Argus Pet Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Possible Argus Pets?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Magenta Mana Rays are tamable. The variant is used on the Umbralfins in northwestern Mac'Aree.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Rodent...? That's a new family.. yeah?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes and no. It was the Porcupine family, but the name has been changed to Rodent.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

WerebearGuy wrote:Bucktooth. Beavers have buck teeth, porcupines have buck teeth, rednecks have buck teeth, and those Marsuul look like they have some buck going on too. I'm not entomologist, but I think Bucktooth would work if Rodent is too broad.

For further reasoning: Feathermanes have feathery manes, Scalehides have scale hides, Direhorns have horns that look like they'd leave a dire wound, and so on. Calling the things Bucktooth would work in this sense.

Little late to this one....

I like this idea too. I feel Rodents may be a little... weak sounding per say. "Hang on guys, let me get my rodent to taunt that 300 foot devilsaur" :lol:

Maybe a single word name or double that refers to their craftiness and intelligence as their asset?

Single Words ~

• Skulkers
    Shrewds
    Gnashers
    Vermin
    Grapplers

Double Words ~

• Guile Biters
    Ruse Tooths
    Wile Chaws

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Glad to see we'll be getting the 'rodents'. Maybe they'll reconsider letting us tame beavers too.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Man, there's three different versions of Chitinous Cragscaler.

1. Shorter, curled horns
2. Longer, spread horns
3. OH GOD MY EYES ARE GLOWING

Haven't found any more so far. Been killing the same one over and over, as I ran out of pet space and I don't feel like hitting a stable. This will drive me nuts when I go to collect just the right Talbuk on live once I find one I'm willing to use.
Attachments
Shorter, curled
Shorter, curled
WoWScrnShot_080217_005842.jpg (81.31 KiB) Viewed 4215 times
Longer, spread
Longer, spread
WoWScrnShot_080217_005855.jpg (79.7 KiB) Viewed 4215 times
OH GOD MY EYES ARE GREEN
OH GOD MY EYES ARE GREEN
WoWScrnShot_080217_005904.jpg (82.1 KiB) Viewed 4215 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye, I posted a list about them on the previous page. I'm not sure about the eyes, however. It could just be how its head was at the time the picture was taken. At some point in an animation.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Ah, guess I missed that. Still, so many variations for just one monster? Crazy, I say.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There are a few other Talbuks that also have variations. For example, the Chitinbuk Grazers in Mac'Aree have can be either blue or tan, and can have either of the horn styles.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

WerebearGuy wrote:Man, there's three different versions of Chitinous Cragscaler.

1. Shorter, curled horns
2. Longer, spread horns
3. OH GOD MY EYES ARE GLOWING

Haven't found any more so far. Been killing the same one over and over, as I ran out of pet space and I don't feel like hitting a stable. This will drive me nuts when I go to collect just the right Talbuk on live once I find one I'm willing to use.

The one in your 3rd option can also come like that with the spread horns. I got one of the spread horns with the extra fel glow detail in the horns.

BTW, someone's a bit sleepy/bored in that pic.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wonderful pics, thanks! Looks like I'll have to remake all the talbuk pics in both horn types and we can begin gto sort out which are available.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:Wonderful pics, thanks! Looks like I'll have to remake all the talbuk pics in both horn types and we can begin gto sort out which are available.
Just an idea for this, but to lower your work load, you should probably just make a crop of both styles of horns and have it posted under their image. Like "Talbuks found on Argus can have two different types of horns.", and a picture of just any talbuk variant with both types of horns. Instead of making two versions of every Talbuk, a generic example image would work just as well.
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

Ohhh my goddddd I cannot believe the marsuul are tamable. They're so friggen cute!

Okay, I'm officially over my salt at the wolf puppy's removal, because these are easily twice as a adorable. I'll take ten!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Lee wrote:Ohhh my goddddd I cannot believe the marsuul are tamable. They're so friggen cute!

Okay, I'm officially over my salt at the wolf puppy's removal, because these are easily twice as a adorable. I'll take ten!
I may have poked Muffinus on twitter a little too much about the marsuuls, but it got them to be tameable, so sorry, not sorry. LOL.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Where are the Panthara located in PTR and what color are they meaning are they hostile to us or yellow I want to find one and tame it seeing how cute it is.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The only tamable one (Duskcloak Apex) is found at the entrance to the Petrified Forest in mideastern Krokuun.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Iowawolf wrote:Where are the Panthara located in PTR and what color are they meaning are they hostile to us or yellow I want to find one and tame it seeing how cute it is.
They occur in a bunch of places around Argus, including not far from the start. Most of them are flagged tameable, but every time you try there's some sort of trick that breaks the tame (it says they shimmer and blend into their surroundings). We haven't yet worked out how to counter this trick yet. We've tried a lot of hunter spells and obvious things like traps that stun or freeze them, flares, campfires, but nothing works. The Panthara Apex (not too far from the start area) can be tamed easily, but I suspect it's a bug and it should have the same trick.

Does anyone know an object or toy that could mark an opponent or make them glow, and cause them to be more visible? I know there were objects in WoD that could prevent rogue stealth but their use was limited to Draenor. The turnip gun is friendly target-only. Hmmm..
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Have you tried some of the flare glyphs? The ones that alter how flare looks?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Whilst it could be possible, the problem with the glyphs is that they are usually fairly expensive. Depending on the server, players would have to dish out several thousand gold in order to purchase the right one (assuming they don't have a Scribe).
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Maybe a combination of abilities?

Freezing trap + Flare
Wyvern Sting + Flare
Freezing trap + Wyvern Sting + Flare :lol:

etc.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R