General BlizzCon discussion

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: General BlizzCon discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros »

No, it is still around. It is in the 45 talents :)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I really don't like how BOTH Dire Beast AND Way of the Cobra are on the same tier; That's just one of the silliest change ever. And putting Big Game Hunter that would only give increase crit to Cobra Shots and Autoshots, which are skills that don't benefit at all from our Mastery is just silly too.

In my honest opinion, to make Big Game Hunter as a viable choice is to bake "Go for the Throat", which would increase crit or even damage from pets when the target's health is lower than 50%: it would actually make the talent to be more beneficial.

I would also "Way of the Cobra" and "Thrill of the Hunt" to switch places. And in this version of "Thrill of the Hunt", it should also increase Hunter's mastery by 3%, making it too a worthwhile choice.

I would also want my version of Big Game Hunter to switch place with Venomous Bite.

In that way, there would actually be meaningful build and choices.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Bear in mind a couple of things. One, this is early on, so there will be changes :) And two, we know very, very little about class changes this xpac. We don't even know if BM will have two pets as baseline or not.

Though, if BM remains similar to how it is now, Crit is a viable top stat depending on how much of it you have, and your talent choices.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:Bear in mind a couple of things. One, this is early on, so there will be changes :) And two, we know very, very little about class changes this xpac. We don't even know if BM will have two pets as baseline or not.

Though, if BM remains similar to how it is now, Crit is a viable top stat depending on how much of it you have, and your talent choices.
That's the point; it would be silly to have Way of the Cobra; increasing damage based on the numbers of active pets when we have to choose between it and Dire Beast. Not having a second pet would make these 2 talents in a single tier row would be the most counterproductive thing ever.

Way of the Cobra would only be a meaningful choice if we can choose Dire Beast on a different Tier.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

So, according to people from the demos, there's new "districts" in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, called the Diplomatic District. In Stormwind, it's over by the lake where Celestine of the Harvest is, and in Orgrimmar, it's replaced the goblin district.

The interesting thing to note is in the main building, there's a meeting of the faction leaders.

The obvious ones are there, along with Turalyon and Alleria on the Alliance, with Eitrigg and Nathanos for the Horde. (And Rokhan as the troll leader).

However, there's a big deal in who else is in the Alliance one - Wrathion. It seems in the Battle for Azeroth, Wrathion has sided with the Alliance. It's obviously just a demo, but it's something to discuss nonetheless.

---

Also, it was revealed the Void Elves are not High Elves. They are Blood Elves who revolted from the Horde and followed Alleria. So Alliance technically have the first race to switch factions.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Abd
Myzou wrote:So, according to people from the demos, there's new "districts" in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, called the Diplomatic District. In Stormwind, it's over by the lake where Celestine of the Harvest is, and in Orgrimmar, it's replaced the goblin district.

The interesting thing to note is in the main building, there's a meeting of the faction leaders.

The obvious ones are there, along with Turalyon and Alleria on the Alliance, with Eitrigg and Nathanos for the Horde. (And Rokhan as the troll leader).

However, there's a big deal in who else is in the Alliance one - Wrathion. It seems in the Battle for Azeroth, Wrathion has sided with the Alliance. It's obviously just a demo, but it's something to discuss nonetheless.

---

Also, it was revealed the Void Elves are not High Elves. They are Blood Elves who revolted from the Horde and followed Alleria. So Alliance technically has the first race to switch factions.
SPOILERS
If I'm not mistaken, Ebonhorn will be at Orgrimmar Embassy, which is a place that is going to replace Goblin Slums. And also, If I'm not mistaken, those Blood Elves didn't exactly revolted but were shunned for practicing void magic, and Alleria took them under her wings.
Last edited by pop on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote: However, there's a big deal in who else is in the Alliance one - Wrathion. It seems in the Battle for Azeroth, Wrathion has sided with the Alliance. It's obviously just a demo, but it's something to discuss nonetheless.
Wow o.O I wonder what that means exactly, but it sounds significant. Unless it's just Blizz screwing with us in the demo :D
Myzou wrote: Also, it was revealed the Void Elves are not High Elves. They are Blood Elves who revolted from the Horde and followed Alleria. So Alliance technically have the first race to switch factions.
In the Q&A they discussed how they don't expect void elves to always be in full void form and will be able to change out of it, but they hadn't decided exactly how they'll look. So it's possible the Alliance will get something that looks quite similar to Blood Elves (when out of void form) as a playable race! I suspect they won't want them to look *too* much like them, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: In the Q&A they discussed how they don't expect void elves to always be in full void form and will be able to change out of it, but they hadn't decided exactly how they'll look. So it's possible the Alliance will get something that looks quite similar to Blood Elves (when out of void form) as a playable race! I suspect they won't want them to look *too* much like them, though.
Gotta say I feel like that was somehow misinterpreted, since the woman asking the question specifically mentioned Alleria, whose void form is far more blatant.

I expect the Blood Elf DK skin to be the base of how they look, while they switch into an Alleria-type void form in combat. I just don't see them looking like blood elves but turning just a bit more pale when they enter combat. That just sounds weird to me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ebonhorn wasn't seen at the Org Embassy. People are just discussing that since the Highmountain are fully joining the Horde, due to Baine holding a feast for all of the Chieftains in Mulgore, that Ebonhorn would also be joining the Horde.

