Losing Hati in Next Expansion

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

If we lose our artifact Titanstrike would you still want the second pet in some form?

Passive ability for Beast Master Spec "Memory of Hati" Retain Hati outside the Artifact
34%
Say Good Bye to Hati
36%
Have Hati as a BM Hunter only none combat pet for appearances only
16%
Other ______.
14%

Total votes: 77

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: Losing Hati in Next Expansion

Unread post by Xella »

Yeah I was having the same issues. I've been trying to upgrade to Sierra for forever (El Capitain/10.11 had a blurry text issue that never got fixed and made using my computer without migraines an impossibility), but I'm on one of the Mac Pros that Apple, in its infinite unwisdom, decided weren't good enough to be officially supported.

There's third-party software that will let certain systems that Apple doesn't support but which can actually run most/all of the software run it, but the last time I tried it I had zero luck with that too (back in July). I did finally get it working last night, and everything I've checked so far seems to be working okay (which is a miracle in and of itself; I guess all the changes I had to make to my system when Blizzard/Apple forced me to upgrade to 10.10.5 from 10.7 actually made the transition from 10.10 to 10.12). Having real water and textures back is just... ugh. It's so good, you guys. It's so good. I'm not dying to invisible ground effects and my pets don't turn pure white constantly and it's just glorious.

Apple's "set it and forget it" system of OS upgrades can bite me, but now I'm going in major derail mode so I'll shoosh, haha :x
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

My name is a Aleu and my Hati is suffering from Lazy Hati Syndrome... Seems to have gotten quite bad in PvP as well. Despite having my pet on Assist almost all the time, Hati seems to be content just swiping away while standing next to me. It's been happening a lot in invasion points too. It's resulted in me yelling at this collection of pixels on my screen.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Khoovi
Realm: Moon Guard - US

Unread post by Khoovi »

I enjoyed the visual of an ’extra pet’ at first (twin wind serpents, yay !) but now I’d really rather at least have the option to infuse my trusty pet with the ‘essence of Hati’ so it’s just me and my trusty pet again, out on the road, doing stuff…

Mostly, I essence swap Hati into something unobtrusive like one of the small ravens or even a mana wyrm so it’s less of a clutter and obstruction so I don't really mind too much. Currently though, the marsuul makes for a cute extra playmate <3

Perhaps a glyph or talent option to have Hati's strength either stacked on your pet or as an external beastie like now, or even something similar to the follower behaviour where you can have them 'on call' or 'by your side', which I do find convenient .. though not so much the nasty great call button floating behind my butt all the time :D
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I think I am more open to a second pet that doesn't have the electric effect on it that Hati does. I find myself turned off on so many second pets because of that.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Quiv wrote:I think I am more open to a second pet that doesn't have the electric effect on it that Hati does. I find myself turned off on so many second pets because of that.
This, and also the option for the second pet to keep their true name. I don't like seeing my pets called 'Hati', and the lightning, while understandable in flavour, does spoil the look of a lot of the creatures for me, so I'm very picky.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

I have noticed Argus is not Hati friendly either. Or for pets in general in certain areas. I found a few spots where either your main pet and/or Hati will just stand there stuck because of some invisible block keeping them going forward, then they randomly teleport to your location if they don't despawn.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I've gotten quite a few "there is no path available to your pet" messages in the new zones.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Bristlenose wrote:I have noticed Argus is not Hati friendly either. Or for pets in general in certain areas. I found a few spots where either your main pet and/or Hati will just stand there stuck because of some invisible block keeping them going forward, then they randomly teleport to your location if they don't despawn.
Yeah, for issues like that I just click "Passive" button on the pet action bar. If your pet is stuck (and you're not mounted), you can press that button and your pets will teleport to your side. I use it in dungeons a lot too, since sometimes Hati (or both) will get stuck. It made traversing Argus easier too. Though, I think they're slowly fixing some of the Argus problems passively. When we first got to Argus, my pets would get stuck all the time on rocks or various things. It's becoming less frequent as the time goes on; i don't see it daily like I used to.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I hate Hati and always have. Never made sense to me for BM, hated the shift of flavor from Rexxar-style BM to weird Titan stuff. Unnameable lightning pet? No, I wanted two pets of my choosing, Mimiron's gadgetry aside. I'd be very happy to turn Hati back over to the Titans and get myself another second pet. The AI is clearly there now.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Acherontia wrote:I hate Hati and always have. Never made sense to me for BM, hated the shift of flavor from Rexxar-style BM to weird Titan stuff. Unnameable lightning pet? No, I wanted two pets of my choosing, Mimiron's gadgetry aside. I'd be very happy to turn Hati back over to the Titans and get myself another second pet. The AI is clearly there now.
Dis :mrgreen:

