Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFI

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I can't even describe how bummed I am. I finally got a tame that was later fixed, like the slime and direhorn which I missed out on... and now fun was detected and they changed it.

I don't understand why the direhorn still exists yet this pup had to be fixed. It's not game breaking, it's not everywhere, it's not even as oversized as the direhorn. God I'm pissed. :( Was getting so many questions and comments on it...

I have Hati as the pup still but it's not the same.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I don't understand why the direhorn still exists yet this pup had to be fixed. It's not game breaking, it's not everywhere, it's not even as oversized as the direhorn
Exactly!

I was going to Puppify Hati again, but that'll probably be reverted too like the Murlok Hati etc....
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Lupen202 wrote:I don't understand why the direhorn still exists yet this pup had to be fixed. It's not game breaking, it's not everywhere, it's not even as oversized as the direhorn.
I was going to say this, actually. It may be because more people tamed it, but eh.

Doesn't matter, still got badass scorp I guess.

500k says they make it a tamable model within a few patches though, or delete that too. :( New dev team hates fun. Ya hear that, captain lurker dev? Got to keep a NON BEAST OOZE, maggot, ghost wolf, direhorn baby, but this ain't okay? Ya'll hate fun.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

Man I'm bummed out about this. I hate the way that they unevenly enforce things like this. They let every other weird tame slide, but this is the one they crack down on? Sucks.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Lee wrote:Man I'm bummed out about this. I hate the way that they unevenly enforce things like this. They let every other weird tame slide, but this is the one they crack down on? Sucks.
I would hazard a guess it's because of the # of people that got it.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I still haven't seen that many. Maybe a hundred people or so got it total ? It's just a wolf, just slightly larger. It's just bullshit either way.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Lupen202 wrote:I still haven't seen that many. Maybe a hundred people or so got it total ? It's just a wolf, just slightly larger. It's just bullshit either way.
WAYYY more. I've seen PLENTY on my server.

It's a hell of a lot more than the direhorn, is my point. I ain't saying it's not unfun, cuz it def ain't fun, but just trying to find some reasoning.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm not the least bit surprised they changed it. What surprises me is the inconsistency in what they change or revert. That irritates me more than the change itself. Why take one away but not the others? It feels like they are blindfolded throwing at a dart board to determine which "exploit" is ok to keep and which isnt.
Last edited by Quiv on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Quiv wrote:I'm not the least bit surprised they changed it. What surprises me is the inconsistency. That irritates me more than the change itself.
Yeah, I hate it too. If ya ain't gonna fix older stuff, don't fix newer stuff (of a similar vein, and this is just that).

Hoshkar
Realm: Twsiting Nether - US

Unread post by Hoshkar »

Was a puppy till about 5 minutes ago for me, I landed and it was the old boring grey worg model now.... At least my Hati is still the puppy, for how ever long that may last... I woulda ranther taken a 3 day ban than the model getting changed QQ

RIP puppies, blizzard has killed you.

Yes....Blizzard loves killing puppies, we now have PROOF!!!!!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm not surprised they changed it, and warned everyone on the first page that there was a good chance they would. Why they changed this and not the Dire Horn? I do not exactly know. There was a lot more people that got it than the Dire Horn. People were also paying Gold and RL money either for a group or for boosts.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Valnaaros wrote:I'm not surprised they changed it, and warned everyone on the first page that there was a good chance they would. Why they changed this and not the Dire Horn? I do not exactly know. There was a lot more people that got it than the Dire Horn. People were also paying Gold and RL money either for a group or for boosts.
I mean people did the same thing for CM mogs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And they're still selling Nighthold runs in Group Finger, quite blatantly. I don't know why they did it, really. Seems like it's ticking off a lot of people with no reward, especially since there's still people running around with Oozes which are in no way a hunter pet. Seems to be favoring old players over new ones who wanted something special - and their subs aren't in great condition as is.

And there's a big difference between exploiting for gain or to get under the world to attack people and exploiting to get a cute puppy model as a pet. Treating all exploits black and white is very.... :roll:

They won't change it back, I'm 100% sure. But I support outlash to pressure them not to do it again.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

That's crap. It's not game breaking, and it's not giving you an advantage over other players, so why change it? Glad I have hati pup, but still, they'll probably find a way to revert that too.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

Also, considering they probably made a nice chunk of money off raf accounts you'd think they'd go easy on this..
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

Xylexia wrote:That's crap. It's not game breaking, and it's not giving you an advantage over other players, so why change it? Glad I have hati pup, but still, they'll probably find a way to revert that too.
glad my hati still has it. long live the puppy that once was!
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

This is going to sound really horrible and make me unliked which is fine.

What I fail to understand is why people are so butt hurt it was removed /changed.

Tamers KNEW going into this it probably wasn't going to last and get changed. You know the risks. Yet you QQ and say Blizzard is horrible because they hotfixed and model changed a exploit.

There is zero reason to badmouth Blizzard or be upset with them for the choices made when exploit taming anything.

Sorry just being honest.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

We did not, in all the history of glitched tames only one pet has ever been changed/taken away, how can you say "Tamers KNEW going into this it probably wasn't going to last and get changed."? :| :mrgreen:

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

I think someone just likes to say "I told you so" which is very haughty and uncalled for since there is no precedent for this with the exception of ONE pet out of how many retired shouldn't- have- been-tameable pets? If people can get freaking slimes and keep them I call bullshit.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Exploit taming anything has a risk of it being taken away. Period. Whether Blizzard chooses or not to hotfix it and take it away, that I cannot speak for. Taking away seems very hit and miss.

pg 1
Valnaaros wrote:I can see this getting hotfixed very, very quickly, and quite possibly a removal of pets. Though people can do what they want, I recommend not repeating this method. If only to prevent getting attached to something that may be taken away.

Wain wrote:I have to hand it to you that's very creative! :). I suspect they won't want them to be tameable quite that way, more they probably won't want other classes getting into class-restricted areas, but I guess we wait and see. Just treat it with caution for now.

Those to me seems like warnings no?

Pg 3
Wain wrote:Just be careful when you spend a lot of money on this. They may let you keep it, but who knows? From memory, sometimes "baby" pets have later been mutated into adults. I'd hate for anyone to spend a lot of money and something like that happens. Maybe it won't, and definitely I'm not saying don't do it, but just be aware there's always a risk when you're taming something that is clearly unintentional.

I could go on.

But my point remains valid. Risks were known. Can't say they weren't. Just because Blizzard didn't fix some of the others doesn't mean all exploit tames are exempt.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

This isn't the first pet to be taken away. I had both my grubs (the green and red maggot worms) removed without an explanation quite a while after they made them untameable. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I feel for the people who lost their pups, but be glad you could enjoy it for a bit. I'm glad that the scorps are still around, but I won't be surprised if they're removed, so I'm just using mine as much as I can while I can.
Last edited by Teigan on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.