Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Feydakin
Realm: Rexxar

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Feydakin »

Screwed up my first attempt of course, because that is how I roll... I got my first meat after maybe 20 kills. Lucky, I know, but now I'm deep into a farming session, 569 Fiendish Leather, 200 gold in junk loot and 20 Primal Sargerite later and no meat for me... :(
Winterborn
Realm: Burning Legion, Jaedenar

Unread post by Winterborn »

I tamed all the pretty cats so far, but now I am gonna farm up one more for when mac'cree opens
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

6 tries and no matter how I try it, it won't get the debuff.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

did you take off your weapon and make sure you weren't aggroing the cat? when I did a feint death the first time I still was in combat with it.

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I just tried again. Same b.s. I was in Survival, camo'd trapped, threw the meat directly on top of the alpha. It did nothing at all. No buff/debuff or change. I'm tired of doing this. And yes, I took off my weapon and trinkets so nothing could proc.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Eighth try. Once again the meat does nothing. Really annoying how this keeps failing. Literally every single step the same as the videos. Was not aggro'd at all in any of the past 4 tries.
DarthSolidus95
Realm: caelestrasz

Unread post by DarthSolidus95 »

I've had one successful tame which was my first tame and the other two have been fails. The first tame was was trap>FD>throw meat whilst FD and tame the other ones were the survival camo route.
Leonaa
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Leonaa »

Price for this meat on AH is so sick..!!! On Silvermoon 100k just for one! >.< can everyone loot this meat or just hunters?
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

A tenth try with the same results. Blizzard has really out done themselves with this.
WolvFTW
Realm: Dath'remar

Unread post by WolvFTW »

Just a reminder, for some reason the alpha's are bugged and do not work.
jaynkumz
Realm: Garithos

Unread post by jaynkumz »

Can confirm that the meat will drop for anyone. Just picked up a piece off the third Talbuk on my shaman in the starting area following Velen.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'd say send in a bug report, if you've followed all the steps and it still isn't working. It shouldn't be this hard to get it to work properly.

Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

WolvFTW wrote:Just a reminder, for some reason the alpha's are bugged and do not work.

I have an alpha so they can be tamed.

When I approached it it was asleep with its back to me and I trapped it. It was not in combat when the trap landed. I'm starting to wonder if that's a factor.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

It's very important to make sure you are out of combat before throwing the meat. Surv way seems best, throw trap, fd, hit camo, get up and position yourself at a good spot, fd, throw meat at center of the cat (do not move!!!!) then tame :) I find the sweet spot is right in the middle, the blood must be seen splashing otherwise it didnt work.

I tamed an alpha, its the lone one that usually kills the talbuk but I always waited for it to kill the talbuk first to prevent any kind of weird agro. Try that one :)
Ninatt
Realm: CoA-EU

Unread post by Ninatt »

I'm so angry and so sad...
I was too lucky with meat drops, I had 6 in like 3 hours.
And damn, I f****d up all of them..I don't know why, I tried the same rotation that you guys suggested. Naked taming, sleeping cats taming, taming the same mobs which were shown on youtube in case other ones are bugged.
And still no result...
Right now I have another meat and too scared to try again.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

WolvFTW wrote:Just a reminder, for some reason the alpha's are bugged and do not work.
Alphas are certainly tameable as I have one; at least no more bugged than the rest.
Bristlenose wrote:I just tried again. Same b.s. I was in Survival, camo'd trapped, threw the meat directly on top of the alpha. It did nothing at all. No buff/debuff or change. I'm tired of doing this. And yes, I took off my weapon and trinkets so nothing could proc.
When I've thrown the meat on the cat I never saw any sort of buff/debuff on the cats (just a red blood effect for a second). I never camo trapped them, I did the following:

> remove proc trinkets
> get near cat out of aggro range
> trap the cat (out of combat)
> walk towards the back of the cat (I didn't stand super close to it) until I enter combat
> fd to drop combat
> hit camo while in fd (check I didn't enter combat)
> move close enough to throw meat on top of the cat (target cat to see its hitbox to aim)
> there is no debuff/buff on cat that I can see, just a red blood effect when it hits
> hit tame
Bristlenose wrote:A tenth try with the same results. Blizzard has really out done themselves with this.
Have you tried taming the Alpha at the location in my previous screenshot, or just the ones in the petrified forest? I'm wondering if the bug is something as simple as the cat can't be tamed if it's been aggro'd and reset since it spawned (and/or someone's tried to tame it without the meat).
VampireCherry
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by VampireCherry »

Ok. I'm about to give up. I have tried taming any cat around by this point. Alpha or not alpha. Followed every step, and all I get is the blood spatter effect, but not debuff on the cats.

This is definitely a bug.

I even mimicked exact moves (Even same cat I think) as in one of the previous yt videos. Nothing.

8 meats later. still no cat.

I'm a very sad Night Elf now.. :(
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Hazzal wrote:I have an alpha so they can be tamed.

When I approached it it was asleep with its back to me and I trapped it. It was not in combat when the trap landed. I'm starting to wonder if that's a factor.
Mine was not asleep. It was that one off to the right that's messing with a bone while a Duskcloak watches, actually.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Sakera
Realm: BLOODSCALP

Unread post by Sakera »

Wain wrote:What a gorgeous picture :)
Thank you! It is my favorite spot in Shadowmoon Valley (Draenor) -- Moonwillow Peak.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

The one I tried to tame is wandering with two others in a circle just off from where the path splits into different directions. I am going to try a completely different alpha or just a panthara and see if it is just this one or I am still doing something wrong.