The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found in NH

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found i

Unread post by Wain »

Great to confirm. Thanks!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

Quiv wrote:Not that I was expecting it, but Lalathin is not in LFR after defeating Guldan.
Xella wrote:I extended my normal lock from a few weeks ago (fully cleared), and just like the other Nighthold world quests (where the world quest mobs respawn on a soft reset), all the stuff is there. If turtle-tame is still a thing (and I'm pretty sure it is since people keep talking about it for other things), you should be fine—you'll die immediately after taming because the mobs are packed TIGHT and they're not super soloable, but as long as the tame goes off, y'know.

Here's tracking for the minimap in the area—all red dots are 40m+ elite humanoids, the yellow dot partially hidden under my arrow is Lalathin. The humanoid that's sort of on its own west-southwesterly is a patrolling mob; you MIGHT be able to position yourself in between groups about where it is if you wait for its pat, but I feel like that might not be necessary tbh.

So we can borrow someones cleared lockout and get it after it soft resets. Thats not too bad then if thats the case.

I would really really love to borrow a NH raid id to help tame this when we are able to. :D
Carry
Realm: EU-Eonar

Unread post by Carry »

So, basicly thats all I've gotten about Lalathin so far.
1) Neutral mob with 135937 hp and 5253-7881 damage on any NH difficulty (can be easely one-shotted with any AoE ability)
2) Can be aggroed and not killed with macro
/stopattack
/cast concussive shot
/stopattack
or
/stopattack
/cast counter shot
/stopattack
3) Can be CC'ed with frozen trap
4) Will be available only during The Nighthold: Love Tap WQ
5) Could be tamed after learning tome of Hybrid Beasts (captain Obvious's there)
6) WILL respawn after soft reset, but you should be in raid group to enter instance and adds will respawn as well. I was able to kill some adds before kiting her in duo party.
Here's small preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gfzrzt0dWE
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

If you can target her, why not just hit tame beast? :mrgreen:

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Maybe it pulls the mobs around you? So they're wailing on you while you're taming? I dunno.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Carry
Realm: EU-Eonar

Unread post by Carry »

Nachtwulf wrote:Maybe it pulls the mobs around you? So they're wailing on you while you're taming? I dunno.
Well, you shoud kill some amount of adds to get to this point)
And you need a Tome to tame it ofc.

Edit. You won't be able to tame her with turtle without killing some adds cuz they will definitely charm you.
Nessixo
Realm: Stormrage EU

Unread post by Nessixo »

Any idea when the world quest will be out or is it completely random? Also will there be any groups going to get Lalathin once it is up :D
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) I wish there was an API that gave you World Quest data / dates. If there was I could automate the site to publish when things like that were coming up. Same with mounts and festivals.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This is on an 8 week rotation, is that right? I know theres going to be a frenzy of people trying to grab lockouts, I was going to wait until it died down but 2 months for a felbird is too long lol
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I don't know about anybody else but I plan to extend an existing lockout next week, then probably (once I've got mine) pop it into the group finder every so often for other hunters who may not have an existing, eligible lockout.

(If extending doesn't work—it should, but if it doesn't—it probably won't be that hard to grab a lock anyway, but we'll see how things shake out on Tuesday. Instance servers might be pitching a fit what with Tomb and all anyway)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Nessixo
Realm: Stormrage EU

Unread post by Nessixo »

Exciting stuff :D Even if I don't get it myself I'd be happy to help others, I've got 3 traits left to get and then concordance now and then all good to go <3
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xella wrote:I don't know about anybody else but I plan to extend an existing lockout next week, then probably (once I've got mine) pop it into the group finder every so often for other hunters who may not have an existing, eligible lockout.

(If extending doesn't work—it should, but if it doesn't—it probably won't be that hard to grab a lock anyway, but we'll see how things shake out on Tuesday. Instance servers might be pitching a fit what with Tomb and all anyway)
I'll very likely be doing the same, once I know for sure extending the lock out works :)

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

I have a lockout I'm saving to see if this works, for people who are hordeside. If it works I'll be happy to bring in other people for the tame even if it's once a week.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

I won't be getting a lockout Tuesday, as I farm legendaries/AP in N NH, and will be busy as hell with the new raid tier (raid leading is hectic on a new tier every time). I'll likely have a lockout this weekend though, as I don't plan to skip my farms.

