Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Winterborn
Realm: Burning Legion, Jaedenar

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Winterborn »

Ceraphym71

Makes a point there, maybe we are looking for a item drop, it might be a rare drop from the rare elites on Argus, it might be off a certain rare we haven't found yet on Krokuun and Antona(dunno how to spell that), perhaps we are focusing on to much of the toys and potions, maybe we should focus on the rare on Argus.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I JUST seen this article today and I wonder if the items to open the chests might help with the cat tames? If so it looks like it is some sort of a rep received item. Would kind of make since.

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/co ... den-chests
Leonaa
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Leonaa »

>>i just got done with the GM on the phone and was informed it is not a bug or a problem it has to do with a puzzle that is going to be given to us from the weapon later on down in the game. No estimated time or any thing just have to wait till we get it. <<

Comment from wowhead. so all we can do is wait.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Leonaa wrote:>>i just got done with the GM on the phone and was informed it is not a bug or a problem it has to do with a puzzle that is going to be given to us from the weapon later on down in the game. No estimated time or any thing just have to wait till we get it. <<

I'm personally....taking this with a hefty grain of salt. I don't feel this is the sort of mechanic that GMs are well informed about, if at all.
Leonaa
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Leonaa »

i just run into that cmment on wowhead. Idk maybe troll or real thing. Anyhow we still dont know how to tame.
Imagine u need to have that new mount that look like them -Luminous Starseeker- near you and in period of his changing of colors you can tame then exact color as mout is in that moment ... :D that would be crazy.. :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I agree with Veph, and they are not going to require us to buy a $25-$30 mount in order to tame a pet. People really need cease suggesting this.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

lilaughingwolf wrote:I JUST seen this article today and I wonder if the items to open the chests might help with the cat tames? If so it looks like it is some sort of a rep received item. Would kind of make since.

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/co ... den-chests
Well I don't see us taming a cat with Mech suit, I doubt we can tame them with an orbital cannon, unless... has anyone tried to tame them after nuking one with Light Judgement?

Other then that all that's left is the Shroud, I don't see how going Invisible will help you tame a cat, perhaps they will think you are one of them? Regardless, its Disappointing to have a dev hype it up by saying we can get it, only to have some one else say "Naw you got'a wait." I'm also disappointed by it being tied to something like that, would have been a lot better if there was an actual trick to getting it. Blizzard needs to learn how to communicate better with their player base.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mostly what I would like is just a clearer confirmation of whether or not this method is locked behind any sort of time gating. It may well be "available" now as they seem to be suggesting, but if it's a WQ that won't spawn for a while, or something in Mac'aree, or a reputation based thing, then we can't technically access it now. The not knowing is what's hurting because it makes me reluctant to burn myself out on too many attempts if it could be futile until we hit a certain requirement.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Killing Talbuks in Krokun drops

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=153251/fresh-talbuk-meat

They stack up to 10 and have a 10 second cooldown each. when thrown at a panthara it reacts and makes them "bloodied".

(Taken from the secret finding discord.)

So we have a lead everyone!
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

Tomb wrote:Killing Talbuks in Krokun drops

They stack up to 10 and have a 10 second cooldown each. when thrown at a panthara it reacts and makes them "bloodied".

Welp, time for the Great Talbuk massacre!
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

I've already been killing talbuks quite a lot since the patch hit for skinning. Are we talking specific talbuks or is there some hidden requirement to make these drop? Or, more likely, am I just unlucky?
funk#1402

Saoirse

Unread post by Saoirse »

I came here just to mention that from the Discord :D But yes indeed, time for a Talbuk massacre.
WolvFTW
Realm: Dath'remar

Unread post by WolvFTW »

ive found something that could be our method.
we might have to gain the trust of the panthara with talbulk meat, it drops off any talbulk on krokun. They stack up to 10 and have a 10 second cooldown each. when thrown at a panthara it reacts and makes them "bloodied", its an extremely rare drop and the only thing ive found that makes them react in any way.
My thought process is we dont tame them with tame beast but we make them friendly to us via feeding them food. i dont have a screenshot of it working but ive seen it in action and i promise you it does work at least the bloodied part does im not so sure about the taming part. no one has been able to get enough meat to test this theory out its quite rare.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Whilst I am glad that we have potentially found something, it is discouraging that, if this is the method, that we will need to farm a very rare drop every time we want to tame a Panthara.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

It's also worth considering - does the meat affect anything else other than the panthara?

If there are hunters on Whisperwind out there, I'm willing the donate meat I find to them for testing purposes. But as I've said, I've killed many talbuks and not seen any meat.
funk#1402

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Vephriel wrote:
Leonaa wrote:>>i just got done with the GM on the phone and was informed it is not a bug or a problem it has to do with a puzzle that is going to be given to us from the weapon later on down in the game. No estimated time or any thing just have to wait till we get it. <<

I'm personally....taking this with a hefty grain of salt. I don't feel this is the sort of mechanic that GMs are well informed about, if at all.
I know two GMs myself and neither of them has any clue about what the trick is either. In fact, I even had to explain what the problem -was- to one of them, so that pretty much indicates the regular GMs haven't a clue.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Valinar
Realm: sargeras-NA

Unread post by Valinar »

Hi all, I wanted to pop in and say that i have been trying this with the wild imp meat from the cave near Illidan in krokuun. We might need to match the meet to the specific breed of panthara?
Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

This item must have a low drop rate if it's on live. I've killed tons of talbuks on Krokuun and can't say I've ever seen this item.
WolvFTW
Realm: Dath'remar

Unread post by WolvFTW »

Funk wrote:It's also worth considering - does the meat affect anything else other than the panthara?

If there are hunters on Whisperwind out there, I'm willing the donate meat I find to them for testing purposes. But as I've said, I've killed many talbuks and not seen any meat.
its been proven that using the meat on anything else has no affect, a person just tried it on the discord
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

WolvFTW wrote:
Funk wrote:It's also worth considering - does the meat affect anything else other than the panthara?

its been proven that using the meat on anything else has no affect, a person just tried it on the discord
Excellent, thank you.

It seems this really is our lead, then.
funk#1402