Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Quiv »

The response leads me to believe its possible now. Just seems a bit heartless for them to confirm its working but time gated, but I concede its wholly a possibility though. I honestly think we just haven't figured it out yet. That isn't to say "TRY HARDER MINIONS!" as I have eased off on testing things myself. My guess is its probably some wacky thing thats not logically tied to them or magic (such as Long Forgotten Hipp and clicking crystals).

And anyway what is the end game for all this working as intended verses functional talk? Should we just stop looking on the off chance its working but non-functioning? Wouldn't any testing be pointless if that were the case? Why test at all if we believed that were remotely possible? Who would want to invest their time if they thought it wasn't working, despite confirmations to the contrary? Testers need to think its functional, and perhaps I'll eat crow but if they confirmed its working, I believe it. I'm just not clever enough to figure it out, and don't have the best track record of figuring stuff out anyway. I have plenty of issues with how they do some of their secrets, and I just write that off as it being not for me. However I must fail to see the value and relevance in this kind of baseless speculation.
Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

I think we should keep trying to figure it out but be open to the possibility that it's just not something we can do yet. I mean, sitting back and doing nothing isn't any fun, is it?

I'm going to keep trying things I'm just not going to make myself nuts doing it.
Voith
Realm: Aerie Peak - US

Unread post by Voith »

These are more things that I've thought about than probably real leads, but I haven't seen others posting about them (correct me if I'm wrong!).

Panthera.org is a big cat conservation group. There is a menagerie (zoo and aquarium) with captured animals in Suramar City. There are multiple vendors there, with most selling food/beverage. (I've tried most of these, hoping for a buff, and they haven't worked.) There are also 2 vendors that sell souvenirs, one of which is named Dolse Shimmersong. The regular souvenir vendors don't sell the murloc souvenir, but she does. I tried putting the murloc down, but that didn't work. I also tried the elekk and raptor, but I didn't get to try all three. If you don't pick them back up, they disappear.

The upcoming Brewfest has a Shimmer Stout - Use: This brew makes the drinker shimmer and shine for 5 minutes. Strong alcohol.
tokidokifish
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by tokidokifish »

i was one of the people lucky enough to catch one before they were "fixed", because i was just so stoked about getting one that i grabbed literally the first one i saw. i just put down a flare to do it, because that seemed like the obvious thing to do, so it's a little frustrating to find that it's actually a complete trial.

based on the sheer number of things people have tried, i personally thing either a: it's broken and they just don't want to admit it, or b: it's time gated, and if we have ANOTHER time gated pet after feathermanes i'm going to be just... so freaking angry. i mean i hate time gating already and i think it's a crap practice, but it seems especially stupid in the context of hunter pets. "oh, look how cool this new thing is! ... but you can't get it yet. ;)" bleh.

i've personally tried everything i can think of with no luck after the first one. also, there was something in the antoran wastes that gives you a chance to create a glowing spot of holy light when you attack. i didn't think it was likely, but i tried a tame in the circle. no dice.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Has anyone tried the Light's Halo shrine buff yet?
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

Albain wrote:Has anyone tried the Light's Halo shrine buff yet?
Yes, I tried this morning on three separate "species" while I had the buff. No luck. I also tried it in conjunction with flare and the glow drink with no results.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
tokidokifish

Unread post by tokidokifish »

Albain wrote:Has anyone tried the Light's Halo shrine buff yet?
THAT'S the one i meant, thank you! yeah, no dice.

i've gotten so weird with it i tried taming it when the concordance of the legionfall proc hits, just in case. it did not work, obviously.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

At this point, Feral Druids are going to get a Panthara skin for their artifact before we get them as actual pets.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Has any tried working the angle that you need to somehow get permission from Naroua, King of the Forest?
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

WerebearGuy wrote:At this point, Feral Druids are going to get a Panthara skin for their artifact before we get them as actual pets.
Don't worry. Us druids are still waiting on our Class 'mount' to noe be linked to our forms so we can actually use it on Argus/Bgs/Arenas/Instances/ on alts before epic flight.
:3

Siggy under construction!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Naroua would be an interesting option, except that he only rules over the Panthara of Krokuun, not the other two zones.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Maybe we help him establish an empire!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Okay there's a 'Feasel the muffin theif' rare in Mac'aree. Can anyone on the ptr get over there and get the 'muffin us' he drops and try it on the cats?

