Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rainfella

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Rainfella »

Maybe something to do with unlocking the netherlight crucible? http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151912/shro ... ane-echoes Comes to my mind...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

ligewolf wrote:someone mentioned Gara method, but maybe could it be more of the fel wolf method?. Could be a npc we might need to kill and obtain an item to use on the panthara first..
Except people, including myself, have scoured the DB and haven't found anything that could possibly be related.
Shaninja
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Shaninja »

What about the toy "All-Seer's Eye" from the quest "Another Pile of Intact Demon Eyes"?
I know toys didnt quite work in PTR (read the entire thread), and that someone has tried over 400+ toys (kudos to you btw).. But it's a new toy and a "hidden" quest near Antoran Wastes. Idk how to get the Intact Demon Eyes, but it could be a thing????

Or the answer could be inside a secret cave which you have to use the new ability "Light's Judgement" on?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

People have tried using the Eye. It doesn't work. People also tried searching the caves with Light's Judgement, both Live and PTR. Nothing.
Shaninja

Unread post by Shaninja »

Argh, that sucks! I thought I was onto something ;-;
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

I got a buff that has a chance to create sanctified ground on attack - dragged several cats into it; no dice. I also took off enough gear to make Light's Judgement stun but not kill them, and no luck there either.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

For note, if this hasn't been tried already: I've tried counter shot during the damage reduction buff they do, counter shot whilst in the tar pits, and binding shots. I've also tried counter shot immediately after they shimmer away, and either I'm not quick enough, or that's not working either.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Counter Shot doesn't work. Tried it on the PTR. Can't hurt to have done in on Live, since they may not have implemented the method till then :)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

'Tis a shame :')

Also, for note, the Pathera Apex right at the starting area are no longer tameable by default - as I've seen pointed out already. There's also a rare Panthara called Naroua that appears to be the Violet panthara model. However, he's flagged as untameable, which is a shame
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Unless something new has been added, all Panthara have been catalogued and added to the main Petopia site :)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah, okie. I just couldn't see that violet guy on the list of untameable, that's all :)
Greyweed

Unread post by Greyweed »

I tried using Disgusting Feasts to see if I could "distract" them with it, but it did not work. :)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

A few people are saying, on WoWhead, that they were able to tame one variety or other no problem, but then not others.

"I didn't do anything fancy to tame this one. Tamed it, named it Gizmo!"

"I was able to tame a Panthara Apex but I cant seem to tame the Duskcloak Panthara. The Apex I just freeze trapped and tamed. The Duskcloak I tried using freeze trap, binding shot, wyvren sting, used my flare to keep it from "shimmering". Nothing worked. I even went back, checked with Beastlore multiple times, still says mob is tamable, and tried to tame while it slept, while using ice trap like I did with the Apex version. Still not able to tame. Some people are also having the same trouble with the Apex Panthara. Pretty sure it is a bug on all of the Pantharas. "

We know it's not a bug, but a puzzle, but maybe it's something simple we haven't stumbled on?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is a regards to the Apex. Briefly yesterday morning, the Apex's were able to be tamed. Blizz then noticed the bug and made them the same as all other Panthara. However, if there are Apex's that spawned prior to the fix, they are still tamable. All spawned afterwards cannot. And unless someone can post proof that they have tamed one of the other varieties, then the solution hasn't been found yet.
Feydakin
Realm: Rexxar

Unread post by Feydakin »

Yeah I tamed a Panthara Apex before I even realized it was a bug and then later when I went back and tried to tame a Duskcloak and couldn't I noticed the Apex had been made untamable... we'll figure this out!
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

If I recall, back in WoD Gara was found by going through the Source code looking at the items already found that interacted with Gara and finding objects that were added to the game around the same time as them, I'm wondering if any Tech-savvy hunters here can do the same with the Panthara. Perhaps the ability they use has a clue as to what we need to do. Its a bit cheaty but what have we not tried at this point?
Rian
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Rian »

Has anyone tried taming a Panthara while under the effects of the pet mirror and looking like Twilight, the panthara cub?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That would require people to pay RL money in order to tame an ingame pet. Blizz would not do that.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

I keep trying things..I've tried dragging them to the light of a torch...having NPC's beat on them and get agro...even got my character drunk and tried taming...no luck
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

pretty sure they've combed the data base for items already ;(