Lost Spectral Gryphon Timer

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Lost Spectral Gryphon Timer

Unread post by Valka »

Does anyone have a confirmed re-spawn timer on the feather yet? I am on a very low population server sitting here, for close to 8 hours at present, with no re-spawn. I wasn't the one who clicked it initially so who know's how many hours before I started camping it was. Would be nice to know if there are any confirmed re-spawn timers yet.

It's raid time for me in 1 hour and I really don't want to leave my camp, but duty calls. Hopefully it's up by then.
Attachments
Picture of my character having an emotional breakdown next to an empty nest.
Picture of my character having an emotional breakdown next to an empty nest.
Capture.PNG (574.86 KiB) Viewed 4261 times

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Re: Lost Spectral Gryphon Timer

Unread post by muajin »

8hours....ouch. I heard 2+. I wonder if the raptor is the same, i got mine after 30mins or so. *who knows how much time was before that* i see other servers crammed with campers at the raptor one.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Can't speak to the gryphon but the raptor is 30min-2+hours. Sat around for almost 3 hours last night with 5-15 other people (Minimum of 5 but the numbers above varied) Noone saw it come up and a few had been there (They said) an hour before I got there.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I sat by the spot for awhile last night. Tabbed out briefly to make sure I was in the right place, tabbed back in and there were -two- noofs standing on it. My reflexes aren't exactly lightning fast and I wouldn't put it past 'em to grief me so I just left.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

My spawn took over two hours, but I know I swapped server shards a few times. I forgot what time I actually got online, so I don't have an exact timer, nor do I know how long prior to me getting there was a feather picked up. But yeh, like with most things in game, the spawn timers are going to wildly fluctuate because of the crz and sharding.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

What's sharding?
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Xylexia wrote:What's sharding?
It's a type of phasing they added in Warlords.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Valka »

Ended up waiting for over 12 hours in the same zone with no spawn, my guess is that it was bugged as some others have described.

Zealouslynx

Unread post by Zealouslynx »

I waited a total of seven hours one night, while another hunter waited about six more after me for a spawn. I think this one is going to be really difficult for us to pin point, as the sharding is how I ended up meeting more hunters. I was alone in a phase, which was great since I was Horde, but then suddenly, a few hunters spawned in right on top of me.

I know the first night, on Wyrmrest Accord, there was a queue in order to make the taming nice and orderly, and not a single person got the tame despite us all together waiting well over twelve, to fourteen hours. I'm trying to collect as much data as I can, and keep in contact with Alliance hunters, but its hard to tell here. :(
Lia

Unread post by Lia »

I waited for at least twelve hours to get my tame. I was grouped onto a quieter server, so I'm pretty sure no sharding happened while I waited. The spawn may have been longer than twelve hours, as it was already despawned when I got there.

Currently camping Gon. I've been wondering if there's some sort of tie between the two spawns that might explain why it seems to appear at different or unusually long times.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Valka »

Lia wrote:I've been wondering if there's some sort of tie between the two spawns that might explain why it seems to appear at different or unusually long times.
I've seen a few people wonder the same thing, and honestly I have no idea. It could possibly be similar to how Wrath rares worked where only a few could be up at a time, but if you killed one the next one would spawn.

Hoshkar
Realm: Twsiting Nether - US

Unread post by Hoshkar »

Between me and 2 other hunters we timed the spawn taking 12 hours :(

What I want to know is how people are server hopping to my realm, cause no one is in Stormwind other than myself a lot of them time (when I check).... Who are they using to hop with no one in the zone?!?!
Zealouslynx

Unread post by Zealouslynx »

For those interested, and those that are on Wyrmrest Accord, he was tamed at 9:10 server. Right as they were coming up, I believe.

Good luck to other folks, he's beautiful. :mrgreen:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Don't feel TOO bad. People are camping the Alliance one and preventing -other Alliance- from getting it too. From killing it first (as you mentioned), to parking giant mounts/toys on it, you name it. It's less 'alliance being jerks' and more 'jerks being jerks'.

For that matter people have been squatting the raptor point too, and I think the only reason no one parks their yak/mammoth on it while wearing a Gamon disguise is that I think the low roof prevents it. Meh.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket