Level appropriate pet food

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Level appropriate pet food

Unread post by Teigan »

Is there a list of vendors that have suitable food for pets for each level bracket? I can't find a mushroom vendor at Legion level and I'd like to feed my marsuul sometime. I don't know if that mushroom vendor in Orgrimmar sells Legion food, but he certainly wouldn't tell a dwarf if he did. Help a starving marsuul? Also, is there a list of what mechanicals eat and where to get it? This has been bugging me the whole expansion
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Level appropriate pet food

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I can't find any info on mechanicals, but I did find one Legion mushroom, Midnight Morel.

Edit: That one's a bust--thought it might be, since it is listed as food & drink, rather than fungus.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Thanks for looking for that. Unfortunately, my rodents don't consider it food :( I have that problem with all the Nightborne foods
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I know, but it's apparently too low level for a 110 pet. Or at least mine. Maybe mine is a snob hehe
Alraune
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Alraune »

I suggest going to highmountain for meat eaters as the lean shank heals a lot and is a common drop, for fruit you can go to suramar and buy from the vendors, for fish you can basically just fish them around the broken shore/isles, I don't know about fungus or bread, I can only guess you can get them from vendors, as for mechanicals they'll apparently eat anything so getting high level mats from engineering(or the AH) will probably help.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

are there any fungi that can be picked with herbalism?
I honestly never noticed. maybe that's a route?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

They're level 90 but my 110 turtle will eat these http://www.wowhead.com/item=81916/humongous-fungus and it says Stormwind innkeepers sell them.
You can also get level 100+ bread in Dalaran from innkeepers,apparently.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Sorry to bring this up again, since this topic has died several times. But, I'm necro'ing it since I still can't find fungus for my rodents that is Legion level and apparently missed a few replies. Anyone run into anything else out there? The Nightborne foods don't work as pet foods, so their mushrooms aren't going to work. I don't think there are any mushrooms from herbing, but I'll look into that.
The aforementioned Humongus Fungus will work for now (and thanks, I didn't know about that one!), but in the next expansion it probably won't when I hit level cap. I think Blizz forgot that some hunters still feed their pets.