Argus Pet Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Re: Possible Argus Pets?

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

Is it just me, or do those mana rays look and awful lot like Coatl? also the hunter mythic set has a naga head and theme.... my money is that the azshara expansion leak is genuine :D, they may reuse the mana ray model/skeleton for a coatl, just remove the eyes on the back and add a forked tongue, either way it looks like a primal zerg now :D awesome.

Speaking of zerg, those hell bat things, beak with wings and a tail, anyone think the'll be tameable ?
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Well, we miss the most important point of these new models. Talbuks are back to be long-legged antelope instead of the.. weird-muscloid thing of WoD. :D

(Also, I don't remember it being added so : Argus-talbuks love cheese, bread, fungus and fruits.)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Zulmalakhan wrote:Is it just me, or do those mana rays look and awful lot like Coatl?
That's what I thought when I saw them too :) Maybe almost a more Couatl/Nether Ray combo, but pretty dam similar :D

Image Image

As I've not seen these in action yet, I'm going to guess simply from the shots taken it could be using the Dragon Hawk skeleton, which is neat as not may other things use that rig yet. I'm still hanging for a Windserpent Mount, Oh lord that would make me happy.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

Amin to that brother :D , wind serpent mount ftw, also a new more HD model using that skeleton, that looks like a cross between Hakkar and a normal wind serpent wouldn't hurt either :D, wow needs more flying snakes :D :twisted: 8-) :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Inay wrote:Well, we miss the most important point of these new models. Talbuks are back to be long-legged antelope instead of the.. weird-muscloid thing of WoD. :D

(Also, I don't remember it being added so : Argus-talbuks love cheese, bread, fungus and fruits.)
I believe I posted that earlier in the thread. If not, then thanks :). Currently, they share the same diet as other stags.

@Spiritbinder. They do use the Dragonhawk rig, and come in multiple colors. As of right now, the one with the grey back and pink belly (Arguun Darkray) is the only one found, since it is the only model available in the starting area.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

The little marsuuls look great, surprised that they have a diet. I thought they looked a little too cutesie and companion pet-like. I'm just kinda surprised in general that there's still some... "normal" and uncorrupted wildlife. Who knows what the hell's actually been happening on Argus?

EITHER WAY, happy we'll have access to things that aren't blasted with glowy-green stuff.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The felscarred Marsuul is bigger than some wolves. The "uncorrupted" Marsuuls are rather small. About the size of a cat battle pet (maybe a little bit bigger). Most likely, if they are made tamable, they'll grow in size.

As for why there is uncorrupted wildlife, I do not know. We'll probably learn more as more is added.

I do know, however, that the Panthara are losing hunting grounds for some reason and are now preying on the Krokul's talbuk.
Rubbybeanne
Realm: Trollbane

Unread post by Rubbybeanne »

I love all these oh my goodness! I better start leveling up some of my other hunters..

Those talbulks would fit perfectly in dwarf Rubys stables *w*
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Zulmalakhan wrote:Is it just me, or do those mana rays look and awful lot like Coatl?
That's what I thought when I saw them too :) Maybe almost a more Couatl/Nether Ray combo, but pretty dam similar :D

Image Image

As I've not seen these in action yet, I'm going to guess simply from the shots taken it could be using the Dragon Hawk skeleton, which is neat as not may other things use that rig yet. I'm still hanging for a Windserpent Mount, Oh lord that would make me happy.
This could be a early use of the model that maybe used for Couatl in the next expansion that is if, as its been hinted at, will be heavily focused on Azshara. Lore wise Couatl are used by the naga for aerial support, so it a possibility that blizzard has already created the model of them and is reusing it for Nether Rays.
Wolvaren
Realm: Dath'Remar

Unread post by Wolvaren »

To me the new manaray's look a lot like a transformation from a game i used to play called Scaler. It was called a Doozum, looked like this
http://imgur.com/i3RuRnS
pretty uncanny dont you think?
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Sorry if it was mentioned before, but this model also seems interesting, but something nags me that they're going to be classified as Aberrations.

