Argus mount rares macro

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Argus mount rares macro

Unread post by Wain »

This macro should list all Argus rares that drop mounts or eggs, which you haven't killed on that day on a particular character:

Code: Select all

/run for k,v in pairs({Naroua=48667,HoundmasterKerrax=48821,Puscilla=48809,Blistermaw=49183,Vraxthul=48810,Varga=48812,WranglerKravos=48695,Sabuul=48712,Venomtail=48705,Skreeg=48721}) do print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "" or k) end
Just pet-droppers and eggs:

/run for k,v in pairs({Naroua=48667,MotherRosula=48970,ManyFacedDevourer=48966,Varga=48812,Sabuul=48712,Ataxon=48709}) do print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "" or k) end
All mount, pet and egg droppers:

/run for k,v in pairs({Naroua=48667,Kerrax=48821,Pusiclla=48809,Rosula=48970,Blstermaw=49183,ManyFace=48966,Vraxthl=48810,Varga=48812,Kravos=48695,Sabuul=48712,Venmtail=48705,Ataxon=48709,Skreeg=48721}) do print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "" or k) end
In the latter I've had to severely abbreviate some names to fit it within the 255-character restriction of macros. Hopefully they still make sense. You can delete any <name=#####> bits that you no longer need, which will free up precious characters to pretty up the names. Also, you can download the addon "Long Macros" (available on Curse) and then you can pretty it up all you like.

If you have enough space after deleting NPCs you're no longer farming, or you have the Long Macros addon, you can add colours and print all rares (whether completed or not), like:

/run for k,v in pairs({Naroua=48667,Kerrax=48821,Blistermaw=49183,Varga=48812,Kravos=48695,Sabuul=48712,Venomtail=48705,Skreeg=48721}) do print(format("%s: \124cFF%sDone\124r",k,IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "FF0000" or "00FF00Not ")) end
The basis for the macro, as well as a number of the quest tracking IDs, comes from the user "them222" on Wowhead. The numbers are a special quest tracking ID and not the NPC ID.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Argus mount rares macro

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ooo, thank you!

That's enough rares for me to be hunting at once--if I find more I want to add, I'll wait and change them out after I've gotten some mounts...or I'll make a second macro just for the pets :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Very handy Wain, thank you!

I thought it might be worth mentioning - more and more evidence seems to point to the Biletooth Gnasher dropping solely from Puscilla and Vrax'thul. Originally it was thought to be a zone drop, and perhaps it still is, but the only recorded cases of the mount dropping even after weeks of Argus being live are from those two. Even Wowhead doesn't list any other NPC as the source, and the comments both there and in mount discords support this.

I still feel it's a bit odd that only those two random rares drop it, but I'm certainly making a habit of killing them specifically now in the hopes of upping my chances.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:Very handy Wain, thank you!

I thought it might be worth mentioning - more and more evidence seems to point to the Biletooth Gnasher dropping solely from Puscilla and Vrax'thul. Originally it was thought to be a zone drop, and perhaps it still is, but the only recorded cases of the mount dropping even after weeks of Argus being live are from those two. Even Wowhead doesn't list any other NPC as the source, and the comments both there and in mount discords support this.

I still feel it's a bit odd that only those two random rares drop it, but I'm certainly making a habit of killing them specifically now in the hopes of upping my chances.
OK thanks :) I'll add that one in. I'll try to make a version of the macro with severely abbreviated names that includes those and the pet-droppers. But first I'll need to determine the IDs of the quest trackers for them. I don't know how they work those out, other than trial and error.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vrax'thul has tracking quest # 48810 (as reported on Wowhead).

I'm trying to determine the tracking quest numbers for the rest by looking at my quests completed numbers (in a certain range) before and after killing.

Puscilla (mount dropper) is 48809.
Mother Rosula (pet dropper) is 48970.
The Many-Faced Devourer (pet dropper) is 48966.
Ataxon (pet dropper) is 48709.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

As far as I know, the only rare that drops a pet that hasn't already been mentioned is Ataxon, which drops Grasping Manifestation.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote:As far as I know, the only rare that drops a pet that hasn't already been mentioned is Ataxon, which drops Grasping Manifestation.
I just added Ataxon to the post above :) I had to wait for it to be up to check. I just have Puscilla to grab, now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I found Puscilla's ID as well and updated the OP with a list of the newer ones I found. I'll work up a macro later, but anyone can at least use them to modify their own macro.
Vephriel

Excellent! This is a lot quicker and easier than an addon I find. :) Also since I can check a few off my list I can fit everyone into the macro. Thanks!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK I've updated the OP with final (I hope) macros. The base macros now only list NPCs you haven't killed, which frees up clutter and lowers the character limit of the macro so less things need to be abbreviated. I'm in no way a macro expert, so if anyone has any suggestions for improvements, please post :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I really appreciate the addition of hound master and wrangler to the first macro, because I was getting all the K names confused :) and I like the new output as well; I found the colored text in the previous iteration counter-intuitive.
Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

Wain you are amazing! Thanks heaps!
Vephriel

Something that came up today in the mount discord: apparently Kaara the Pale may not drop eggs after all, at least not anymore.

People were saying she no longer did, and I didn't believe it at first, but then more and more reports of no drops came in, I noticed none of my characters picked up an egg from her (or anyone else in the groups while we killed her), and now even Wowhead is no longer listing the eggs on her loot table. There's also a highly rated comment on her page there saying she does not drop them, so...something to take into consideration.

I went ahead and removed her from my hunting list, one less thing to have to look for. :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for letting us know. I've deleted her from the macros.
Vephriel

Yeah...I mean it definitely seems strange to me, and she dropped them at one point, but until there's proof she's dropping them again I'm happy to not go out of my way for her.