Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Unread post by Vephriel »

Natisah wrote:
Rhaenia wrote:Trying to get this thing as a Hordie is a suicide mission. Not that I expect them to be, but the Alliance Hunters on my server are not nice.
Omg. I know! I've been camping a hour and any time I get too close, one of them will attack me. I'm getting so fed up with this. I really hope Blizz has some more spawn points or something.
I've been thinking about the multiple spawn points theory and I have a feeling...there might not be any. Stormwind and Orgrimmar are such iconic locations, it would be odd to have some in major cities and then some out in other parts of the world. And if there were multiple spawn points within the cities themselves, I feel like we would have seen/heard of them by now with all of the people out looking. Plus, every hunter so far seems to have found Gon's egg and the gryphon's feather in the exact same location. That would suggest to me that they are the only spawn locations that exist, or else it would be a bit more randomized across different servers, and there would be people who wouldn't be finding it at the initially announced ones, if that makes sense?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It does. Everyone that has gotten Gon or the Gryphon have found them in the exact same spot as everyone else. This is just a case of a long respawn and only one spot to camp. It's hard to swallow, but if you didn't get it before the rush of people, it would be best to just wait until a time of day when there isn't anyone around, or wait until the hype goes away. It is not worth it to camp for hours, only for one of them to be spawned then immediately killed.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Valnaaros wrote:This is just a case of a long respawn and only one spot to camp. It's hard to swallow, but if you didn't get it before the rush of people, it would be best to just wait until a time of day when there isn't anyone around, or wait until the hype goes away. It is not worth it to camp for hours, only for one of them to be spawned then immediately killed.
Does anyone know if server hopping would work?
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

The rolling phasing is rather annoying. I can be standing at the spot with hardly anyone and suddenly, phase into a large group of people all on giant mounts, with toys scattered everywhere.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

I'm on a server with no other hunters (apart from myself) waiting at the spawn point. I have been here for over 6 hours with no feather spawn. I'm praying it spawns before I have to raid in 2 hours from now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've set both new Spirit Beasts as min. level 110. If anyone finds they can tame them lower please let me know :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Natisah wrote:
Rhaenia wrote:Trying to get this thing as a Hordie is a suicide mission. Not that I expect them to be, but the Alliance Hunters on my server are not nice.
Omg. I know! I've been camping a hour and any time I get too close, one of them will attack me. I'm getting so fed up with this. I really hope Blizz has some more spawn points or something.
I'm completely gutted to be honest. I was so looking forward to the raptor (don't care much about the gryphon) and now I won't be getting it (any time remotely soon) because it's in a Horde city (where I will be ganked on sight). It's bad enough there seem to only be one spawn point and a damn long respawn timer, without putting them in PvP areas.

Super sad and extremely disappointed. :( I hate whichever dev that decided to place them in faction cities. I thought we'd moved past the badly designed long respawn, 1 spawn point massive hunter pile up rare spawns (and then to add PvP flagging to add insult to injury).
Last edited by Kaiarra on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I was lucky enough to get the griffon last night, and while I was taming, an alliance landed right next to me. They watched me for a moment, and then left. I am so thankful that i was allowed to tame without interruption. I hope others seeking these pets have similar experiences. <3
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

spawn timer on feather

Unread post by muajin »

hmm..the feather appears to be 2+ hour spawn. have friends that have camped it for 3-4h with no spawn. i think the 30min timer is not true. could be random spawn time?
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

I think right now being able to tame is getting lucky with the server phasing. Whenever I look there, there's about a dozen hunters standing on top of the spawn point (gryphon is obviously going to be killed in this case). I can never find an empty shard/phase/whatever. Also looks like the phasing is playing havoc with the respawns. It's not spawning in some phases or something, hence people waiting 5 hours and not seeing anything. Seems buggy overall (that's how you know it was added in 7.2 :lol: ).
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

I agree...I think they should either add additional spots for the feathers and eggshells to spawn that are in less congested places, or make the timer wayyy shorter. This is just crazy right now...having to enter a PVP area and then compete with 10+ other hunters from opposing factions and other servers is nuts!
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

Hi guys

Aspiring Hunter Summerhowl here, awesome job finding both Gon and the Lost Gryphon btw.

My question is now this. How much information/data have you guys collected about the spawn timers and or phasing? I am on Ravenholdt/TN and have been camping the Gryphon for some....7 hours now i reckon. with no luck. A few friends made, but no luck.

So i have a theory that either this spawn timer is 8+ hours, OR some phasing bullhunky is messing up the timers. Anyone have any sort of concrete evidence or opinion to contribute? I've just been sitting here blind so any info is helpful.
Pyris
Realm: WRA

Unread post by Pyris »

Just a PSA if u see another member of the opposite faction camping gon or the gryphon don't kill them please respect another hunters tame
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

I think Tannec Stonebeak who sells the mounts next to feather spawn should instead sell a rare spawn vendor item that you can take anywhere to use and spawn it.

Would prevent griefers....
Pyris
Realm: WRA

Unread post by Pyris »

Well then it wouldn't be rare anymore if you could just buy it
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Exactly. It still needs to have a long respawn, but make it locked to whomever clicked the feather first. Would prevent it being killed.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

Okay so who else missed the fact that I said rare spawn vendor item?

As in, it's not for sale that often.
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

I THINK they misunderstood you. but that does sound like an alright idea.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

It would appear in the vendor as often as the feather would actually show up and only one person could claim it. Every 2-8 hours or so.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

Then you could spawn it anywhere, safely lol :)

Only issue is it would have to be neutral for horde