Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gigabear
Realm: Suramar

Re: Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFI

Unread post by Gigabear »

I find the oversized nature of the pup was easily it's most endearing quality. In fact it was my intention to make him way bigger, though I didn't know about the texture settings so I never got around to it before they took them. Could have easily gotten it to the size of the lion's pride for sure.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'm sad I missed out on the puppies, but it seems odd they are hotfixing the puppies.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

Rawr wrote:ImageImage :mrgreen:
my wolf got turned into a normal one. lucky sob. hehe
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

muajin wrote:
Rawr wrote:ImageImage :mrgreen:
my wolf got turned into a normal one. lucky sob. hehe
I believe that the prior tamed pups still appear as a pup within the stable window (as shown above) according to some reports, but all pups have been visually converted out of.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

at least we get to keep the scorp.
Nyth
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Nyth »

Real shame
Valnaaros wrote:It isn't being kill joys. This came with a risk. They have done this sort of stuff before, so it was always a possibility. I'm sorry for those that grew attached to your pups, but (as I warned) you shouldn't have done so until it became clear they weren't going to remove/change them (after a couple of weeks or so).
It is being kill joy when you're clearly this inconsistent. They haven't removed pets obtained by questionable methods before.
The pup itself is not an exploit, it's not more advantageous to have than any other pet. It had the size bug, but that was not linked to the puppy but rather a bug on it's own that is reproducible with a dozen other pets as well.
The way to get to it is an exploit, close down the loophole there and just leave it be.

I'm mostly annoyed by the inconsistency of this particular pet with previous ones like the baby direhorn.

---

I guess if I never change my hati appearance I can run with at least one of these indefinitely.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You act as though Blizz did this with the sole purpose of upsetting people. That wasn't their intention. Honestly, we can only guess why Blizz decided to do this. My best guess is because of how many got it, the means through which they got it, the lengths some went (gold and rl money), and the fact thay it was a puppy.

The Dire Horn was available for a very short time, not nearly as publicized, far fewer got it, and (to my knowledge) people weren't spending gold or money to get it.
Gigabear
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Gigabear »

Valnaaros wrote:You act as though Blizz did this with the sole purpose of upsetting people. That wasn't their intention.
Are you sure? From where I'm sitting the list of valid developmental reasons for doing this is perilously short. the fact is was purely cosmetic eliminates all balance concerns from the equation. All that is left besides malice is graphical or "class fantasy" concerns. Graphical is easily fixed by applying a higher resolution texture to the model regardless of texture setting. Class fantasy is a bit more nebulous. However they ARE beasts, and it's not implausible that a wolf breed could exist which has that appereance while still remaining deadly in combat. It did originate in the emerald dream after all.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

We can't tame ___________, and thats the bottom line, because Blizzard said so! :P

Honestly, their reason for the decision goes beyond these baby pets. Why can we tame a skeleton bird but not a skeleton raptor or skeleton windserpent? Why can we tame a pile of rocks (shale spider) but not a gyreworm? Why can an NPC tame a beast family but players cannot? And on and on and on...

The reasons behind (and enforcement of) these decisions are woefully inconsistent (some even feel downright arbitrary to me). I think accusing them of ill intent is a stretch though. We have to keep in mind we don't have all the information that is influencing their decisions, and at the end of the day, they determine what is a valid reason for action, not us.

I think they could do a lot more to be transparent about these things, perhaps open up a dialogue, but we also have to keep in mind we are a subgroup of one out of 12 classes. It also behooves us to not forget all they have done for us that frankly other classes do not get to enjoy. If we are looking for evidence of intention toward hunters, there is way more good will than ill in the big picture. There are plenty of things that are concerning about this scenario, but we shouldn't miss the forest for the trees.

To be fair, I think it would behoove them (what a silly sounding word btw) to really take a look at this event. Taming these pups and scorpions wasn't a bunch of greedy players exploiting the game to gain some advantage or grief. They did it because they liked the pet and its uniqueness. I'm not saying thats enough to justify the behavior, but I think it would do them well to open up a *constructive* dialogue of some sort. Not a place for venting or hyperbole or finger pointing, just a place to talk about it. I believe theres something more to this event than the surface level "they took my puppy away!"
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Very well said, Quiv. Blizz has done a lot for us that, really, they do not have to do. We should be grateful that they have given us the hundreds of pets that they have, rather than furious at the few that have been removed for varying reasons.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Well they DIDN'T have to change this, it was a conscious effort to make people upset. :| :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

