the higher, the better.
Ink Dragon
Realm: icecrown, wyrmrest accord

Unread post by Ink Dragon »

Completed Mythic with a LFG group, Soft reset, had the odyn announcement but no Fenryr
Hard reset + Waited 30 min. Came in still cleared, got the announcement. Still no Fenryr.

So looks like it's probably been hotfixed.

On a side note I think the odyn pop up just happens when you ender the area