jna3773
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU) (Ally) Earthen-Ring (EU) (Horde)

Unread post by jna3773 »

I really hope to honor and respect everyone's wishes that a second pet will be optional via a talent or by other means if that would be more appropriate.
So you can choose to be a lone wolf with no pets, a hunter with 1 pet or a hunter with 2 pets.
Would be really awesome if you can choose without the need of switching specs or something.
I always liked to play the BM spec and stuck with it for a long time.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

jna3773 wrote:I really hope to honor and respect everyone's wishes that a second pet will be optional via a talent or by other means if that would be more appropriate.
So you can choose to be a lone wolf with no pets, a hunter with 1 pet or a hunter with 2 pets.
Would be really awesome if you can choose without the need of switching specs or something.
I always liked to play the BM spec and stuck with it for a long time.
I'd disagree with part of this: if you want to play lone wolf then there shouldn't be the option to play Beastmastery. The point of Beastmastery is in its very name.

If Blizzard gives us a choice between using one or two pets, and makes it a talent, chances are they will put it on the same tier as something that we absolutely MUST have to raid/dungeon/PvP. They haven't exactly been reliable on this sort of thing.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

The only thing I like about Hati is that when mogged as a raven, the raven is life-sized. And it has the electric effect. If that were an optional special effect, I'd keep it on a raven. And also on some mechanical pets. But "2nd pet" has pretty much met my pessimistic expectations gameplay-wise.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I still get the 'stupid Hati' bug where he just hangs out next to you and paws at the air, usually when I first get into raids (which is the last point you want to be de-equipping your weapon).

He also has worse problems with terrain and target swapping. AND he stands on everything I'm trying to interact with. Two pets sounds cool, yeah, but in practice? URGH. Do not want. I've even been running as marks (yeah I know, heresy) because I have a build with pet that I like, and I missed access to camo. Yeah, it's not The Leet Build but I like it. I just wish I didn't rip aggro off my pet constantly.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Spiritwolves
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Spiritwolves »

I really like having Hati, but then I have a thing for wolves anyway. I do agree that sometimes the battle is almost over before he jumps in. He likes to sit there and scratch while Weyekin, Kamots or whoever else is with me is in the middle of the fight!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Still hoping we get Hati in some shape or form because with the loss of Titanstrike for some worthless piece of crap weapon and losing Hati I am on the fence if I even want to keep playing.

Yes Hati has been known to be a dumbass many times but I always liked him even when others complained I was on his side and still am in fact I think we need a quest of some sort where players have the choice to keep our artifacts or give them up.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Hati = Moon Moon
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Goodbye Hati, you won't be missed. Would've rather had a 2nd pet from my stable as well.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

GormanGhaste wrote:Hati = Moon Moon

I know you posted that a while ago, but I hadn't seen it and it cracked me up XD That is SO true!
Jagdtiger
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Jagdtiger »

Won't personally miss Haiti one bit. Barely played my Hunter this expansion due to the changes in the mechanics and how Haiti and to a lesser degree Dire Beast lessened the uniqueness of our pet choice.