If you clear all bosses, do the WQ mobs still spawn once you reset instance? O.o

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I can confirm that extending a fully-cleared lockout will spawn the world quest mobs—and Lalathin—on live servers. Doesn't HAVE to be fully cleared, but you do need at least easy access to one of the teleporters. Wily Sycophants are the Mind Controlling mob; on my spawn there was two in a pack to the left, and one in a pack on the right. You might be able to freezing trap the solo sycophant and stand in the middle of that pack to avoid aggroing the other, but I ended up aggroing both (it took me two attempts to get her before the MC went off, but I opened her cage on the first one and didn't immediately start my tame. Not sure if you actually NEED to do that to get at her though... I was too excited to finally finish my collection, lol :P)

As a note: she is much, much, much, much more vocal than any other hippogryph currently available; she'll vocalize nearly constantly pre-tame and every time she begins her idle animation (and as you all know, feathermanes all idle animation constantly, rofl).

I can also confirm that resetting the instance (via the dropdown you get from right clicking your portrait as raid lead) will respawn Lalathin; I'm gonna stick this group into group finder (NA, Alliance, Custom: "Hunters: Lalathin Taming") for a very brief period of time here, but have to leave pretty soon so it may be gone for a bit.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xella wrote: I can also confirm that resetting the instance (via the dropdown you get from right clicking your portrait as raid lead) will respawn Lalathin; I'm gonna stick this group into group finder (NA, Alliance, Custom: "Hunters: Lalathin Taming") for a very brief period of time here, but have to leave pretty soon so it may be gone for a bit.
Ahh that's wonderful! :) I was going to ask you about this haha, but alas, you're Alliance. Congrats on the pretty tame! I'm going to see about getting a lockout today because I'm too impatient to wait.
KeyLimeSerpent
Realm: Wymrest Accord

Unread post by KeyLimeSerpent »

I thought I had a full lockout but I somehow skipped Trillax and Spellblade so... I have to get a new lock. QQ

Unless anyone hordeside has one up?
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xella wrote: As a note: she is much, much, much, much more vocal than any other hippogryph currently available; she'll vocalize nearly constantly pre-tame and every time she begins her idle animation (and as you all know, feathermanes all idle animation constantly, rofl).
Lalathin is super noisy @_@ She vocalizes probably every 10-15 seconds, and sometimes she'll do it 2-3 back to back. Gorgeous as all get-out, but IDK if I can stand it until the feathermane idle bug is fixed because wow! But she'll be great in pvp/arena XD

I just solo'd my way to Lalathin (I haven't done a full clear yet, so once I have I will be putting my lockout up for taming too), but I only needed one person just to form a raid group to get in to Nighthold. I have access to the orb, so I can skip everything and just take the teleporter near the first scorpion trash pack.

I set my spirit beast to tenacity, and solo'd the first 2 trash pack of withered. I did it with both healing legendaries and without the healing legendaries just fine, so I don't think the heals are necessary. I sent my pets at the scorpions to make sure they had all threat and ran up the ramp to the teleporter. I did it that way because when I tried to run and feign past, the scorpions did not want to reset to their original location. Once I got far enough near the orb, I feigned and had the pets play dead. I then got out of combat, clicked orb and teleported to the secret room. Once there, I dismissed pets, targeted Lalathin, and then drank the invis pot. I ran over to where lalathin was, like right up against the cage. Popped turtle and clicked on the cage, so I had the guards wailing on me. The cage unlock is super quick, so then i just hit tame, and turtle was still up.

I finished the tame in time to get mind-controlled by the guards and then shot my new pet right in the face. But I'm sure they'll forgive me. Eventually :oops:

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ahhhh I got mine! :D

I can confirm that you do NOT need to click/open the cage at all, Lalathin can be interacted with through it, so don't worry about opening it first!

I had the help of my best friend who came to distract the mobs for me. <3 I ran in first camouflaged (went MM for this tame just for that), positioned myself beside Lalathin, then popped a haste potion, tossed up aspect of the turtle, and hit tame. My friend aggroed the other mobs and I was able to finish the tame just in time!

I did do this with a heroic lockout so the mobs were probably a bit beefier, a normal mode would be easier I'm sure, but if anyone wants to use my heroic lockout anyways just let me know!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_062017_123616.png
WoWScrnShot_062017_123616.png (786.57 KiB) Viewed 3294 times