It's possible that Wrathion is causing issues again, like he did in MoP, by playing both sides. Or he might feel that the Alliance truly has the best odds and is siding with them.

There is a leak suggesting that we'll be getting four of the six allied races in 7.3.5. It would make sense for a couple of reasons. First off, the Embassies were pretty much done in the demo. Second, when you go to the meeting, Turalyon suggests us meeting with the Lightforged, Alleria talks about us meeting with the Void Elves. For Horde, Baine talks about the feast he is hosting, and Liadrin reveals that she has been making inroads with Thalyssra to join the Horde. Since these two things are already implemented early in the beta, it could be that Blizz's intention is to give us more to do whilst we wait for BfA's release.

The Void Elves' base form will be what we've seen so far, which is that black-haired, DK skinned BE. The Void Form will be like Alleria's.

Baine, Nathanos, and Saurfang will be getting new, unique models. Baine's is described as looking amazing, and looks like he does in the loading screen :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

For those that haven't heard, Highmountains and Zandalaris will be able to be druids. Highmountain's cat and bears forms will have moose antlers, and Zandalari's travel form is a raptor :)
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm not uber hyped for BfA as a whole. Story wise. But I am so freakin' stoked for the allied races! Especially Zandalari Trolls and Douche Elv--I mean Nightborne. I need these in my life like...right now.

Also, the Void Form thing, they specifically said that as of -right now- they only pop into Void Form during combat. Akin to how Worgen auto-transform back to wolf when engaging an enemy. But they -may- consider adding a toggle on/off if that's what people really want.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Antoras opens Nov. 28th

Changes to Binding Shot. Instead of stunning for 10 secs, it will root for 5 secs.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

Stomp and way of the cobra are probably going to have to change. if frenzy is now the baseline version, stomp is either going to have to change to be an aoe focused on the main pet (or all pets). way just doesn't work very well if you aren't summoning beasts all the time, or have at least two pets at all times.

maybe have a talent that affects Kill Command? seems odd that we don't have one.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

What I'm surprised about is the lack of Class discussion at Blizzcon. They never go really indepth, but they usually give an overview of the big changes to each classes.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Wain wrote:But I think I get what Seilahyn was saying, in that even if it's not actually pvp, it's still a very strong Horde vs Alliance theme this time, and for some of us the hyped up faction rivalry is old and hard to get excited about.
This. As an overall expansion story arch, I'm just not excited for it. This is the first expansion I've looked at and went, "meh". It doesn't make me want to resub like the past ones have. Cinematic was nice, but as it failed to rally me.

To me it's like watching a TV series with no character development. The main characters are just too stuck in their ways, despite all the things that have happened, and continue to just angst out and hate each other just because. If, by chance, things do start to go good, something always has to come in to kick them back into line.

Again, I haven't finished Legion as I stopped playing right before ... uh... was it Kil'jaeden's return? I always get him confused with another name. So I don't know how that story ended as I know Sylvannas was up to something.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Sylvanas went and made a deal with Helya. The deal was that if Sylvanas helped Helya take down Odyn, then Helya would grant Sylvanas a relic that would allow her to bind Eyir, which would allow her to have as many Val'kyr as she wants. She wanted this Val'kyr for her people. In The Dark Mirror short story, Sylvanas used one of her last Val'kyr to restore Nathanos' body. He is still undead, but his body isn't heavy rotten. She wants that for all the Forsaken, but can't unless she gets more Val'kyr.

It was also revealed that Sylvanas never wanted to be Warchief, and thus did not orchestrate Vol'jin's death or him making her warchief. She is doing what she can as Warchief, but she doesn't care a ton for the position or for the Horde as a whole. Cares for herself and her people. But due to her staying in Org and not UC, some of her people feel neglected by her and do not agree with her creating more Forsaken. So, the Desolate Council has been formed to help run UC whilst she is away.

Still, she plans on going forward with her plans: to attack SW and turn the humans there into Forsaken. What we don't know at this point is if she will succeed, or attempt it, and if the Alliance then attacks UC in response. We'll find out in the novel.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I guess with Alleria joining the Alliance we wont be getting a nice meeting between her and Sylvannas. I was hoping we would get that in Legion but nope. :/ (at least so far we have not but I'm not getting my hopes up)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If the art is anything to go by, they do meet in Darkshore. In the pic of Teldrassil burning, you can see a High Elven woman in blue laying near Sylvanas, wounded.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

If horde are getting two new race options for druids I wonder if (hope) they will balance it out for alliance too. Druids have always been one of those really restricted classes when it comes to your race options. The thing is, the two new druid options for Horde branch off of their two already existing druid races: Tauren and Trolls. But the races branching from Night elves and Worgen are well...
void elves don't particularly scream "druid" to me due to the whole unnatural void thing and worgen don't even get sub race yet.

Which also begs the question of what that subrace would be for them. The new fox race, maybe? Or the Saberon? To be honest the oddity of where the new elf races go make it harder to guess. What race would keep with the worgen theme, make sense in terms of getting along well with the worgen, but not be so unique that it would count more as a new race than a subrace?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not everything will, or should, have a subrace or allied race. Worgen do not have a subrace, nor is there a race really connected to them. VEs have already been confirmed to have the following classes: Hunter, Priest, Monk, Rogue, Warrior, Warlock, and Mage.

Some ideas floating around are Broken and Wildhammer Druids. The latter actually has Druids in lore, and the former could possible learn how to from the Kaldorei.