Wolfhawk idle bug

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Cenarius (Alliance), Illidan (Horde)
Location: Enjoying time relaxing with my pets before exploring a new land.

Wolfhawk idle bug

Unread post by Ëlfdragon »

First off. Hi everyone, been a while. Hope you're all doing well and enjoying your new pets and mounts.

Now, on to the topic of this post. So, I just tamed my first Wolfhawk. Luckily the skin I wanted was the first to spawn for me and no one was around. So, I've been using him as my new Hati form, and I've noticed something strange. Something I'm not enjoying. Instead of every so often, like the mount, doing the "look right, then left" idle animation, my Hati is doing it constantly. Every second, looks right, looks left. Looks right, looks left. Over and over again, anytime he's not moving.
Now, thinking, maybe it's just Hati, I ran back to the class hall and grabbed out my pet. Same thing. Right, left, right, left. I hate it. It's making me feel that, instead of this big, mean half wolf half hawk beast that will claw and bite anything that attacks until it's dead, it's a timid, scared little thing that, if it wasn't for me and my other pet, would be hiding in it's cave afraid of what might come threw the entrance. It looks like it's constantly looking over it's shoulder, fearful that something will jump out at any moment... I hate it, and it makes me sad. :(

Has anyone else notice this? Is it just some bug that'll clear up soon? (I've already cleared my cache, and that did nothing) Or is it something I'm just going to have to get use to and try to ignore? I really hope it's a bug...

What are you thoughts on this?

~Elf

Thank you, Tankperson!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Wolfhawk idle bug

Unread post by Rikaku »

Actually, I was just noticing this with my Hippogryphs (both classic and new models). They seem to use their "idle" animation of pecking the ground or gaining altitude while hovering a lot. I wasn't sure if it was just hippogryphs, but I've noticed the wolfhawks (like you mentioned) doing it too. It actually seems like the Feathermane family as a whole tends to have a very high rate of using their idle-animations much like Chimaeron of the Hydra family does. But I also don't know if it's a bug or just something else weird.

I would prefer the idle animations aren't constantly 'going off', but as long as their silent and not super audible like roars or howling, then I'm not overly bothered by it either.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't have a wolfhawk but after watching my vanilla-model hippogryph for a while I can confirm that it does do the idle animations...excessively. I don't really mind much but, perhaps there is something going on in the coding? The newer hippogryph models (the ones that stand) don't seem to have this problem, nor do the owlcats from what I can tell. Hmmm, odd.
Last edited by Vephriel on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Yeah the old hippogryphs are feisty.
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yep, the wolfhawks do that constantly! I noticed when I wanted to get a screenshot the other day. I had to time it really well to get them looking ahead as they never, ever stopped swaying their heads.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Maybe they're just really paranoid.

Seriously though I noticed this as well. Its not as annoying as the constant fly, land, fly, land animation they had early in PTR but its still buggy.

Oddly the mount doesn't do it nearly as often.

Edit: My hunter isn't helping.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's like they're watching tennis :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Quiv wrote:Maybe they're just really paranoid.
Quiv wrote:Edit: My hunter isn't helping.

quiv you kill me
:lol:
funk#1402

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:It's like they're watching tennis :D
Ha! You're right.

I do hope they fix this soon. Now that I've really paid attention to it, its bugging me even more.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I decided to tweet the devs about this, so fingers crossed that maybe they'll give it a look? We can hope :)

PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

It really just highlights more and more the awful wyvern skeleton. Look at their ears! it's like they're separate from the head! One of the wings sticks out to the side all weird too when they're grounded. I will admit they don't look as bad as I thought they would in flight, but on the ground... eugh.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

PrimalTazza wrote:It really just highlights more and more the awful wyvern skeleton. Look at their ears! it's like they're separate from the head! One of the wings sticks out to the side all weird too when they're grounded. I will admit they don't look as bad as I thought they would in flight, but on the ground... eugh.
Wolfhawks use multiple skeletons. Their regular running is the nightsaber model (hence the back and forth head movements), the flying is the wyvern model, and their attack is something else I can't remember. How it works at all I'll never understand.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I know this is irrelevant and all that but I really want to use my wolfhawk but it’s idle animation bugs me too much and can’t stand it, over 2 years have passed and it still does it, I made bug reports to Blizzard too many times and will replace it with a new BFA gryphon until it’s fixed