Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As in the tracking you can toggle on and off via the minimap? That doesn't make a different. The Panthara doesn't stealth. Not exactly. It activates a shimmering effect that acts as though they stealthed (since it stops the tame), but you can still see them and they are still attacking you.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:As in the tracking you can toggle on and off via the minimap? That doesn't make a different. The Panthara doesn't stealth. Not exactly. It activates a shimmering effect that acts as though they stealthed (since it stops the tame), but you can still see them and they are still attacking you.
track beast, track hidden track everything
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, all of them have been used, but it doesn't make any difference.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Have you tried emotes while taming?

Maybe you need to fart so it get angry and don't shimmers :lol:
You never know with blizzard!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Odd idea:

What if it's tied to having a specific battle pet out? Twilight or one of the new argus ones.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Possible, but I doubt Blizz would ask us to spend RL money in order to tame them. And whilst other battle pets could work, not everyone participates in pet battling.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

These were basically advertised on official channels (I saw them on IV) as new tamables so it's obvious they're SUPPOSED to be available. And not that hard to get. I keep thinking it's bugged.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm thinking the same thing, Nacht. The fact that the Panthara Apex still doesn't do the emote and tame-breaking ability that the others do could be an indication that something is broken. That, or the means to tame them aren't implemented yet. And whatever the means is, I don't think it would be something hard to get.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

They really shouldn't be that hard to get. And thank you guys for your hard work. I wish I could get the PTR thing to work on this computer. It keeps setting off Kaspersky.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed, and that is why I'm wondering if it is either not implemented yet or is bugged.

Always happy to help :)
zyggie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by zyggie »

Maybe a stun (tauren thunderstomp) to knock it silly first?

instant tame like old grimtotem spirit guide?

BE's mana surge?

just throwing out wild ideas if it isnt bugged ><
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've tried a bunch of stuns, though not the tauren thunderstomp. If it's managing to to still do the shimmer thing when stunned all the other ways I don't think it's likely the thunderstomp will work :(

Also tried patting and petting it a lot, having a kitten minipet out (though not the new one as I don't have that on the PTR but I'd be shocked if they required you to buy it to tame a pet in game).

I've also tried dragging one to one of those yellow crystals that seem to be located in different places around Argus. Does anyone know what those are for? They're only small and placed seemingly randomly.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This is an example of something I wish Blizzard would take note of. I know we are immensely grateful anytime they add something to the game thats abit of a puzzle. The challenge of figuring something out is fine to me. However I'm thinking about how many people here have devoted so much time and energy to figuring this out (myself included) and it could be broken or NYI. Time completely wasted, time that could have been spent elsewhere. A little tweet or note "Hey guys, Panthara taming isn't fully working yet. It'll be ready soon!" Even in the output text, it could say "Taming NYI."

Not looking for hints or help. If its implemented and we just can't figure it out yet (similar to Skystormer), thats one thing. But if we have several bashing heads against the wall on something that can't even be accomplished yet and aren't given the simple courtesy of a heads up, thats unacceptable to me. I appreciate the neat little things they give us, and dont mind spending the time to figure them out, but if its broke or NYI, asking for a heads up isn't catering, its courtesy.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I believe it's working. I didn't want to start this thread until I was reasonably confident of that. If it turns out that it's not feel free to berate me later :P
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I completely agree, Quiv. I have spent hours trying every possible thing that I can think of in order to tame them. I have used every Hunter ability combo. I have had all of the trackings on. I have searched all three zones for a potential lootable item. I have also obtained every buff I can find, whether by an item or a mob. I have used every toy at my disposal, and every battle pet that would make even remote sense. I have even searched the DB for an item that we may need. Nothing has worked. And the fact that the Apex is still tamable, even though I am sure it is meant to be like all the other Panthara, leads me to believe that either the taming for them is bugged or not fully implemented. Too many people have tried too many things and nothing is working. This isn't some new family or a challenge tame. These are pets that are found in every zone on Argus, and they are cats. They aren't anything really special. It shouldn't be hard to find out how to tame them.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we all greatly appreciate the unique challenges and pets that have been given to us. No other class receives as much as we do. But is not at all out of line to ask for Blizz to tell us whether it is working or not. Whether it is even implemented. They don't have to give any hints, but confirm whether or not we can even tame them yet. We are spending hours searching, and it would be very annoying, to say the least, if we can't even get them yet. If wr are going to spend so much time testing this, then Blizz can and should do us the courtesy of telling us whether we can get them or not.

Further, if they are implemented, Blizz should go into the ptr and make sure it is working. There has been many times where they say something is working just fine, and it isn't. There is nothing out of line in asking Blizz for confirmation.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

I'm definitely skeptical of Blizzard's ability to implement coding correctly since a) the engine is ancient and buggy b) my hobby is exploiting said engine for unique pets and c) they've had a bad rap since MoP on saying something is working, but it isn't. It took, what, 6 months for people to realize the World Boss mounts had never dropped on live? Or the spirit off-hand wasn't on Feng's loot table? Or the LFR druid belt - probably their most annoying claim was that Lalathin was hidden in-game and let people run around wasting time when she's absurdly simple and just on a rotated world quest, making her impossible to find up to that point. Of course, they also did that for a lot of the hidden appearances too...

But I digress! I just wish Blizzard would be more straight-forward, as it feels like baiting to increase false longevity.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't think Blizz is trying to purposefully waste people's time, but they need to do two things: 1) better communication. 2) Verify themselves if something is actually working. This xpac, they have claimed that so many things were obtainable, even though they weren't. The Rogue Mask, the Shoe Shine Kit, the Rat Pack achievement, the Arms hidden skin, etc. etc. When people asked if these were working and in the game, Blizz said yes to both. Come to find out, they were all broken

The Rogue Mask was probably one of the worst, if not the worst. For over eight months, Blizz told Rogues that it was in game and working. People spent countless hours looking for it. Then, finally, in the 7.2 ptr, Blizz basically said, "We just checked, and it wasn't actually working. Fixed it!" And they only did this after Rogues bombarded the official forums till Blizz answered. And guess what? It was still broken! Blizz said it was a possible drop from the Ticket Vault, except it was dropping for no one at all. So, Blizz went back in and actually fixed it. But it took over eight months for them to check, communicate that it was broken, and fix it.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Personally, I think it'd be neat if they added a non-combat pet capturable in the hunter class hall (as our own class-pet, as *ALMOST* every other class has one, but oddly hunters don't, despite being THE pet class) that did an emote on a panthara while taming that made it tameable. Like a baby manasaber.

Like, "Your manasaber is absorbing the energy of the panthara, preventing it from shimmering away!"

Have it be a pet introduced in the hunter class hall after you recruit Nighthuntress Syrenne, since it could be like babies of her cat.

Though obviously, they have another method in, I think that'd have been neat, and given hunters a neat class-pet.
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

Has anyone tried using Countershot when the emote happens?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bluefire wrote:Has anyone tried using Countershot when the emote happens?
Yep. But it's effectively instantaneous, you can't catch them mid-cast. Unfortunately it doesn't work anyway :(