The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found in NH

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zyne
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Re: The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin)

Unread post by Zyne »

Hmm this is going to be a difficult one to tame... :shock:
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found i

Unread post by Quiv »

I edited OP and title to reflect the new finding.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin)

Unread post by Miacoda »

Bendak wrote:So it looks like it can just be randomly AoE'd down with all the other stuff in there? http://imgur.com/W9ZgGRr

I will take a look when I raid tonight.
Yes. I saw her RIGHT before one of my guildies AOE'd over there.

We're on Elisande and will be going back to the room after Gul'dan. I also have a guildie who says there's a way to reach the room even when the world quest isn't up, but then it's a question of will she still be up.

EDIT: just saw the post saying that WQ is most likely required. Raiding and keeping up with the internet is hard.
Last edited by Miacoda on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yes, you can get down to the room by jumping from Gul'dan's area. And yes, the WQ is required. Myself and many others have searched that room multiple times. She only spawns during that particular WQ.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I extended my normal lock from a few weeks ago (fully cleared), and just like the other Nighthold world quests (where the world quest mobs respawn on a soft reset), all the stuff is there. If turtle-tame is still a thing (and I'm pretty sure it is since people keep talking about it for other things), you should be fine—you'll die immediately after taming because the mobs are packed TIGHT and they're not super soloable, but as long as the tame goes off, y'know.

Here's tracking for the minimap in the area—all red dots are 40m+ elite humanoids, the yellow dot partially hidden under my arrow is Lalathin. The humanoid that's sort of on its own west-southwesterly is a patrolling mob; you MIGHT be able to position yourself in between groups about where it is if you wait for its pat, but I feel like that might not be necessary tbh.

Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Not that I was expecting it, but Lalathin is not in LFR after defeating Guldan.
Xella wrote:I extended my normal lock from a few weeks ago (fully cleared), and just like the other Nighthold world quests (where the world quest mobs respawn on a soft reset), all the stuff is there. If turtle-tame is still a thing (and I'm pretty sure it is since people keep talking about it for other things), you should be fine—you'll die immediately after taming because the mobs are packed TIGHT and they're not super soloable, but as long as the tame goes off, y'know.

Here's tracking for the minimap in the area—all red dots are 40m+ elite humanoids, the yellow dot partially hidden under my arrow is Lalathin. The humanoid that's sort of on its own west-southwesterly is a patrolling mob; you MIGHT be able to position yourself in between groups about where it is if you wait for its pat, but I feel like that might not be necessary tbh.

So we can borrow someones cleared lockout and get it after it soft resets. Thats not too bad then if thats the case.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Xella wrote:I extended my normal lock from a few weeks ago (fully cleared), and just like the other Nighthold world quests (where the world quest mobs respawn on a soft reset), all the stuff is there. If turtle-tame is still a thing (and I'm pretty sure it is since people keep talking about it for other things), you should be fine—you'll die immediately after taming because the mobs are packed TIGHT and they're not super soloable, but as long as the tame goes off, y'know.

That all requires you to have a lockout cleared up to, at least, Trilliax, so that you can access the teleporters.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

You can actually use the teleporter without killing any bosses (assuming you've killed Elisande 4 times).

I was able to safely Camouflage to Lalathin on a fresh lockout. :headbang: Turtle tame should work fine. Only potential issue I see is some of the mobs in there can mind control. Not sure if Turtle stops that.

One last thing I will test is if it respawns after being killed (after a soft reset) because it was killed in my heroic clear. I'll try that later tonight. Edit: it does respawn

Goes without saying that I'm sure many hunters (including myself) who have the early teleporter unlocked will help others.
Attachments
lalathin.jpg
lalathin.jpg (291.73 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
Last edited by Bendak on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

True, you could get there if you have completed the quest (which I have), but that's the thing: you have to have finished the quest. For those that don't raid, it isn't an option unless you can nab someone who has.

Regardless, I still believe firmly that this could've been done much better.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I look at it this way. How long did we have to wait for Thok? Unique skin, actually a raid boss? So no one (or hardly anyone) has him while the patch is current. Eventually you'll just be able to solo to him and Bob's your uncle. Honestly, the way I'm progressing, by the time I can even buy the damn taming book I'll be able to solo NH. And I doubt I'll be able to touch Fenryr until an expac from now either.

If he respawns, however, that makes it fairly easy cakes. Get on a raid tag with a normal group, then go back when it's quiet. Need more info though.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I completely agree. Eventually, it'll be very easy to get. It's just that much more could've and should've been done in order to find and tame Lalathin.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

I can help people nab it once the WQ goes up again lol. Won't be hard to get at all.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

NazzyDragon wrote:I can help people nab it once the WQ goes up again lol. Won't be hard to get at all.
Same, I should be able to help people once the time comes, I've got the shortcut portals in both normal and heroic NH. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've added Lalathin:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... yphfelskin

Questions:

(i) can anyone confirm if she's Elite or not?

(ii) Wowhead lists eight World Quests for The Nighthold. So if I understand that correctly we'll only see her every eight weeks?
http://www.wowhead.com/nighthold-quests#0-2+1
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Carry
Realm: EU-Eonar

Unread post by Carry »

1) She's 140k hp on Normal so basicly can be oneshoted with any AoE ability.
2) Yes, when sertain WQ's on rotation.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) I just wanted to know if she was Elite for adding her data to our database, but I found a pic that reveals she's not :)

Has anyone confirmed if she respawns yet? If not there's going to be a race to ensure someone in the raid doesn't kill her, but since it's Normal and above hopefully there'll be more control over that. If it was LFR I wouldn't give her a hope in Hell.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Carry
Realm: EU-Eonar

Unread post by Carry »

Gonna record a PoV today and check her availability after soft reset.
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

Wain wrote: Has anyone confirmed if she respawns yet? If not there's going to be a race to ensure someone in the raid doesn't kill her, but since it's Normal and above hopefully there'll be more control over that. If it was LFR I wouldn't give her a hope in Hell.
She has to respawn, because of the way raid lockouts work these days. Your lockout isn't a specific instance anymore. It's merely a list of the bosses you've killed. Non-boss mobs either always spawn when a new instance is created or are tied to a boss.

Of course this doesn't even matter, because you can get to her easily from a fresh lockout as long as you have someone who's done the quest.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

It does respawn after a soft reset. No other trash was present except for the world quest stuff.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Even with groups normally being more controlled on Normal and higher, she can and will still be pulled easily. There are a lot of moba in that room - some very close to Lalathin. Further (as mentioned) some of them do MC, which would only make it harder.
Bendak wrote:It does respawn after a soft reset. No other trash was present except for the world quest stuff.
I had a feeling she would, but glad to know for certain.