Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'll be downing Argus within the next couple of days, so I'll be able to check out everything once that happens.
Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

theyre still marked as elementals and the only thing i could get to drop from them is order resources right now
also, here's their size compared to a human hunter. I'm sorry i was so delayed with my response I'm in college and its the last week before finals
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_120717_135429.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120717_135429.jpg (304.29 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Haha, no worries. If anything, it was meant as a positive. I'm grateful for the help. Sad they're still elementals, but I'm positive that they'll eventually become tameable if the red one is already tameable.

Good luck with college, by the way, and thanks for the screenshot!
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Indeed, good luck with the testing :)

Either they'll be made tamable, or another mob with the same skin will be added in Silithus or elsewhere. I think the rares are meant to drop more than just resources, but the rest of the loot hasn't been added yet.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Indeed, good luck with the testing :)

Either they'll be made tamable, or another mob with the same skin will be added in Silithus or elsewhere. I think the rares are meant to drop more than just resources, but the rest of the loot hasn't been added yet.
What would they drop, though? I can see them dropping the Unevolved Silithid Grub pet. But would they really drop the mounts?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Could be items that aren't implemented yet. Though, there was that cultist outfit toy that was datamined, but hasn't been found yet. They might drop that in a later build.

Aren't the mounts listed as dropping during the Call of the Scarab event?
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Could be items that aren't implemented yet. Though, there was that cultist outfit toy that was datamined, but hasn't been found yet. They might drop that in a later build.

Aren't the mounts listed as dropping during the Call of the Scarab event?
Well, there's also a Twilight Ogre rare, so I'm thinking he might drop it. That or random cultist mobs.

The Qiraji War Tanks currently have "Source: Call of the Scarab", yes. Except for the Black one, which simply says "Legacy", but has the same description. I am hoping and praying that that one is a bug/oversight, and it is actually obtainable by people today without having to create a time machine to become Scarab Lord.

Honestly, if they become the Vile Fiend rares of Silithus, i.e. rare once a day per character chance to drop their color mount, I'd be just fine and dandy with that.

If they want to tie the Black Qiraji War Tank (my favorite) to something special or limited time, I'm okay with that, too. I just want them to actually all be obtainable.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's true, there is that ogre rare. We'll have to see whatelse is added in the next few builds. If the silithid rares are the only source of a toy, pet, or mount, then I would think that Blizz would refrain from making them tamable and just add a few other mobs elsewhere that share the same skin variants.

The mounts could possibly be like the brooms of Hollow's End. Blizz has stated thst they don't want micro holidays to become a required event by adding toys, mounts, and pets.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:That's true, there is that ogre rare. We'll have to see whatelse is added in the next few builds. If the silithid rares are the only source of a toy, pet, or mount, then I would think that Blizz would refrain from making them tamable and just add a few other mobs elsewhere that share the same skin variants.

The mounts could possibly be like the brooms of Hollow's End. Blizz has stated thst they don't want micro holidays to become a required event by adding toys, mounts, and pets.
I'm not sure about your assessment that if they drop toys, pets or mounts, they won't be tameable. What if they're like the Argus rares, or like Legion rares in general? Not really rare - they respawn within a few minutes and only have a chance to drop cool loot once a day?

And I would be really annoyed if they did that with the mounts. Also surprised that they would be making a new model for temp mounts. If they were temp for the event, I'd just assume they would reuse the old Qiraji Battle Tanks and let people use them outside of Ahn'Qiraj for a day or 2.

I doubt they made the new Silithid models for the sake of replacing a few mobs in a silithid hive that is otherwise 80% old/classic model. To do it for the sake of giving a temp mount and giving a few mobs a new model is just a waste of development time.

As an aside, they also mentioned in regards to the transmog competition, similarly a mini-event, that if it were popular enough, they would consider adding unique cosmetic rewards, so them being permanent mounts is not off-the-table. Especially if at least the blue and red (and maybe purple) ones are fairly easy to get.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Those silithid mount source strings may be genuine but I have a gut feeling they’re artefacts from copying old data for a new item, and they simply haven’t implemented the new sources yet. Hopefully we’ll know for sure soon.

I don’t think any teaching items have been datamined yet, have they? If not then we can’t expect them to drop from anything. Even if they turn out to be temp/seasonal mounts we can 90% expect some kind of item to summon the mount. The only alternative is if they’re designed for encounters where you mount up some other way (like clicking on a transport) or automatically.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It mostly depends on the respawn. If it is short, then there wouldn't be any issue with them being tamable. But if they have a longer respawn -- even something like 30 mins -- then there would be an issue with them being tamable.

I would be annoyed, as well. But they did that with the Broom, and that one always highly requested as a permanent mount.

We know that the Silithid are evolving in response to the Azerite in the region and Sargeras' sword. This new model may be that new evolution, and thus is restricted to just Silithus (since huge deposits of Azerite and Sargeras' sword are only there). This is speculation, of course.

The Trial of Style is a bit different from Micro Holidays. It was intended to have rewards and to be later built upon. Basically, it is a Holiday. Micro Holidays aren't meant to be like that, unless Blizz decides to go back on what their plan is with them.

@Wain I haven't seen any teaching items yet, but it is still very early in the ptr cycle.

It's also possible that Blizz has long term plans with these things. Throughout Legion, Blizz has added things that weren't used until patch or so down the road. For example, the Dalaran Mailroom is being added in 7.3.5, but it was added to the game in 7.0. I know there have been other cases of this, but I can't recall them at the time of writing this.
Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

as of right now, the respawn on each rare is about 1-2 minutes.. nearly instant.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Then there isn't a reason for them not to become tamable :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool. From memory the mount-droppers in Draenor were tameable and they had much longer spawn times. Maybe they shouldn't have been, but I wasn't complaining ;)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye, they probably shouldn't have been, but it is what it is.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks to Valnaaros's data I've been adding all the 7.3.5 Silithus creatures. The only new looks so far are the four silithids and of those only the red is currently tameable.

Cross fingers for more soon!

I've also been adding code to add notes for level scaling creatures. I haven't mde changes to reflect 7.3.5 yet, just what's in game. Like: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=bear2skinblack
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Talbuk colour we thought was missing...

Unread post by Wain »

UPDATE: THIS IS ON THE PTR ONLY. MERGING INTO 7.3.5 THREAD.

Apparently the orange talbuk with sideward horns is available after all (we had it marked as unused). It's a fourth colour variant of the Chitinbuk Ruinwalker at Azurelight Square, Mac'Aree.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... ange-horn1

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Re: Talbuk colour we thought was missing...

Really? That's great! I know that it wasn't originally. I spent so much time with those Chitinbuk that I would've seen it. It must've been a very late addition to the potential skin variants that they could spawn as. :)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Talbuk colour we thought was missing...

Unread post by Krysteena »

Interesting, I've never seen that variant up, from my talbuk murder sprees. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it whilst I'm running around Argus :D
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

I do think it is high time the scarab mounts be freed from their restriction to only be used in the raids. It makes them completely useless 99% of the time to have. I doubt they will rethink that but it is a hope with these new models they can at least be zone restricted to Silithus as a whole, rather than Ahn'Qiraj and its Ruins.