So you're saying that Blizz has no other motive than to make people upset? Thay was the sole reason? I wasn't aware that you had inside info on what goes on at Blizz HQ and the reasons behind what they do.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Well until Blizzard gives another reason then yes, this isn't the same as taming a worgen or a floor raptor/bird, those I can understand, but this just seems petty to me and Blizzard isn't an omnipotent being, it's ran by humans and humans are petty at times. :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It's an assumption, not fact. As Quiv just wrote, Blizz does far more good for us than they do bad. Lalathin, Gon, Lost Spectral Gryphon, Very Lost Feathermane Kitten, Gara, Snowblind, the three spirit porcupines, Thok, etc. I can go on and on and give mant more examples of things Blizz has done for us that never had to be done.

There is no requirement that they give us new families. No requirement for them to make challenge and hidden tames. They do it out of the kindness of their heart, even though they don't have to. Name another class they give even half as much to? You can't, because there isn't.

So instead of just assuming that Blizz has it out for us or wants to upset people, remember what they have done for us that they never had to do. Whilst it may be nice to know the reasoning behind their decision, we have to accept that we may never know.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

The thing is, Blizzard probably was thinking of the people who were already upset - the ones who may have wanted these guys, but were justifiably concerned that their accounts would be jeopardized, because the method of getting these guys was an exploit. From that standpoint, a lot of people doing something against the rules were getting rewarded for it. (and worse, I saw a couple players who got them flat-out taunting others who didn't. ) That isn't a very good standard to set, and it's been that way since the Baby Direhorn. "You didn't have a chance to cheat the system, I did, look at the neat thing I got for it".

I really think they look at it a matter of fairness to the hunter playerbase as a whole. They've BEEN clearing out buff pets with Timewalking and Arena, and from the sound of it Baby Direhorns do get removed sometimes. This isn't some sudden clear-cut flipflop, they've ALWAYS been iffy about trick tames. And "retired" pets that were simply flagged as tamable accidentally shouldn't be retired if they're to be kept. Slimes and grubs for all....and if you're gonna make a pupper tamable, make it Runty! :lol:

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Omg it was not an exploit.

Bugs can be exploited to gain an unfair advantage over players.

This wasn't a bug. Blizzard didn't think to actually classify the dreamway as part of the classhall and therefore have it kick us or any non druid out. It was an oversight. And the pup shouldn't have been tameable to begin with.

In our quest for unique pets and challenge tames they came across this using an ability that had been in the game for years.

Exploit? No. No unfair advantage gained. Period. A fun find, sure. But it is an oversight of theirs they fixed.

Would really like to see them open a dialog as to WHY. It's not like we tamed a baby DRUID...
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Well I think I am over losing my puppy and in a way I do agree with Blizzard giving us more than we ask for I mean look at Thok how so many times we ran SoO and seeing this big cool looking Devilsaur wanting to tame it yet were unable to so they decided to give us the Thokinator also the raptor and gryphon are new so they let us have something new to camp. Don't forget the feathermanes even though it is gated we still will finally get gryphon pets. And ya I bet they were thinking of those who didn't get the pets cause of risking their account not to mention those who had them flaunting it in front of others saying haha look at my puppy so if anyone is to blame it is those players who flaunted them.

Blizzard could have been really mean and banned our accounts for cheating or given us suspensions for doing this yet they took puppy away and let us keep playing sure it is heartbreaking but we will get over it and if any of you are quitting over this I think you need to look at your priorities.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is an exploit. We used a system in the game for an unintended purpose. That is what an exploit is. It isn't always about getting an advantage

Agreed, Iowa. This isn't something to quit over.
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

Ah, I just came back after a 4 month break and apparently it was the wrong time to take a break. :(

I missed the Direhorn, the easy Fenryr, and now these two tames.

Honestly, I am not really one for the cute pets, but I am upset about the scorpid.

I'll just have to get Fenryr the normal way.

Grats to all who got them though, even if just for a little while.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Xylexia wrote:Would really like to see them open a dialog as to WHY.
I know people want this but I'm 90% sure it won't ever happen. I know I wouldn't. I feel its because of it would be opening themselves up to just bitter, angry, cruel, harsh etc words. Not just from the players who lost their pups but the people who may feel Blizzard was too lenient in the punishment dealt. It's could be, as probably stated already, they feel they don't owe anyone an explanation.

Sometimes bad shit happens without explanation. Take a look at YOUR PART then move on. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!