I tried to get over there, but sadly I don't think I can until next week.

/way mac'aree 41.3 11.6 Feasel the Muffin Thief spot

Hazzal

Unread post by Hazzal »

GormanGhaste wrote:Has any tried working the angle that you need to somehow get permission from Naroua, King of the Forest?
Tried killing Naroua and taming while he was dead, trapping Naroua (can't trap him), and kiting one of the nearby talbuks to his rock and killing it to see if he'd eat it since the cats seem to eat talbuks.

No dice.

Also tried taming with Light's Halo and the All-Seer buff.

Maybe we have to kill all of the cat rares to do it? But Sabuul and Kaara are not available yet.
Saoirse

Unread post by Saoirse »

Okay so, while testing theories, I have found that these mobs have a VERY VERY long leash. So I am thinking that they have to be taken someplace to be tamed. Could be different for all three breeds. Will post back if I find the right place or get any other hints.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Well, just spent an hour with some people from the Secret Finders discord trying various things. Prismatic Focusing Lens gave me so much hope but we didn't have luck with that either (nor extensive testing of Rainbow Generator, after someone thought they had found a trick with it, but it turned out to be nothing).

:(
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Saoirse wrote:Okay so, while testing theories, I have found that these mobs have a VERY VERY long leash. So I am thinking that they have to be taken someplace to be tamed. Could be different for all three breeds. Will post back if I find the right place or get any other hints.
It's always worth a shot, though I figured I'd mention: I've found that every mob has a long leash if you're patient enough and move slowly. Back in the day I used to bring rares on random adventures halfway across the world. As long as you're very slow, don't outpace the mob, and let it attack you as you go so it doesn't lose interest, I believe you can bring most mobs just about anywhere.
Saoirse

Unread post by Saoirse »

Vephriel wrote:
Saoirse wrote:Okay so, while testing theories, I have found that these mobs have a VERY VERY long leash. So I am thinking that they have to be taken someplace to be tamed. Could be different for all three breeds. Will post back if I find the right place or get any other hints.
It's always worth a shot, though I figured I'd mention: I've found that every mob has a long leash if you're patient enough and move slowly. Back in the day I used to bring rares on random adventures halfway across the world. As long as you're very slow, don't outpace the mob, and let it attack you as you go so it doesn't lose interest, I believe you can bring most mobs just about anywhere.
Well, we tested with other mobs, moving at the same speed, hitting every so often, and they'd turn tail and go home while the Panthara was still following.

I've tried dunking it in fel goo, letting it get hit by falling fireballs, took it to an arcane crystal.. nothing is working. There was a big archway with nothing in it, took it there, it didn't care. I'm losing my mind. I got out Twilight and put it in a pet bed like that was going to do something.

I also tried removing all of my armour like some of the cata tames, also did nothing. Tried fully submerging it in tar, also did nothing. I remember with the turtle, I think it was? That you had to find the right deep spot in the lava, so I figured it was worth a try..? But yeah, nothing.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

You know, there's something that's driving me crazy. Those treasure chests that say you can't open them without some kind of something of the Auguri.

What if you also need that Auguri thing to tame the Panthera? The chests seem to pop up close to them...I dunno, just some thought....
Ceraphym71
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Ceraphym71 »

One thing I've noticed after reading all these posts is that the common denominator comes down to what questifier posted in tumblr about working with your fellow hunters (hunter hunter or demon hunter was not specified). My thoughts draw me back to Dreanor with the elite on the beach that required only hunters to kite and flare her so she would drop that vial allowing us to tame the fel green wolves. Has anyone looked in to anything along those lines? Lots of good ideas in this feed, let's not give up! We ALL want one of these cats!