Hunter Talent Changes

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Hunter Talent Changes

Unread post by Rikaku »

So I don't know where to put this (Wain can move it wherever it suits best after Blizzcon), but I thought I'd share some of the experiences I found with Hunter after demo'ing the new dungeons. I wasn't sure if someone else covered this already (and if they did, my sincerest apologies as I just woke up from my post-BC coma lol). I'm also not sure if anyone else was interested but, here is some of the things I noted from the Hunter class in the demo.

BM Hunter (which is what I played) is back to using one pet.
Tranq shot is back (Removes 1 magic or enrage effect); I did not see any pets having unique raid buffs (they gave us access to Cat, Dog, Bird of Prey and 2 other pet families to check with).
I couldn't find a stable slot in the dungeon run to see if there was any expansions to it.

There were talent changes. Some abilities were completely moved around.

Level 15 Talents: Big Game Hunter, Way of the Cobra, Dire Beast
Level 30 Talents:One with the Pack, Dire Stable, Chimaera Shot
Level 45 Talents: Posthaste, Farstrider, Trailblazer
Level 60 Talents: Bestial Fury, Venomous Bite, Thrill of the Hunt
Level 75 Talents: Binding Shot, Wyvern Sting, Intimidation
Level 90 Talents: Stomp, Barrage, Stampede
Level 100 Talents: Killer Cobra, A Murder of Crows, Aspect of the Beast

I can't remember all the details to know if the numbers or abilities of the talents changed significantly, I'm sorry. But the new one, Venomous Bite, if I remember correctly was something akin to "Cobra Shot reduces the remaining CD on Kill Command by 1 Second" passive.

It's clear that Blizz is trying to encourage to break up the "cookie cutter" builds that a lot of BM are running with, seeing as many of the 'main talents' commonly chosen are now on the same tier and unable to be picked together. Though, I'm sure there'll be a new 'cookie cutter' build lol

I also didn't see anywhere we couldn't post this info (IDK if it may have already been shown on the demos that were visible to watch on the virtual ticket), but if any mods or random blizz people wish for me to remove this, then I will happily do so! :)

Edit:
Realized Bendak over at Eyesofthebeast covered this and better than me, my bad xD that's what I get for posting before reading my usual blog haunts lol

Edit 2:
Valnaaros wrote:I posted it in another thread, and Wowhead also has an article (including a Demo Talent Calculator), but having a main post dedicated to it on Petopia can't hurt. :) One thing I will say again is for everyone to please remember this is early beta. The final talents will probably look different.
Last edited by Rikaku on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Hunter Talent Changes

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I posted it in another thread, and Wowhead also has an article (including a Demo Talent Calculator), but having a main post dedicated to it on Petopia can't hurt. :) One thing I will say again is for everyone to please remember this is early beta. The final talents will probably look different.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

With us moving away from Artifacts (and all the new stuff it gave the specs), I am hoping they fill that void with something interesting, a couple new abilities or whatever. Can't wait for all that to come out in the months to come!

Also looks like Wowhead has an early BFA talent calculator up: http://www.wowhead.com/bfa-talent-calc/
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:I posted it in another thread, and Wowhead also has an article (including a Demo Talent Calculator), but having a main post dedicated to it on Petopia can't hurt. :) One thing I will say again is for everyone to please remember this is early beta. The final talents will probably look different.
That's a really important note, so I'll add that in to the OP just in case :)

And definitely. Now I realize it's posted in a lot of places, but I haven't finished going through all the news feeds (and streams) for stuff I missed. The entire event was so massive this year, it'll be awhile before I have officially 'read everything' lol

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I really hope they bring Spirit Bond back. I didn't realize how much i missed it until I had to start soloing without it. :(