Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFI

Unread post by pop »

I would love to tame the scorpid too on my Horde(us), if it still available
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

If you can get summoned to the required area, you might be able to find one with enough server hopping. Yesterday I went through two phases where every scorpid seemed to be untameable, then someone posted in the wow secrets discord they had some on their server, got invited and the place was full of tameable ones. I don't know if anyone is setting up summon groups anymore though. You could try searching group finder or asking in the discord. The longest they'll be able to exist is until tuesday (wed for EU) when servers restart and they all get replaced with hotfixed versions.

The pup is a funny gimmick pet, but the scorpid is actually really cool.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

If you want a fire scorpion, find two shamans for me to make a portal and pray a tamable one exists on your server. My server tapped out quick on tamables.

I still have a warlock logged out in the shaman firelands. US Horde. Find two shamans and send a whisper to my character (seen in signature, btag is full sorry. You can whisper me from any server, just use the appropriate hyphen then server name with no spaces)

I may be kind of busy for a good chunk of today, but if any last hopers are wishing for a scorp, it's a shot in the dark.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Does anyone have an invite to the secret finder discord? I'm done for now, but in the future it'd be nice.
Desertpunk
Realm: Sargerus

Unread post by Desertpunk »

so found this late and seen someone with it so came here so it has been hotfixed or is there still a chance at the scorpion? if there is any last chance to tame it im willing to try btag is Petronius#11610 tyvm!
Last edited by Desertpunk on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

Hey Guys

Summerhowl of Ravenholdt here, gonna give my 2 cents on how this went and what is still possible.

Ok, one of the biggest thing is what the hot fix did. The hot fix changed it so that you can no longer tame the scorpion and the pupper, however, there is a caveat.

But let me preface this by defining some terms you should all be familiar with. *Up* and *Down*, or *not up right now*. Describing the status if the mob (monster, beast in this case) has spawned in or not. Another thing to be aware of is the time of the hot fix. Now i'll try and explain this in words that can be understood, b/c it's kinda vague. You should also be familiar with how realm hopping works, and how phasing works.

Any Scorpion or Puppy that was Up before the Hotfix went out should still be tameable.
Like, In the instanced Firelands where the scorpions live, there are dozens of them, amongst other fire stuffs. And each realm has these, but each different realm(s) (as they are connected now) has their own plethora of these mobs. I'm not sure how many of these Scorpions across all of these different realms have re-spawned since the update went out, however knowing how this works, on a dead server like mine (Ravenholdt/TN) many of these dozens of scorpions could have existed before the hot fix went out, so a lot of them could still be tameable. This also applies to the Dreamway Pupper. However, the chance of there still being a tameable Dreamway Pup is a lot more slim, as (to my knowledge) only 3 spawn in the dreamway at any 1 time, even across all the realms, the selection of puppies up right now that are still tameable may be very slim, possibly none. However, know that this is how the mechanic works, there still might be hope.

I understand me describing this has been kind of vague, but i proved this myself first hand, with the scorpions at least. Last night even after the hot fix came out, our Luxurious Dialga was able to get me into a group. after i was summoned into the firelands, i dropped group so i would phase back into the ravenholdt/tn firelands, instead of being in whatever insanely populated version the group was in. And then i walked up to a scorpion and tamed in.

No. I cannot confirm that this is technically the same case for the puppies, but my hypothesis still stands, and i welcome anyone proving me wrong. I do not want to spread false info.

Closing Words
But based on the above information, i think my hypothesis holds true. hopefully a few of you can still get one. Remember, The Scorpions are harder to reach as you need a shaman-warlock RAF linked account, and that shaman has to be on that specific part of their order hall quest line, BUT there are dozens of scorpions in the firelands. Chances are there is still a bunch out there that are still tameable that existed before that hotfix. But as for the Dreamway Pupper, the chances are a lot more slim, as A) the area is a lot more accessible as all you need is a Druid-Warlock RAF link, and there are a lot less puppies up at one time, which means that there are less puppies up on demand, which means it is more likely that any new puppies that are currently up in the dreamway are under the effects of the new hot fix.

Best of luck to you all, and pray Blizzard drops no ban hammer.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

All you need for the shaman is for them to either be on the part of the quest, or finished with it. There's a portal back to the Firelands in the shaman order hall.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

NazzyDragon wrote:All you need for the shaman is for them to either be on the part of the quest, or finished with it. There's a portal back to the Firelands in the shaman order hall.
My Shaman and those Shamans I know that have completed that portion of the campaign can go back anytime.
Desertpunk

so does that mean if i can find someone to summon and what not and i leave group to check my server there is a chance i can still tame one? would really like to add at least one to my collection of buged tames like my oil wolf flaming boar and what not lol
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

For now, assuming there are still tamable versions up on your server. But bear in mind, once resets roll around, they'll all be gone.
Desertpunk

im not finding anyone doing any summons,what should i be looking for specifically? i read through and if anyone reading could help hit me up btag Petronius#11610 im mainly just trying to go for the scorpion havnt seen too many here just one on my server
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

haha if only my ally toon was high enough. hes only 91.
articwolfgirl
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by articwolfgirl »

Hey! If anyone still has a druid, with a RAF Warlock to help me get the wolf pupper can you message me? My battle tag is Whiteraven#1832 I will be sitting round on my hunter to see if I can get someone. (Alliance side)

My hunters 110 Ally side worgen

or can anyone confirm the hotfix that these guys arn't tameable anymore.
Last edited by articwolfgirl on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertpunk

Ditto!
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

articwolfgirl wrote:Hey! If anyone still has a druid, with a RAF Warlock to help me get the wolf pupper can you message me? My battle tag is Whiteraven#1832 I will be sitting round on my hunter to see if I can get someone. (Alliance side)

My hunters 110 Ally side worgen

or can anyone confirm the hotfix that these guys arn't tameable anymore.
i have a screenshot that i took, showing that one wasn't tameable. *as a few mentioned..some may still be tameable but slim*
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by DragonHeart »

Please let me in on this Prowler Pup tame my btag DragonHeart#1928

Horde Eitrigg-US
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

articwolfgirl
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by articwolfgirl »

muajin wrote:Image

Thankyou for this! Its really a shame these babys went away, I wasn't quick enough to snag one.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

My hunter, who was in the Emerald Dreamway, was Sleepy-Debuff-booted-out upon login about an hour ago, so I think it's safe to say this is done and done.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

articwolfgirl wrote:
muajin wrote:Image

Thankyou for this! Its really a shame these babys went away, I wasn't quick enough to snag one.
You're very welcome. As it was mentioned before, there still might be some tameable ones..though the chances are slim. Opposed to the scorpion where they would be more abundant.