I didn't see them in game or on WoWHead (although the picture is clearly from there), but Kiraser says that it is for Warp Stalkers brought from Outland by Void-touched Ethereals.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I agree. Their appearance doesn't seem natural at all. It is quite possible that they aren't even true Warp Stalkers, but are instead created entirely from the Void and take on the form of one. But even if they are classified as Beasts, they probably won't be tamable, seeing as they are adds for a boss encounter.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

No wonder, then, I didn't see them in the game yet :D

Yeah, being adds of encounter is like 100% "Not tameable" mark on the forehead of this beasie / Aberration x)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Shelassa wrote:Sorry if it was mentioned before, but this model also seems interesting, but something nags me that they're going to be classified as Aberrations.

I didn't see them in game or on WoWHead (although the picture is clearly from there), but Kiraser says that it is for Warp Stalkers brought from Outland by Void-touched Ethereals.
I posted about them earlier. I'm 99% certain they're in the new 5 man dungeon.

The final boss is a void naaru, and Alleria has a void model as well.

I'm assuming the naaru infects alleria, and that's why she's there, and the warpstalker will either be Alleria's pet, or a trash mob in the dungeon.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah well, even if the "void stalker" isn't tameable, or even a beast, for now, I'll still include it in our database since it's possible they'll add one as a future special tame, as they did Gara.

The feasels / marsuuls still seem to be one of those "maybe/maybe not" tames. Their skins are only 256x256 px, which is the same as most modern critters. Beasts are usually (but not always) 4x the size. But that doesn't preclude them from being tameable - we do have a number of pets with skins of that size, like mana wyrms, silkworms, and other crittery things.

I wish I could add official shots of all the colours of things, but there's been a chain of setbacks in getting WoW Model Viewer to work with 7.3. As soon as we get one thing working we find out something else needs updating as well. :P

The one thing I can say is that there's no new family in the database at this point, so nothing special added for marsuuls or anything. That doesn't mean one isn't coming, just that there's no framework for one yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Hopefully, there will be another NPC using the same skin or, as Wain said, a Gara-like way to get 'em. They're seriously cool looking, even without the moving liquid Void-like effect that Gara has.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Most of the Marsuuls are very small, but the Felscarred Marsuul is rather big in size. But as you said, it is hard to say which way it'll go. Just having one member of the species being big enough to be a pet is not necessarily enough to make it into a family.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Well, the fact the marsuuls have a diet coded in says there's a good chance they'll be tameable *eventually*.

If they were only added for critters, they wouldn't have a diet.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:Well, the fact the marsuuls have a diet coded in says there's a good chance they'll be tameable *eventually*.

Quite possibly. But there's always a chance it's a copy artifact. Often new things have diets / wrong creature type / wrongly tameable because (I think) someone created them by copying the data from some existing beast and modifying it. But hopefully they're tameable :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Wain wrote:
Myzou wrote:Well, the fact the marsuuls have a diet coded in says there's a good chance they'll be tameable *eventually*.

Quite possibly. But there's always a chance it's a copy artifact. Often new things have diets / wrong creature type / wrongly tameable because (I think) someone created them by copying the data from some existing beast and modifying it. But hopefully they're tameable :)
Seeing as they gave us the porcupines, I would hope we get these little critters. They are so adorable, I would love to have one as a pet. And even if they are small, would it really matter? The mechanical chicken and the mechanical squirrel are tiny and it hasn't upset PVP as far as I've heard.
Vephriel wrote:
Funk wrote:
Vephriel wrote:http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... anet17.jpg
wild talbuk spotted in the background of this screenshot!
ok but

what the fuck

is in the foreground

blizzard
They're literally mutated amalgamations of people fused into some beastlike shape, it's so messed up but also really awesome. Everything looks so cool this patch!
This is literally nightmare fuel.

*shudder*