Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Vephriel »

A more in-depth video from Alphariana! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNRK7KfMNiw
Sawfty
Realm: Argent Dawn US

Unread post by Sawfty »

Myzou wrote:Am I the only one who isn't taming a Panthara because the 2 colors they want aren't in the game?
LOL probably. There are a lot of color combinations out there.

I'm not taming one because I'm a Gnome and I like my mechs. Oh, and hundreds of dead talbuks might want me to mention that I haven't found the meat yet either.
Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

I wish I'd held on to the meat until more people tested taming. Two early on then never again, it's like heirloom drops.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Man, this is buggy as hell.

Just spent an hour farming the stupid meat and it doesn't work. And yes I did the trap, feign, throw food from feign, then tame thing. Definitely not in combat at any point after the FD.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've updated the 7.3 page with a point-form summary of the taming method : http://www.wow-petopia.com/legion73.php#panthara

I've updated the model info on the Cats page with a much briefer version: http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=cat

Now to finally Tweet about it.

Once again, thank you everyone for all your hard work in trying to solve this and thanks for the Secrets Discord group for finally working out it was the meat :)
Attachments
pantharaTame1.png
pantharaTame1.png (377.63 KiB) Viewed 3536 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sawfty

Unread post by Sawfty »

Congrats on the tame Wain!
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

Bendak wrote:Man, this is buggy as hell.

Just spent an hour farming the stupid meat and it doesn't work. And yes I did the trap, feign, throw food from feign, then tame thing. Definitely not in combat at any point after the FD.
The buff is invisible and cannot be seen, it also does not last long so as soon as the meat lands start taming. There is a lot of hope involved, hopefully Blizz makes it a little less unforgiving in a future patch.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

This is the problem with not having something like this available for testing in the ptr. If it was, we could've worked out the drop rate of the meat and the method of taming them.

Don't get me wrong, I think this was a creative way of taming them. It just should've been available from the get go.
Sawfty

Unread post by Sawfty »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote:
Bendak wrote:Man, this is buggy as hell.

The buff is invisible and cannot be seen, it also does not last long so as soon as the meat lands start taming. There is a lot of hope involved, hopefully Blizz makes it a little less unforgiving in a future patch.
We can hope, but I don't want to wait to tame until then (less fun if it's easier). It's obviously possible, but as suggested, it's not a sure thing (I'm not giving up!).
Sebinox
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Sebinox »

Fun? I have spent over 3 hours and around 800~ kills by the end ( managed to get ~ 1600 leather ), only to get 2 meats at all, that got wasted when I used them and they failed. Trap -> Feign, throw from feign, cast tame from feign, instant cancel of tame after 0.1 with shimmer message.

C'mon, beta testing this content after launch ftl!
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

I got my first meat in 10 minutes but didn't get it to work. 2nd meat 1hr farming no drop :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sebinox wrote:Fun? I have spent over 3 hours and around 800~ kills by the end ( managed to get ~ 1600 leather ), only to get 2 meats at all, that got wasted when I used them and they failed. Trap -> Feign, throw from feign, cast tame from feign, instant cancel of tame after 0.1 with shimmer message.

C'mon, beta testing this content after launch ftl!
Ouch, that's brutal :( Sorry that happened to you :( There seems to be little room for error in this thing. Unless there's something else weird going on.
Legiondary

Unread post by Legiondary »

Ok, I failed once without using Camo and then was successful with it, so I highly suggest taking the guesswork and "perfect timing" out of the equation and just use Camo.

If BM, switch to MM or SV for Camo
*I suggest you setup bar 2 or some special bar with the following 5 skills in a line*
-Trap
-FD
-Camo --> Position yourself close to the beast. Also, make sure you are actually targeting so you're ready to tame.
-Aim the Fresh Talbuk Meat on the beast and then throw it.
-Tame Beast

Should work every time. And if you are normally BM and switch to MM just for this (like me), don't be alarmed when your new tamed beast despawns 10 seconds later because you have the Lone Wolf talent. It's still there in your personal stable.
Last edited by Legiondary on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorejira

Unread post by Gorejira »

I really hope they up the drop rate of the meat, because I've spent the last 3 hours or so running back and forth in Krokuun. No luck at all. And now there is a lot of other hunters so most are dead already, and a lot of the opposite faction, so I can't even tag the ones being killed I come across. Bah!

And I've seen two of the meat on the AH.....for 7m to 9m each :/
Come on people, help out your fellow hunters, don't be SO greedy.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Meat farming should become easier when Mac'Aree unlocks next week. There are loads of talbuks there, and I assume they'll also drop the meat.

Mac'Aree has a lot of the best stuff for taming, though I'm pretty happy with my marsuul duo from Krokuun :)
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

I switched to SV and used camo from a feign, threw meat, tamed as soon as the meat effect happened. It worked like a charm.

Meat did take a while to get though.
Sawfty

Unread post by Sawfty »

When I finally do get some meat to drop, I'll try going SV for Camo. Thank you ^^
Gorejira

Unread post by Gorejira »

Wain wrote:Meat farming should become easier when Mac'Aree unlocks next week. There are loads of talbuks there, and I assume they'll also drop the meat.

Mac'Aree has a lot of the best stuff for taming, though I'm pretty happy with my marsuul duo from Krokuun :)
That's what I was figuring. Once Mac opens up, there should be more hunters spread out, and more chances.
And I agree! I love the little marsuul. They are just adorable!
Legiondary

Unread post by Legiondary »

Wain wrote:Meat farming should become easier when Mac'Aree unlocks next week. There are loads of talbuks there, and I assume they'll also drop the meat.

There actually were a ton more along the path running SW, so by the time I got to the end the ones back at the Grove had respawned. One thing to note, a few of the "Wild" talbuks were bugged and wouldn't let you attack them at all, similar to the quest talbuks. From the Grove heading S, turn right at the intersection where the huge Fel-Reaver normally stops and continue W/SW.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Got my first talbuk meat after about 150 kills!

While I realize the smart thing would probably be to hold onto it and see if they improve the stability of this taming method over the next few days, I'm impatient and eager so I'm going to make an attempt on a green panthara (which sound like the most uncooperative). Wish me luck! D: