General BlizzCon discussion

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: General BlizzCon discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Sorry, didn't your edited post until after you mentioned it and I already posted.

I'm also sorry if I'm coming across as hostile, that isn't my intent. I am just stating the facts and what we know so far, not trying to fight.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

okay all good. I wish we had more to the story because it's going to cause a lot of issues if they don't ...bleh

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I completely agree, but I feel the novel will fill in a lot :)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:I am not saying that it doesn't make sense for the Nightborne to join the Sin'dorei. They have a lot in common, including both their personal struggles with addiction, and their race's histories. But the Nightborne joining the Horde in this way just makes them look ungrateful. I would've expected them to join the Horde in a more peaceful time, since the Horde/Sin'dorei are the best allies for them. But now they are accomplices of destroying Teldrassil and other Kaldorei lands after the Kaldorei came and helped them in their darkest hour. Yes, Tyrande was very rude towards them, but that doesn't warrant the Nightborne taking part in burning their lands and killing them.

This can also be applied to the Highmountain Tauren, or even the Lightforged Draenei. I am just hoping there will be a story/lore added that will have all of this fit more.
Yes, that's why we would be doing allied races quests to unlock them. I do hope the quests would do some justice to all that disagree with Blizz's decision.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

True and only 6mnths to wait for it...the suspense

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's what I'm hoping for, Pop. The quests will need to work and do justice, others there will be holes, such as those I mentioned. I know that I am far from the only one that has spoken up in regards to Blizz's decision with the Nightborne.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Now did I understand correctly that the next expansion happens 4 yrs after legion? (lore wise)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I never heard that. I don't think it does, but that would be interesting.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

I'll have to find where I saw that.

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Syleye wrote:Now did I understand correctly that the next expansion happens 4 yrs after legion? (lore wise)
I think that's just from vanilla wow cinematic; both mirror faction wars after defeating the Legion. BfA isn't exactly 4 years after the defeat of Legion but Vanilla cinematic does have that narration.
Last edited by pop on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Ah okay thank you for clearing that up :D

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It looks like Hunters are getting Tranq Shot back! Cobra Shot now reduces the CD of Kill Command by One Second. Dire Frenzy is now baseline, and Dire Beast is now a talent.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:It looks like Hunters are getting Tranq Shot back! Cobra Shot now reduces the CD of Kill Command by One Second. Dire Frenzy is now baseline, and Dire Beast is now a talent.
I MISS MY TRANQ <3 this is good news
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I went through a rollercoaster of emotions yesterday. Not hearing anything about Nzoth upset me, and seeing all this focus on faction war made me roll my eyes. I get it, I just don't enjoy it. Although when Sylvanas went banshee mode and screamed "For the Horde" at the end, that got stirred a little. This just isn't where I was seeing it.

This reminds me so much of MoP though. Go from dark doom and gloom to more focus on us as factions and a visual palate cleanser with Pandaria. I hope this accomplishes that. And even with a focus on faction war doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. Not at all, MoP was one of my favorite expansions.

However, and I'll be honest this is a bit cynical, this faction war direction they take WoW almost feels too coincidental with the way it lines up with Classic being announced. Almost like WoD and the Warcraft movie. I just hope they are shoehorning another expansion. I choose to not make any judgments or decisions until I actually get answers.

And finally, I think thats teh main concern. What we learned yesterday leaves sooooooooooo many unanswered questions. All the story questions that lead up to BfA, what other allied races, are we getting more character customizations or they planned and just not live on the Blizzcon floor, are character slots on individual servers increasing now we are incentivized to level allied races, are worgen and goblin getting updates, and on and on. All thats left is the Warcraft Q&A at this point. I hope they do a lot of little side Q&A to answer questions and fill in a lot of blanks. Leaving players to speculate on their own is rarely good :lol:

So I'm cautious and giving them the benefit of the doubt. I am excited, just a little... knocked off balance because I didn't see this coming. I think I'll hype up once more info comes out and BETA OMG BETA GIEF INVITE NO PLX
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

N'zoth probably is involved, but not obiviously so. The Old Gods and the Void aren't suppose to be "in your face". They are meant to be subtle. I bet that N'zoth is encouraging this war -- whispering in the ears of the leaders so that their armies are weakened. Then, he'll strike, and they won't have the strength to repel him.

Actually, a lot of those questions were answered, but not on the main streams. Story questions obviously will come later, as is the norm. Allied races will be a patch thing. The six announced are the only six at launch. They are planning on adding more customization, but didn't say how much. They are increasing character slots but a certain amount. Worgen and Goblins will be getting update, but in a BfA patch.

I think the lack of surprise from many people is due to datamining. We knew we were going to Kul Tiras and Zandalar. We knew about four of the six subraces. A faction war was hinted by Ion stating that Genn and Sylvanas' story would continue in the next xpac (BfA), and the Blizzcon mounts.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Perhaps the faction war is the Old Gods at work, it's the opening attack, to stoke the mortal races animosity towards each other. They've always been whispering at us that we couldn't trust our friends, "Your frenemies will betray you" is a much easier sell. The mortals just think there's no outside threat, even though it's clear to the players there is one.

I'm hoping halfway through, Vol'jin puts an end to it again, this time as a loa.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

You know as soon as I saw that Jaina was heavily promoted in the Blizzcon marital I had a feeling it was going to have something faction conflict related.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

The side Q&A was what I was worried about. Trying to track them all down and get the entire picture is the next step. I saw in a Wowhead Q&A with Chris Robinson a bit ago that Worgen and Goblin updates were "not currently planned for this expansion", which the wording suggests the expansion cycle, not just launch. Because he spoke of the plan of the model updates, he would have mentioned a plan for a later patch.

And this is part of the frustration for me. Not only do you have to track down all the side Q&A or hope some fansite aggregates them all quickly, there could very well be conflicting information. I'm hoping the art panel hits on some of this stuff too officially. Of course so much of the plan can change as it often does.
Last edited by Quiv on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ion said it would be done this xpac in one of the patches. I know what you mean, though. In this case, I would take the word of the game director.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I love Art Panel so much, I could watch stuff like that for hours. And also Chris threw out a specific clarification about Goblin/Worgen not coming for 8.0 but later, so methink someone got talked to yesterday after the Wowhead interview :lol: Can't wait!